OT Serious happiness question

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by bodyman5000 and 1, Apr 22, 2018.

1. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Most of the posters in this section really seem miserable because Trump is still around.

With that ongoing saga and the embarrassment of the playoffs how happy would everyone say they are?

For me yesterday was a 9.5 out of 10 and a Blazer win would have made it an eleven.

Are you relieved that the playoffs are over?

Hobbesarable likes this.
  2. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

I’m pretty low man... at least the Mariners have a better record than the Yankees?

And I guess I have more time to get laid now that I don’t have to watch the Blazers?

Maybe 6/10?

Thank God we still have Papa Trump tho!:devilwink:

3. bodyman5000 and 1

I'm at the gym. The NBA broadcast showed all the assists the Wolves got on their 3pt shots and I was more jealous than anything. Hero ball has sucked forever.

BonesJones likes this.
  4. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

I’m like you in that I don’t need a Blazers win to make me happy. I have plenty of good stuff going in my life to override the results of a sporting event, despite my fandom (maybe the past 41 years of futility has tempered me?). I’m at a great place in my life and relationship right now. The bills are paid, the sun is (finally) shining and my granddaughters are happy and healthy. That’s the stuff that truly matters. That said, a deeper run in the playoffs would have been a heavy dose of sprinkles on top of an already thickly iced cake.........

Edit. It also doesn’t hurt that the SF Giants have won 3 rings since 2010 and I got my victory parade fix via that route, but still.......

5. bodyman5000 and 1

Awesome. The sun always shines here, it helps.

6. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

4-5 out of 10

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  7. bodyman5000 and 1

Aww man...

8. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    I love the NBA playoffs and I have enjoyed many a playoffs in which Blazers lose in first round or aren't in the playoffs at all. Dallas' run after they beat us was one of my favorite playoff runs of all time. That said, it is REALLY weird that there are 15 teams in the playoffs right now and we're not one of them. What the fuck? We probably weren't going to win the title but to be out so fast after such a promising season. I guess there were red flags when we lost to a Dallas team that was actively trying to lose. I mean they pulled out their starters in the fourth quarter and we still couldn't win. Something happened to the team after Dame left the team for the birth of his son. He had just scored 41 on the Pelicans and we were never the same again and as BJ keeps saying, Stotts made no adjustments to New Orleans' defense after Game 1. He finally figured it out by Game 4 but that was too little too late. It's going to be hard for Blazers fans to trust regular season success next year unless we have a new system in place.

9. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

I come to the OT section just to see what people are thinking these days. It goes as expected. Sometimes I waste too much time going back and forth on here with somebody. Usually over dumb meaningless shit. It's funny, we live in America and people just complain over nothing over and over again. Trump is all people have. Or shit about race or gender. It's pathetic really. Meanwhile people are getting stoned in the middle east still, and in other 3rd world countries people can't even get food. America has too much food, too much greed, and too many stupid people. Unfortunately. Overall, I look at the big picture at the end of the day, life is a blessing. My girlfriend is and my couple close friends are. That's all I need. I could give a fuck about all the other weird shit going on particularly in this country.

10. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Blazers, always expect disappointment.
    Politics, could care less nowadays, it's all a scam.
    Personal life is good.
    Professional life, not so much.

11. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher

Blazers lost, I've been unemployed for nine months, unemployment ran out, car repossessed, not sure how I'm making rent this month, and I couldn't get a handjob in a crack house with an 8-ball taped to my nuts.

Hoopguru and bodyman5000 and 1 like this.
  12. LameR

LameR Ha Seung-Jin Approved!

Soccer Coach
    I honestly wasn't expecting anything massive from the team this year until that winning streak happened. Even then, I was hoping for a competitive playoffs that showed progress more than anything else. Obviously 0-4 is a bummer, especially the way it played out. For my perspective on the team, I'd say I'm a 4/10. Grateful we're not terrible, but frustrated that we seem to be stuck and also confused/intrigued as to what's next. Any strategy for the team going forward (stay the course, minor changes, major changes) will all have major consequences, hopefully in a positive sense, so it's a very unstable time I'd say.

Overall in life, I'm fluctuating. Relocating to Ohio for a new opportunity has been super super needed and really life-giving and I'm grateful for that. On the flip-side though I've dealt with depression for years and more recently anxiety and I've seen both of those things pop up seemingly without reason and can impact my mentality and perspective pretty significantly. So I don't know if I can put a number on myself overall, but I will say that all things considered things are trending upward. I am planning on doing a bit of counseling or therapy (honestly don't know the difference between the two) to perhaps hear some additional means of living in a healthier way relative to the depression/anxiety pop-ups.

Also rooting against the Cavs here is fun.

13. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    You must visit the Air Force museum in Dayton. It may take you two days. It is free and all they ask is a donation.
    There is a small air museum in North Canton called the MAPS museum where you can sit in the cockpit of an Apache helicopter and a Korean war MiG-15
    There are numerous food places to gouge on cholesterol bait.
    The Amish will supplement your meat intake.
    The rock hall of fame merchandise center is cool BUT the R n R HOF is absolutely bogus.
    You can endure anything if you call yourself a Browns fan.

14. stampedehero

All that is left is to smoke weed and be adored by pretty girls.

15. stampedehero

@Cippy91: You are real. Eventually we all end up here>> green-funerals.jpg

Cippy91 likes this.
  16. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

Basically. I noticed in America especially, too many give a fuck about social status and how much money one has and now people have gotten so comfortable in this country that the people start getting outraged about nothing because they don't have to survive, they can just sit at home with their cats and write blogs or pretend they are important. People need to look at the bigger picture in all situations. I watched a documentary on the voyager 1 not that long ago. This is a picture of earth from the voyager 1. The last pics they could get before they lost contact. This little dot is Earth from about 3 billion miles away. It puts so many things into perspective.

540616main_pia00452-43_full.jpg

stampedehero likes this.
  17. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

This forum is more of a political outlet for me. In real life I dont discuss politics much. Leaving facebook helped a lot with overall happiness. With politics and basketball when things get too hairy I check out and spend more time in my garden or doing my hobbies because they are in my control. The recent awesome weather is doing wonders for my attitude and motivation, and the recent shit storm on the basketball court and in politics has my garden looking amazing.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  18. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    I'm very happy. The Timbers game yesterday was awesome. I leave for Palm Springs on Thursday as well!

THE HCP and bodyman5000 and 1 like this.
  19. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    I haven't read anyones yet, but to answer the OP, I pretty damned happy. The only detractor is how much I'm working right now to try and build my future, I miss having a day off or a vacation. But I'll be taking a week soon for my wedding.

Trump and politics in general play very little role in my happiness except as far as I find politics fascinating. I also find how people respond fascinating. So good or bad by Trump/Obama/Bernie..... I come out a winner in the happiness quotient because I get to learn and explore.

Blazers and sports can get me down for a few minutes, but that's it. I put it behind me pretty quick.

6 out of 10 while at work, 9 our of 10 while out of work by myself, 10 our of 10 when enjoying the day with my Fiancee

20. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

While I would have liked the blazers to win, them losing frees up a lot of my time for the next few weeks, so it's really a good thing.

I'm at approximately 123.7914 out of 10.

barfo