'Shard drops 50, Sonics start 2-0

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Sir Desmond, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Seattle Sonics 124

LA Clippers 105

Saitama Super Arena, Tokyo, Japan

Rashard Lewis sure loves Japan, and he gave the Clippers a Halloween scare for good measure. Lewis followed up his 25 points on Thursday night to double that total in a 19 point whitewash of the Brand-less Clippers. Shooting 18-25 from the floor (4-7 from downtown), Lewis also added 8 rebounds, 4 assists, a block and no turnovers in 37 minutes in what was a career best performance, also making him the first player to reach 50 this season in only the first week.

Seattle relied on a team effort again, even though Lewis was obviously the main destroyer. Ronald Murray again impressed, following up his 24 points on Thursday with 22 points, 5 rebounds and 7 assists and prompting many to ask "Ray who?!"
    Brent Barry continued his strong play with 14 points and 7 assists, whilst Vladimir Radmanovic posted 11 and 7. reggie Evans also took advantage of Brand's absence with 9 and 9, while rookie Luke Ridnour again impressed with 10 points, 6 assists and a steal in 23 minutes.

Seattle outscored LA in every quarter, scoring at least 30 in three quarters and 27 in the third. Lewis opened the game hot with 15 first quarter points, and followed that with 11, 12 and 12 in the remaining three, to become to first Sonic to reach 50 since Dale Ellis scored 53 in 1988. He eclipsed his previous career high of 37 with a free throw late in the third from a technical to Clipper's caoch Mike Dunleavy.

Boxscore: http://www.nba.com/games/20031031/SEALAC/boxscore.html

Next game: 11/7/03 - Portland at Key Arena

2. SilverStunner

SilverStunner JBB JustBBall Member

one word comes to mind........DAMN!

3. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

I give some applausin for that....[​IMG] I wonder if he's gonna do the same for next game (at home here in WA)!

4. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

I knew Shard was going to explode this year. he will be a all-star this year with ray ray out for 6 weeks.

5. Quyen

*don't remind me---wait u already did...lolz*

yeah, Shards definetely going to make it on All-Star!!!!

6. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Always had All-star talent, good to see him finally being aggressive and living up to it. And to think every team passed on him in the first round!

7. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-MAC:</div><div class="quote_post">I knew Shard was going to explode this year. he will be a all-star this year with ray ray out for 6 weeks.</div>

ray who? hahaha

darn...nice numbers!

8. Quyen

ayee don't diss on Ray...lolz. [​IMG] but yeah! Lewis kicks ass...