Sebastian Telfair

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by playmaker15, Jun 16, 2005.

1. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Telfair came off the bench this year and did a good job considering that he was a rookie straight out of high school. He averaged 6.8 PPG, 1.5 RPG, and 3.3 assists per game playng 19 minutes a game. I really like this kid and I think he could become something special. I think he will be a better player than his cousin if he doesn't do anything stupid. I hope he gets to play more next year, not nessesarily a starting role, but around 25 minutes a game, he actually may get a chance to start because Damon is likely gone. I htin he'll average about 11 PPG, 2.5 RPG, and 6 assists next year. What do you guys think?

2. stkf

stkf BBW Member

Telfair was a good player for the Blazers. He is going to be something for years to come.

3. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

I think he still has great potential...he needs to improve his jump shot, particularly his 3-point shot, but his passing and floor vision is unique for a player so young...I expect him to be an impact player in another 2 years, I think it would be very helpful for him if he spent next season getting valuable bench minutes while learning from veterans...

4. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

i want to see if he can improve his jump shot. if he improves that he can be a really good player

5. da pimp 1

da pimp 1 JBB JustBBall Member

He has great vison of the floor, if he can improve on his jump shoot and other areas to get more points then he will be better than his cousin. Especially in the assists area

6. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Yea I think we can all agree that his jumer needs some work but he vision is really good for a 19 year old playing in the NBA don't you think?

7. da pimp 1

da pimp 1 JBB JustBBall Member

Oh yeah, at first I didn't really remember Telfair because i was so focused on the Suns but now that i remember who he is i am amazed. I want to see this player in two or three years.

8. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

I love this player cuz he says he wants to learn more all the time, i see him more as a mini-iverson then a mini-Kidd but thats cool...with that said i think he is still a bench player - a 20 min' bench player but still a bench player - i saw him in a game aginst Seattle this year and The Blazers had the lead totally because of him but after a quarter or 2 the suprise element went away and Talfair was stopped aginst the seattle D,I heard it happens to him alot and thats why i think The Blazers need another good PG for backup.
    NVE said he is a great weapon that can suprise the other team and thats why you need to get him in but not for too long - the magic goes away after some minutes.

Im looking for him too improve and i think that improving his Jumpshoot will be way easier then improving Miles Jump shoot.
    With Randolph in a good shape together with Pierce the Blazers can be one of the best teams in the league,but even without Pierce Randolph will score after Talfair will fade out at the final minutes of games.

9. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

Yeah his playmaking abilities are unique for someone so young and small...and if anyone wants an in-depth look into Telfair's amateur years as a ballplayer and person, check out "The Jump" by Ian O'Connor...

10. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Telfair looks like he could become a Kidd-like player, which will be great for Portland down the road, but he needs to improve a little more on his offense. I`ll mark down Telfair as one of the players I`ll be watching next season...

11. BlueBayou

BlueBayou JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah I think Telfair has something special. He's so young and he got a decent number of assists per game compared to the minutes he played. He could become better then Marbury but Marbury is an amazing player and takes care of his body. If telfair hits the weights like Marbury he can be phenomenal.

12. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

For someone so young, he's got excellent courtvision. Once he gets that jumpshot, he'll be a great offensive player.