SHAQ: "Dwyane Wade will be the best guard of all time"

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by Accord, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Accord

Accord JBB JustBBall Member

SHAQ: "Dwyane Wade will be the best guard of all time"

In an interview with Shaq on 'Heat Tonight' (Heat pre-game show) he was asked about Dwyane and he said that Wade "will be the greatest guard of all time."

...I hope you're right, Shaq [​IMG].

2. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

There goes Shaq saying stuff, again. Dwyane Wade will be good, infact great, hell in his prime he'll be straight nasty but saying he'll be the best gaurd of alltime isnt right. Michael Jordan, Jerry West, Oscar Robertson, and Scottie Pippen were some of the greatest player's to grace the game and saying that Dwyane will surpass ALL of them isnt right. He'll go far and be a Hall of Famer but I dont think he'll be the best of All-Time but I sure hope Shaq is right... I alway's end up eating my words hopefully it happens this time as well.

3. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

I think Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Jerry West, Bob Cousy, Oscar Robertson, Pete Maravich, John Havlicek, George Gervin, John Stockton, and Isiah Thomas all have something to say about this...and I'm not even listing everyone.

4. og15

og15 JBB *********

Shaq say's a lot of things...

5. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

lol sometimes I think he says these things JUST to piss Kobe off [​IMG]

Dwyane Wadr will be good, and I mean GOOD, but just not MJ and MAgic good.

6. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Remember when he was with the Lakers and said Kobe is the best player in the league the scary part is he doesnt think he is. Shaq says stuff all the time I am a Shaq fan, but I stopped taking anything he ever said seriosuly after he said " Wade is the best guard I ever played with". Now a days everything he says is a shot at Kobe.

7. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ace2k2:</div><div class="quote_post">lol sometimes I think he says these things JUST to piss Kobe off [​IMG]

Dwyane Wadr will be good, and I mean GOOD, but just not MJ and MAgic good.</div>

Thank you. Yeah, like Wade will be better than the Pistol, MJ, Magic, Oscar Robinson, or Isiah, or Reggie Miller. Wade is good, but not unstoppable good.

8. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

I agree that wade will be great and most likely a future hall of famer, but i think you guys are judging wade too quickly to say that he wont be better than the likes of reggie miller or isiah thomas etc. He is only in his 2nd year, so he definately has a long time to improve his game.

9. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NaKz:</div><div class="quote_post">I agree that wade will be great and most likely a future hall of famer, but i think you guys are judging wade too quickly to say that he wont be better than the likes of reggie miller or isiah thomas etc. He is only in his 2nd year, so he definately has a long time to improve his game.</div>

Seriously, what are the chances he will have Miller's 3? Or Isiah's D?

10. OGmAXiFY

OGmAXiFY JBB JustBBall Member

Do I believe he will be the greatest of all-time, no. Will he be ONE of the greatest? hell yea, come on this guy is not even in his prime and he's still among one the better players in the league...I dont care what anyone says...he will be among the elite.

11. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">I think Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Jerry West, Bob Cousy, Oscar Robertson, Pete Maravich, John Havlicek, George Gervin, John Stockton, and Isiah Thomas all have something to say about this...and I'm not even listing everyone.</div>
    Out of the people I mentioned above, Wade's name will not be mentioned in them.

And I'll add to that list LeBron, Kobe, and Kidd...before Dwyane's name comes up.

12. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

yea right. better than jordan, stockton, (magic) johnson. thats just impossible. shaq got to think about the things he says before saying. next thing he will say is artest doesnt need anger mangement programs. what a joke

13. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

^He's either saying them to piss off Kobe, or he's doing it to encourage Flash

14. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Air Pietrus:</div><div class="quote_post">^He's either saying them to piss off Kobe, or he's doing it to encourage Flash</div>
    Or he really believes it. [​IMG]

15. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Didn't Shaq say something similar about Kobe when he was a Laker? He's just trying to give the media something to chew on. Let's not read too much into it.

I do think when Wade's career is over, he'll be better a top 25 player, all-time, and probably a top-10 guard all time. He'll have a tough time being greater than Jordan, Magic, Oscar, and West, but I can definitely see him surpassing the rest.

16. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

reminds me of what he said about Kobe a couple years ago.

17. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

I really am curious if Shaq is also gonna say, "Dwyane Wade is my idol"... dang!

18. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Air Pietrus:</div><div class="quote_post">Seriously, what are the chances he will have Miller's 3? Or Isiah's D?</div>

Well he might not ever have Miller's 3 or Isiah's D, but that doesnt mean he cant be better than them. For example Jordan is better than Miller, but he cant shoot a 3 anywhere like Miller can.
    I'm not saying Wade is gonna be better than them all or even up there with the greats, but i do think we need to give him time before we place any judgement like what shaq said. I dont believe what shaq said is valid, merely bcoz its just too early imo. I'm a big Wade fan as well so yer i do hope shaq is somewhat right.

19. AA13

AA13 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ace2k2:</div><div class="quote_post">lol sometimes I think he says these things JUST to piss Kobe off [​IMG] </div>

I was thinking the exact same thing. [​IMG] Wade will be a great guard, at the end of his career I think he will be good enough to make the top 10 or 15. But he won't be as good as Magic, Maravich, Robertson or Jordan.

20. Mr.Wade

Mr.Wade JBB The Canadian Dream

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">Out of the people I mentioned above, Wade's name will not be mentioned in them.

And I'll add to that list LeBron, Kobe, and Kidd...before Dwyane's name comes up.</div>

So you wont add Wade's name althoguh he's doing just as good as Lebron this year. Doing better than Kidd's best year, and better than Kobe this year, shooting 10% better than Kobe... Makes sense..