Series Preview: Chicago Bulls v.s. Miami Heat

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by Midnight Green, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div align="center">

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    <font color="DarkRed">Chicago Bulls (41-41)</font> at <font color="Orange">Miami Heat (52-30)</font>
    First Game: Saturday, Apr. 22, 7:00pm at Heat
    TV: ESPN

<font size=""1"">

The Bulls are in their second straight post season, after a long post Jordan era playoff drought. You can say what you want about the Bulls, but one thing you cannot question is their heart. After appearing dead in the water less than a month ago the Bulls went on a tear winning 12 out of their last 14 games, including five straight to close out the season in the 7th playoff seed.

The Bulls opponents will be the heavily favored Miami Heat who are comprised of five former all stars, two current ones. The Heat have been through a tumultuous season in their quest to pave a road to the NBA finals. Stan Van Gundy resigned less than two months into the NBA regular season, and was replaced by former Heat coach Pat Riley. They managed to keep things together though and win their second straight Southeast division title.

The story of this series are simple. Can Shaq become the Shaq of old? Can the Bulls win their first series post Jordan era? Can Riley prove he has what it takes to win his first title since leaving Los Angeles? The road to the finals starts here! </font>

</div>
    [div=50%]
    <font size=""1"">[​IMG]

<font color="Orange">Miami Heat</font>

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<font size=""1""><font color=""Orange"">PG</font>- Jason Williams
    <font color=""Orange"">SG</font>- Dwyane Wade
    <font color=""Orange"">SF</font>- James Posey
    <font color=""Orange"">PF</font>- Udonis Haslem
    <font color=""Orange"">C</font>- Shaquille O‘Neal</font>

<font size=""1"">Coach: Pat Riley</font>

<font size="3">Season Stats</font>
    Leading Scorer: Dwyane Wade - 27.3 PPG
    Leading Rebounder: Shaquille O‘Neal- 9.2 RPG
    Assist Man: Dwyane Wade - 6.7 APG
    The 'X' Factor: Shaquille O’Neal (20.0 PPG, 9.2 RPG, 1.9 APG)

[​IMG]

[imgl]http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/jason_williams.jpg[/imgl]<font color="Orange">Jason Williams </font>
    PPG: 12.3, RPG: 2.4, APG: 4.9
    The player formally known as White Chocolate has melted a little under the Miami heat after missing several games during the last month of the season Jason Williams is back, and ready to try and get this team into the NBA finals. Williams should do well in the playoffs as there will be no back to back games it will allow Williams time to recuperate any lingering injuries he might have, before he has to take the court again.

[imgl]http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/dwyane_wade.jpg[/imgl]<font color="Orange">Dwyane Wade </font>
    PPG: 27.3, RPG: 4.3, APG: 6.7
    MVP candidate Dwyane Wade has not shined, by Wade standards, against the Chicago Bulls during his young career. Many say Wade cannot handle the pressure of playing in front of family, and friends when he plays in his hometown of Chicago. Wade comes into this series with a lot to prove to a lot of people, not an unusually situation for Dwyane who has been surprising people since being selected fifth overall in the draft by the Miami Heat.

[​IMG]

[imgl]http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/james_posey.jpg[/imgl]<font color="Orange">James Posey </font>
    PPG: 7.2, RPG: 4.8, APG: 1.3
    James Posey has had a rough season whittled with injuries. However, he seems to be back on top of his game and ready to help the Heat mount their playoff charge. Posey is widely considered one of if not the best defenders on the Heats roster. No question Posey will be the Heat’s answer to the Bulls Andres Nocioni. Don’t be surprised to see these two mix it up a couple times during this series.

[imgl]http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/udonis_haslem.jpg[/imgl]<font color="Orange">Udonis Haslem</font>
    PPG: 9.3, RPG: 7.8, APG: 1.2
    Udonis Haslem does all the dirty work that no one else wants to do. Although, his numbers may not jump out at you Haslem is probably the third or fourth biggest part of this Heat team this year. Haslem has worked hard to be in the position he is in now. Be on the look out for Haslem to make even more of a name for himself during this series.

[imgl]http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/shaquille_oneal.jpg[/imgl]<font color="orange">Shaquille O’Neal </font>
    PPG:20.0, RPG: 9.2, APG: 1.9
    Shaq has had what many consider to be his worst season ever in the NBA, yet he still averaged 20 and 9, just shows you how dominant he has been in the past. His body has broken down, and some have questioned whether or not he still has that will, that drive to win. In the past Shaq has turned on another switch in the playoffs, and taken it to another level. At his age, and condition can he do it one more time?

[/div]
    [​IMG]

<font color="Darkred"> Chicago Bulls</font>

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<font size=""1""><font color=""DarkRed"">PG</font>- Kirk Hinrich
    <font color=""DarkRed"">SG</font>- Ben Gordon
    <font color=""DarkRed"">SF</font>- Malik Allen
    <font color=""DarkRed"">PF</font>- Andres Nocioni
    <font color=""DarkRed"">C</font>- Michael Sweetney</font>

<font size=""1"">Coach: Scott Skiles</font>

<font size="3">Season Stats</font>
    Leading Scorer: Ben Gordon- 17.0 PPG
    Leading Rebounder: Tyson Chandler- 9.0 RPG
    Assist Man: Kirk Hinrich- 6.3 APG
    The 'X' Factor: Luol Deng (14.3 PPG, 6.6 RPG, 1.9 APG)

[​IMG]

[imgl]http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/kirk_hinrich.jpg[/imgl]<font color="DarkRed">Kirk Hinrich</font>
    PPG: 15.9, RPG: 3.6, APG: 6.3
    Kirk Hinrich has been the model of consistency amidst a group of young talented players who’s defense is among the best in the league, but offense tends to waver from game to game, Hinrich has held steady on both ends. Although, not the flashiest and probably not the best player on this team Hinrich’s consistency and experience in winning at the college level makes him the most important player from the Bulls side in this series.

[imgl]http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/ben_gordon.jpg[/imgl]<font color="DarkRed">Ben Gordon</font>
    PPG: 17.0 PPG, RPG: 2.7, APG: 3.0
    Ben Gordon has arrived! This season has been Gordon’s coming out party. Although, not a 20 point per game scorer in terms of season average. Gordon has proven he can take over a game, and be that “franchise player” if the Bulls give him the opportunity. During the last month of the season Gordon averaged over 25 points a game while tying the record for consecutive three pointers made in one game. Expect Gordon to become a house hold name in this series.

[​IMG]

[imgl]http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/malik_allen.jpg[/imgl]<font color="DarkRed">Malik Allen</font>
    PPG: 4.9, RPG: 2.6, APG: 0.4
    Malik Allen is the perfect example of the opportunity Skiles gives players who other coaches in the past have deemed pretty much “scrubs”. After not playing due to coaches decision several games in a row early in the season Allen was rewarded for his hard work with a starting spot, and the Bulls have been on a roll ever since. Although, not the best guy in anything he has been solid in everything these last couple months.

[imgl]http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/andres_nocioni.jpg[/imgl]<font color="DarkRed">Andres Nocioni</font>
    PPG: 13.6, RPG: 6.1, APG: 1.4
    Andres Nocioni has been on top of his game since Songaila went down with an injury. He has really picked up the slack this season at one point recording 8 straight double doubles something that has not taken place in the Bulls organization since the 2000 season (Elton Brand). He has a history of getting under peoples skins, and has a crazy history with the Miami Heat. Expect him to be in the middle of early play that is deemed a “questionable call” during this series.

[imgl]http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/mike_sweetney.jpg[/imgl]<font color="DarkRed">Michael Sweetney</font>
    PPG: 8.1, RPG: 5.3, APG: 0.9
    To steal a line from Bill Walton “What a long strange trip it’s been” for Michael Sweetney from starting, to not playing several contest due to coaches decision, to starting again. Now all eyes will be on Mike as he takes the floor with the responsibility of stopping arguably the most dominant player to ever play the game. Good Luck Mike!

</font>

<div align="center">[​IMG]

[​IMG]</div>

<ul><font color="DarkRed"><font size=""1"">Rebound</font></font> <font size=""1"">the Bulls cannot let the Heat get second chance opportunities the Bulls will have to play a perfect series to have a chance to pull off the upset. Boxing out and preventing the Heat from getting easy buckets will be a huge key.</font>[/list]

<ul><font color="DarkRed"><font size=""1"">Defense</font></font> <font size=""1"">the Bulls will need to force Wade to stay out on the perimeter and keep him out of the paint. If there is one question about his game it is his perimeter shooting ability. Easier said then done. </font>[/list]

<ul><font color="DarkRed"><font size=""1"">Keep out of foul trouble</font></font> <font size=""1""> Chandler and Sweetney this is direct straight at you. With the Diesel down low the Bulls will need all the bodies they can get to stop him. They cannot afford to have these guys in early foul trouble.</font>[/list]

<div align="center">[​IMG]</div>

<ul><font color="Orange"><font size=""1"">Play to you style </font></font> <font size=""1""> pick a style of play and stick to it. If you think your game is the half court set up offense style do it. If you think it is running the break do that, but don’t let the Bulls dictate the game with their tempo. </font>[/list]

<ul><font color="Orange"><font size=""1"">Get the Diesel going early</font></font> <font size=""1"">this is Shaq that‘s all I need to say the Bulls have no one down low who can match up with him. get him going early, and this series might be over before it even started.</font>[/list]

<ul><font color="Orange"><font size=""1"">Don‘t take the Bulls lightly</font></font> <font size=""1""> this Bulls team will embarrass you if you come into a game thinking you have this series locked up. They play harder than 99% of the teams in the league. </font>[/list]

<div align="center">[​IMG]</div>

<font size="1">Here is my bold prediction for this years playoffs Bulls over the Heat in the first round! This is not the same Heat team that went to the Eastern Conference finals last season. They don‘t play as hard, and are not as consistent. The Bulls play harder than they do, and have nothing to lose they go out there, and play like it‘s a college atmosphere, and their George Mason. Bulls take series 4-3.</font>

2. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

Although I am a Heat fan I'll be honest and say I understand what your saying about Heats problems, I realize this series can get interesting, but my only problem is this; you said the Bulls will win it 4 wins to 3. I know the Bulls play hard and all but a Game 7 playoff game in Miami is almost impossible to win. We have seen the Heat go careless in some games this year, but after Shaq promised Miami a ring and everything I dont think he'll let a 1st round Game 7 loss at home occur.

3. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheTruth5:</div><div class="quote_post">Although I am a Heat fan I'll be honest and say I understand what your saying about Heats problems, I realize this series can get interesting, but my only problem is this; you said the Bulls will win it 4 wins to 3. I know the Bulls play hard and all but a Game 7 playoff game in Miami is almost impossible to win. We have seen the Heat go careless in some games this year, but after Shaq promised Miami a ring and everything I dont think he'll let a 1st round Game 7 loss at home occur.</div>
    I understand exactly where your coming from, and if Shaq can prove to me during the first couple games of this series he is still the Shaq of old my opinion might change. However, right now I just don?t think Shaq has enough in the tank to take over a game, and will his team to a win. I love Shaq, and admit if he gets going he is the most dominant player in the league, but I don?t know if he has it in him. Also take into account there is a little bit a biasness in my opinion, not a lot just little bit.

4. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Miami will take it in a sweep IMO. This is what they've been waiting for all year and they're going to come out firing.

5. Flava23

Flava23 JBB JustBBall Member

First off, very good series preview Best Kept Secret. Second, I believe the Heat will win it 4-2. It really depends on Alonzo Mourning though.

6. I-Miss-MJ

I-Miss-MJ JBB I am so SMRT

nice work as always BKS.

7. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

[​IMG] Great preview Best Kept Secret.

8. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

Excellent preview, and I'm with you, I think they bulls can beat the heat. If we can close out games then we stand a chance. The heat will struggle against our D, the only man we can't make it hard for is Shaq if hes playing like regular Shaq.

Win or lose this series, we will gain some good experience. Hopefully we dont get swept, 4-2 would be nice. Keep it somewhat competitive.

9. I-Miss-MJ

As long as we win the games I can watch.

Is Antoine Walker injured or isn't he a starter?

10. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting I-Miss-MJ:</div><div class="quote_post">As long as we win the games I can watch.

Is Antoine Walker injured or isn't he a starter?</div>
    He does not start...

11. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

I cant wait until we win game 1.
    I see that the Heat fans are already begining to doubt the skills of the bulls.
    But we all know Wade doent have great games against chicago and Shaq is getting older by the second.

I predict that Shaq will be injured during the playoffs. I predict that this will be a 7 game series and the Bulls will atleast have a chance to win it. I cant say who will win the series because im not on the squad making decisions on the court. Deng will officially have his coming out by the time this series reaches game 3.

GO BULLS!!!!!!!!

12. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

go Bulls!

13. Midnight Green

Its going to be very interesting watching this game. ESPN is going to have it on every single channel they have (ESPN, ESPN2,etc.) with different angles, if anyone remembers the Duke/UNC game, similar to that. Man can’t wait for this game the anticipation is building. By the way a late note Alonzo Mourning will be out at least the first game of this series.

14. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

Yeah, I'm ganna have it on 3 different channels!

15. Midnight Green

Well Mark Jackson is picking us to take this game tonight so take that for what it’s worth. I can’t wait for this game to start the Heat not having Zo is a huge lift for our team. Chandler will probably not play well though his wife is expected to give birth any day now so his mind is probably on other things.

16. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Sweet preview, BKS.

Miami may be the favorite, but Chicago to me just has that firepower that <u>could</u> turn this series against all odds.

17. Midnight Green

Man the game is just underway, but Sweetney is a man down low against Shaq. He is taking elbows from Shaq, but just staying on him and not backing down. Shaq is catching the ball outside of the paint, and already has several turnovers. Let’s go Sweets!

18. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

we're stickin in there atm
    i've only got 1 espn [​IMG]

19. I-Miss-MJ

shaq is killing us. otherwise we doing good. not turning the ball over and causing them to.

whats with the white crowd?

20. Midnight Green

I guess it must be some type of promotion like get something free if you come to the game with something white. Anyway, I love Scottie he is helping convince people on national TV (ESPN2) that the Bulls will win this series. He is a Bull through and through. Let’s Go Bulls! By the way I-Miss-MJ Shaq is three for three, but he has three walks and is not catching the ball in the paint. We are controlling him. Let’s go Bulls!