Shaq disses Kobe bigtime and didn't even have to say his name...

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by Accord, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Accord

Accord JBB JustBBall Member

In the Shaq press conference today welcoming him to the Heat he was asked about playing with Dwyane Wade and he said "I've never played with a guard as great and talented as D-Wade" haha.

2. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

LMAO Good job shaq daddy

3. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

Hahahah! Good one!

4. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

Haha...sounds like he's still trying to start trouble, even when he's not on the team anymore. What a baby...I can't wait until he breaks his toe again. I feel sorry for Wade...now his career is going to be ruined by an overweight, disrespectful loser.

5. hagrid

hagrid JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">an overweight, disrespectful loser.</div>

Question: While he was obviously overweight and disrespectful, was he still a loser when he was still on the Lakers? [​IMG]

6. InNETSweTrust

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">now his career is going to be ruined by an overweight, disrespectful loser.</div>

Well Kobe played with him and got multiple rings. I wouldn't call his career ruined. Wade would gladly give way to the Diesel.

7. HoopsAvenue

HoopsAvenue JBB JustBBall Member

Man, that just ain't right. It's funny...when Kobe became a free agent, I was hoping he'd go to Houston to play with Yao and I thought it would be hilarious if he said "I've always wanted to play with a dominant big man."

That's a real low blow on Shaq's part. I hope Kobe dunks on him.

8. InNETSweTrust

Well Kobe had the guts to have a word war with Diesel. He should know better by now.

9. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting hagrid:</div><div class="quote_post">Question: While he was obviously overweight and disrespectful, was he still a loser when he was still on the Lakers? [​IMG]</div>

Actually, yes. I never liked Shaq...I stopped liking him after he was traded to the Lakers, and Kobe was benched his rookie year. It seemed to me like he had some type of pull, and he didn't want a rookie to take over his spotlight. Obviously, it wasn't because Kobe wasn't developed yet, because he scored 31 in the Rookie game (more than Iverson, who won ROY). Plus, he has NO skills outside of 10 feet from the basket. If eating can pay me $30 million a year, I'd be on top of it too. Just because he's huge, and there are no "Wilt-like" centers in the league to stop him anymore, he's supposedly the best in the NBA. Put Shaq by the free throw line...he can't shoot, can't dribble, can't defend, has no court awareness when his back is away from the rim, and he's just trash. He whines about getting fouled, when everyone knows it doesn't bother him one bit...he's an actor. I wish I could stand in his face and tell him how I felt, but I'm only 6'2" and he outweighs me by 150-200 lbs...too bad his career is almost done.

10. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting InNETSweTrust:</div><div class="quote_post">Well Kobe played with him and got multiple rings. I wouldn't call his career ruined. Wade would gladly give way to the Diesel.</div>

Yeah, true...except that Shaq is a different man than he was three to five years ago. If Kobe and Shaq couldn't win the championship for the past two years, there's no way that Shaq and Wade can do it. Maybe getting to the Eastern Conference Finals is a possibility, but they have the Pistons to deal with, and if they happen to be lucky enough to beat them, they won't beat the West champs, whoever it may be.

11. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

Never say Never.
    If winning championship means ruining career, I would love for wade to ruin his.

12. InNETSweTrust

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">Plus, he has NO skills outside of 10 feet from the basket.</div>

Well the thing is, it's virtually impossible to push him out of his comfort zone.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">If eating can pay me $30 million a year, I'd be on top of it too.</div>

Eating? You should also be a dominating, dunking, drop-stepping monster. Also, you should also be quotable and marketable as shown by this interview.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">Put Shaq by the free throw line...</div>

After so many failed attempts, it became obvious that Hack A Shaq isn't effective.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">he can't shoot, can't dribble, can't defend, has no court awareness when his back is away from the rim, and he's just trash</div>

He doesn't have to shoot away from his comfort zone. You tell me, would you want your 7 foot monster shooting J's instead of banging inside? Would you want him doing dribbling (although he made a sweet crossover dribble on Bradley)? He can defend. He's just lazy at it. But still, having him on the court gives slashers the shivers.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">He whines about getting fouled, when everyone knows it doesn't bother him one bit...he's an actor.</div>

Well it all comes part of the job.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">I wish I could stand in his face and tell him how I felt, but I'm only 6'2" and he outweighs me by 150-200 lbs</div>

Unless your name is Charles Barkley, don't even try. [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">too bad his career is almost done.</div>

He has a long term contract. He has 3 good years left in him. After that 3 years, he'll still be productive.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, true...except that Shaq is a different man than he was three to five years ago. If Kobe and Shaq couldn't win the championship for the past two years, there's no way that Shaq and Wade can do it.</div>

It wasn't SHaq's fault that they didn't win. It was a total "team effort" that they lost.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">Maybe getting to the Eastern Conference Finals is a possibility, but they have the Pistons to deal with, and if they happen to be lucky enough to beat them, they won't beat the West champs, whoever it may be.</div>

I heard this the East won't beat the West last season. Now we know better.

13. Ice

Ice JBB Member

[​IMG]

I'm starting to like Shaq now!

He was cracking a bunch of jokes during the press conference, good stuff.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">At a news conference inside the arena that followed, O'Neal said he enjoyed his arrival.

"I told my wife when I was rolling up, I felt like the president," he said. O'Neal then hummed "Hail to the Chief."

After differences with Kobe Bryant and Lakers management led to the trade, O'Neal said he appreciates the way he has been embraced by the city of Miami.

"That has nothing to do with basketball," he said. "That's just because I'm sexy."</div>
    http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...rts/9198991.htm

14. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting WadeDynasty:</div><div class="quote_post">Never say Never.
    If winning championship means ruining career, I would love for wade to ruin his.</div>

So you would seriously love to see Dwyane Wade win a ring and become a BJ Armstrong clone right after Shaq retires, just for the cost of one ring? Reggie Miller is still Reggie Miller, and he hasn't won a ring...but he's had a successful career, and his name isn't ruined by not winning. Charles Barkley is one of the best ever, but he never won a ring. Sometimes, winning a championship isn't as important as being a great player and leading your team to hard-fought victories (or hard-fought losses). In the end, it should pay off...ask the Pistons. I really didn't know who was going to win the Finals MVP this year, because all 5 starters deserved it...but with the Heat, it'll be Shaq if they want a ring...just like the Lakers and Kobe had to lay down for him, also. Kobe survived, because the ball HAD to be distributed to him in the triangle...but with Wade, he will be expected to hand the role over to Shaq because he is young, just like Kobe did for a few years.

15. jbbReal Deal

Well, for me, I'm glad he's gone. He's still going to dominate the paint, no doubt...but I don't think it'll be fair for a young, potential star like Wade to hand over the team he's already so close to calling his own. What happens after Shaq becomes "old" and unable to play like he has in the past years? Here's the result...he becomes an Hakeem Olajuwon, or a Patrick Ewing...guys that were incredible, but get traded (Raptors and Sonics, respectively) and have no chance of achieving anything else in their careers, just proving that they can still run up and down the court for merely 20 minutes a game, which eventually catches up to the team that signed or traded for these guys in the first place. Shaq has 3 good years in him? Well, if that's true...so does the Heat, which is sad, because if Dwyane Wade isn't Michael Jordan...the Heat will be like the Sixers and Magic in the long run.

16. SHORTYgotGAME

SHORTYgotGAME JBB JustBBall Member

*shakes head* Are you kidding me? Does Shaq suppose he won those rings all by himself? Please. I love the big guy, but things he says can sound really arrogant.

17. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

He said other things too:

"Remember this - I'm going to bring a championship to Miami," O'Neal said. "I promise."

What are your takes on this? I don't think he will.

18. McGrady^1

McGrady^1 JBB JustBBall Member

^ he said that? i watched the conference thing. and i don't recall him saying that.

19. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post"> loser.</div>
    3 finals mvp wards, last year all star mvp, nba mvp, and lakers center peace for 8 years I believe loser? Check the stats he was anything, but say anything you want about kobe how great he is or he is the next MJ or w/e without shaq none of those championships would have been possible. He got them there with his drive and determination just because he aint a loser any more and doesnt like the guy that got him traded and his favorite coach to not return. Doesnt make him a loser.

20. Accord

Accord JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">but I don't think it'll be fair for a young, potential star like Wade to hand over the team he's already so close to calling his own.</div>

Shaq made it very clear in the press conference that it was Dwyane Wade's team. He said "I know all the media will want to know who's team this is blah blah blah well i'm making it clear right here and now that this is D-Wade's team, he is the point guard and he runs the offense and i'm just his big brother and Eddie is his medium sized brother". Also, Dwyane said a few days ago in an interview that this was Shaq's team, so if there are any arguments it will be Shaq saying it's Dwyanes team and Dwyane saying it's Shaq's team, lol. There is no animosity and Dwyane is very easy going, he isn't a selfish control freak like Kobe is, Dwyane just rolls with the flow.

For those of you wanting to discuss the press conference, go to this thread: http://www.justbball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21882