Sebastian Telfair

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by NJNetz, Mar 27, 2005.

1. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

ive noticed as a starter telfair has been playin good. r the trailblazers plannin to have him start next season too?? also wat r ur thoughts on him and wat he should improve on besides his jump shot.

2. Da_Future_2k5

Da_Future_2k5 JBB Banned Member

yes he will be the starting PG next season... like you mentioned.. his jump shot HAS to be improved. Also, he needs to work on lowering his turnovers and just make better decisions with the basketball.. that will come with time, considering the PG is the hardest position to learn in the NBA.

3. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

anybody else have any thoughts about him

4. CUSA Fan

CUSA Fan JBB JustBBall Member

...the boy should have came to Louisville. Look what he's missing out on!

5. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

I still can`t beleive he was picked so low in the draft, before Jameer Nelson...and I think he should of went to college for a couple years to improve his game, he wouldn`t have to improve on alot of his game.

6. CUSA Fan

CUSA Fan JBB JustBBall Member

See, one thing that I thought may have been in question was his height. Let's face it, besides Boykins, the NBA is full of some big guards, and a lot of tall players. He may not know how to play with his height. If he would have gone to college, he could have learned more and could have becane prepared for the NBA. I mean, wouldn't Pitino be a good coach for him? He only was a former NBA coach. Look at TJ Ford. He was in the same situation with his height, went to college for the Longhorns, developed, and if it wasn't for a tragic injury, he would be having a successful sophmore season.

7. D-Miles

D-Miles JBB JustBBall Member

well. in a way he kinda reminds me of AI. the reason is because he can get to the basket verry well. i think he has to learn how to make less turnovers and the rest of the Blazers need to lear how to handle his passes! lol

8. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?

He has great moves to the hoop, he can navigate the floor pretty nicely. He has a good way with the ball, he finds his way to the hoop easily (or so it seems). He has unlimited potential. But he made some rookie mistakes against NY when they played the other night. Some poorly timed and placed passes to Pryzbilla. However, that is cured by good coaching. The question is, is Telfair ready to commit himself to self-improvement? I really do wish he went to Louisville (as CUSA mentioned), I think Pitino and Co. could've worked some magic with him. It's all there, just got to put it all together.

9. Mr.Wade

Mr.Wade JBB The Canadian Dream

Well as you guys probably know, his family wasn't very financially secure. Going to the NBA gives him millions so he can take his family out of the ghetto, which Marbury didn't do...