Bogus! Share your traumatic experiences

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by theprunetang, Oct 3, 2021.

1. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

We have all been alive on this planet for a long time. We all have trauma. This is your space to share it, if you are ready. I have my own I will share at some point, when I feel comfortable enough to do so. It's also a doozy, so I don't want to prematurely hijack the thread.

This is your space to share the shitty trauma you have been through. We can share it together.

2. riverman

riverman Writing Team

My friend of 10 years or so in Taiwan was from Hawaii, a surfer and we played tennis together over the years and played some guitar together on occassion...I was picking him up to go play tennis and heard running water and a loud stereo going in his place...he didn't answer the door so I kicked it in and found him in his bathroom dead with a needle in his arm and the bathtub flooding the floor he fell on...had been dead a couple days...it was the day of my wife's first art opening and it shook me up...I'd seen dead people before but this guy I knew and he was bloated from the flooding tub and covered in flies....his father came over to claim the body and gave me his electric guitar which I still have....we got the Taiwanese coast guard to take his ashes and surfboard out in the ocean and strapped the urn to the board and launched it into the Japanes current...he's the only surfer I ever met living in Taiwan....that was a traumatic day in my life....may he rest in peace...heroin was his drug of choice and he hid it until his death...he always wanted his guitar to be played at a gig and I did that for him....he loved JJ Cale and knew one song he played over and over....

3. theprunetang

That is rough. Seeing a dead body, and someone you know, is a feeling that will never leave you. It just changes you. Thank you for sharing. I can't even imagine what you want through emotionally.

riverman likes this.
  4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

It really shook me up and I think of him every time I play that guitar....I've gone from that horrible day to remembering his humor and better memories now but it stuck with me for a long time after the fact...the guy had a beautiful girlfriend, great job and lots of hobbies...I didn't see the addiction through it all...functional closet junkie I guess.

5. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

In college, volunteered for special games, kind of a knock off of the special Olympics. My athlete was an older person with various disabilities. Anyway, I took him to the restroom for a bathroom break, he was taking a while so I checked in to make sure everything was OK, and he started chasing me around with an erection.

6. theprunetang

That's weird as hell. And not a fun experience. Fuck.

EL PRESIDENTE likes this.
  7. theprunetang

My experience, and I have been trying to get over this for YEARS, is my dad trying to murder me and stuff my dead body down the garbage disposal. It is a long story and will share when I can. Have I experienced other trauma since? Yes. Has anything touched me in the same way? No.

8. EL PRESIDENTE

One of my college suitemates (2 bedroom apartment on campus, he was in the other room) claimed to have been raped by a guy.

He was in the closet (figuratively) at that time, but we had a big party in our apartment. After everyone left there was a random guy just hanging in the living room. I just went to bed. The next day the police were over and said my suitemate said he was raped by that guy in the bathroom while me and my roommate were sleeping in our room. It was trippy. My suitemate left school, I don't know what happened, but we reconnected at an alumni BBQ a few years later, never brought it up again. Made the college newspaper, etc.

9. EL PRESIDENTE

I reported it too immediately, and the supervisors (students) didn't know what to do so they just pretended it never happened.

10. theprunetang

When I was still going to Community College, I was still living at home. My Parents all but asked for it, saying I could live there rent free while working random jobs to pay for school. They weren't wrong. I was able to pay for my Associates degree through random jobs with no debt. But, something happened with my father. His mental health changed.

I came home from a late shift at Dell computers, went to open the door, and my mom, who is a demure and kindly person, pushed me out of the front porch and into the grass. She told me I am NOT allowed in the house. Apparently my father had snapped and came up with a plan to slit my throat with a knife and then cut my body into pieces and hide the evidence down the garbage disposal.

My mom saved my life that night. To this day, my father has never apologized for this, and continues to act like it never happened. But my life was forever changed.

stampedehero and Road Ratt like this.
  11. EL PRESIDENTE

Wtf.

What mental condition would this be? Ever look into it. It's crazy, sometimes with these conditions there's nothing you can do and you have to write them (the mentally ill person) off.

12. theprunetang

As far as I know, Bipolar II. I have stayed very far away from my family after all of this. And yes, sometimes you do have to write them off. My dad is dead to me. I won't tell him I love him, will never give him a hug, will never talk on the phone even. It's done.

13. EL PRESIDENTE

Yup, I'm dealing with someone with Bipolar II, and I could add chapters to this thread, but it's currently ongoing.

Restraining orders, 5150s, lawsuits, the whole shebang.

14. theprunetang

I fucking hate it. I'm forever changed by this. And now one of my sisters is going through the same thing right now. I can't even be there for her because it fucks me up too much.

riverman and EL PRESIDENTE like this.
  15. EL PRESIDENTE

Unfortunately, I think a civil commitment is often the best option in these situations, because they get off their meds and go psycho and won't stop.

16. theprunetang

And she is probably going to kill someone. Either one of my parents or one of her kids. Shit is fucked. And I can't even intervene because I am so fucked from my dad trying to murder me

17. theprunetang

She is old enough that we can't involuntarily get her to safety. I have looked at every option, and can't make it happen. She will kill someone at some point though, and I can't do anything about it.

18. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Very touching story.

19. Lanny

From the sadness of riverman's story to the uproarious laughter of your story.

riverman and EL PRESIDENTE like this.
  20. Lanny

OMG, Now that's traumatic.