Serious Question For Trump Supporters

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by THE HCP, Jan 14, 2017.

1. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I don't tread over here very much as most of you know. My wife and I would not be considered super political people. I served my country and we both vote, but that's the extent. I honestly paid no attention to this election......it was more of a choose the lesser evil of the two situation. I know there are a hundred separate threads about Trump, but I just had a question for you experts in the word of politics.

That said, we both loved Obama and how he handled himself during his tenure. He really connected with a whole new audience if you will. To me, politicians have always felt like my grandparents. Old and stuffy...... shit this guy had a weekly run of hoops at the white house. Regularly mingled with musicians, actors and athletes. Seemed like a regular guy. I wa proud to call him our leader.

Now that may be the exact reason why some DON'T like him, wouldn't really understand that, but everybody is allowed to have their own opinion.

My question is, for you that are actually HAPPY that Trump won the election, how do you explain or accept or say it's OK when it comes to all the bullshit he has said?

I have a daughter and she is 11. And she asked me the other night, "Why is trump our president, even though he had grabbed women in their private parts?" WOW! How do you answer this? How sad that our kids will remember a person that has said what he has said about people openly as our leader. All the hate, degrading things he has said make any type of policies he plans to implement completely moot if you ask me. I don't care how many jobs he creates, aren't you honestly worried he'll say or do something so completely out of line or offensive at a dinner with dignitaries from other countries that he will hurt us as a country?

As much as I fuck around on here, I'm a husband and a parent first and I have raised my kids to do nothing but show compassion and respect to others NO MATTER WHAT. And it saddens me that the man who now holds the most powerful position in our country, even the world has been allowed to treat other humans beings this way.

I hope I haven't offended any Trump supporters by asking these questions, just was wanting serious answers from people who support and believe that a man like this is what's best for you and your family. Curious how you would have answered the question my daughter asked me.

Hope this doesn't become another thread where you guys just blast each other or me. Just want to know how you can be happy with your choice as you tuck your kids into bed.

2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Why the fuck are there so many Trump threads? Holy shit. I don't even go into this sub anymore because of this shit.

Trump is a sleaze. I'm guessing most of us didn't vote for him. Why do we need constant reminders that he's a sleaze?

Chris Craig and JFizzleRaider like this.
  3. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    How did she hear this rubbish?

MARIS61 likes this.
  4. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    If you don't mind my asking, how did you serve?

I was at the VA clinic Monday giving the stuff needed for a lab work up. Sitting across from me while we waited was another Vet with Corpsman hat on.
    I said, how are you today Corps Man? He chuckled and said, 11 more days. We both chuckled.

Now if you don't get it, I may not be able to help.

5. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

People like to think every president is perfect. Well, why did bush to the shit he did, why did obama sign off on drones which killed thousands of innocents, why did he go back on his policy on whistleblowers? why did hillary delete all those emails, take money from the haiti fund, speeches paid for by big banks, etc. Why should anybody expect trump to be good either? it's all the same shit, different story. Just because Obama spoke well everybody thought he was perfect. A lot more to it. I suggest people do their research.

blue32 likes this.
  6. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Two different thoughts in one sentence. I don't think he speaks well. He speaks as though he has been well trained in public speaking, a bit halting and excessive pauses but not too bad.

Then I can tell you, it is very far from everybody that thinks he is perfect.

MARIS61 likes this.
  7. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    I mostly ignore the off topic threads as well but not because of all the trump threads but when you go in and read them and its the same several people attacking each other over and then complaining that the other side is stupid.

riverman and SlyPokerDog like this.
  8. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

I stopped reading at "I don't care how many jobs he creates"

This is the type of asinine thinking that makes me furious.

It should be...
    1. Jobs
    2. Jobs
    3. Jobs
    4. Jobs
    5. Jobs
    6-1000 Jobs

He can grab my junk if he creates jobs for this country. I've done better than most during the Obama administration and I'll still trade the American Merkel we almost got for the tweet obsessed rich guy who loves to fondle women.

Maybe you're insulated from this because you're around rich guys all the time. That ain't normal homeslice.

MARIS61, blue32 and Jade Falcon like this.
  9. bodyman5000 and 1

Went and finished the original post. I've been with my wife for 16 years in a couple of weeks and I made a conscious decision not to bring kids into this fucked up world. Do you even have a clue how many billions of people inhabit this planet?

Aly likes this.
  10. Cippy91

Not everybody but I don't know it seems a lot of people think the obamas are the gold standard. A lot of bad stuff that happens under every president. Doesn't mean they are bad people butthere haven't been any that I wanted to represent my country and I expect the trend to continue

11. Cippy91

it's bad. Over population to be honest. Look at China. It's insane.

12. bodyman5000 and 1

The air, holy shit. People can't fucking breathe there without hepa filters or some shit. They can't all afford them even tough they probably make them all.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  13. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I am look forward to some very good years. Good time to be an American. Join me, you are welcome to share in the prospects.

Aly and Jade Falcon like this.
  14. Cippy91

Well I am hoping that the younger people as well as others start sharing the same views as you do because from what I see society is filled with hate and anger over a lot of nothing. People will find the smallest things to get angry about when really it's meaningless

MarAzul likes this.
  15. Cippy91

Another thing that's pretty sad over there. Males are more valued than females in that society. Since there is a limit of children you can have over there, stories of baby daughters getting killed and one not, it's so insane over there.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  16. bodyman5000 and 1

Feel bad for the guys if you have to be the best looking guy with the most money if you want a girlfriend.

17. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Just to piss you off.

I absolutely despised Obama. To me, he was everything that represented elitism. Way too busy worried about being popular, and not about being an objective leader and running this country. He snubbed his nose at everyone who wasn't connected to Hollywood or a big-city Democrat, and he spoke to the people with a condescending air and arrogance unrivaled by any other president in the modern times.

Trump isn't perfect, and you'll never hear me say so. There are many things that I disagree with him about, as I explained in the "Biden Medal Of Freedom" thread on page 2.

But if he pisses off elitist Liberals, then that makes me happy. There's only so many years that you can scorn average Americans and middle America before they vote for Trump out of spite. Which was probably 60% of the reason I voted for him.

In as far as grabbing pussy, I give a fuck all what he says in a private conversation. He's a guy, and every guy on this planet has said something at some point about a woman; just like every woman talks to her girl friends at some point about the hot guy at the party/work/pool/beach/club/whatever.

Hell, I even told my father in private what a nice set of tits the waitress has at our 9er Club. He responded "did you see the ass on her?! Jesus!" And he's been married for 36 years.

Saying something between friends or family in private is far different than conducting yourself in public. When he reaches out and grabs a woman by the pussy on stage somewhere, or during a press conference...then you can get back to me about it.

Until then, I'm hardly going to lose sleep about it, and neither should you.

18. THE HCP

You don't have a daughter do you? I'm the complete opposite, you can delete and hide as many emails as you like, but you can't grab my wife or daughter in the pussy.

illmatic99, Chris Craig and riverman like this.
  19. THE HCP

I was a Military Policeman in the Army for 6 years.

riverman, blue32, Jade Falcon and 2 others like this.
  20. THE HCP

I think one way I look at it, I would let Barack Obama speak for me, would you guys let Donald Trump speak for you? I believe I have a lot of the same beliefs and opinions as Barack Obama, do you have a lot of the same beliefs and opinions as Donald Trump? I believe Barack Obama could sit in our living room with my daughter my wife and my mom and I can leave the room and feel comfortable, curious if you guys feel the same way about Donald Trump?