Sharks hire Todd McLellan

Discussion in 'WEST: Pacific Division' started by Universe, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>San Jose Mercury News - The Sharks will introduce Detroit Red Wings' Assistant Coach Todd McLellan as their next coach at a Thursday morning news conference.

The Sharks issued a front office advisory setting up the 11 a.m. media gathering but did not initially identify General Manager Doug Wilson's choice. Confirmed reports in Detroit, however, said McLellan will get a three-year contract as Ron Wilson's successor, and later the Sharks acknowledged it was McLellan.

"It's a very good feeling," McLellan said in a statement released by the team. "From the first moment Doug called to the moment he offered the job, I felt comfortable. I think the Sharks have done a tremendous job. You don't get that close to 50 wins for a number of years in a row without a lot of talent. It's a matter of getting over the hump. There are some real parallels between the Wings and the Sharks."</div>

http://hockey.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ext_head_coach/

2. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I like the idea of hiring someone young who's proven himself at the assistant coach level. Too often, teams feel the need to go emphasize experience and it just ends up in a bunch of washed up re-treads.