Shiek, Casual, Shard, psheehy, Odde, d00d, Big Game James etc

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Sir Desmond, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

I miss our forum when we were a playoff team.

2. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

I miss the forum being at a different url. The team stinks and it seems as if that Sam Presti has done more to kill any enthusiasm about the Sonics than anyone else -- including Clay Bennett.

I still watch the games but it is hard for me to get excited watching a rebuilding team with not much to build upon. There are only 3 players with any long term future in Seattle (Durant, Green, Collison)...and there is no guarantee that any of them will ever see an All-Star game. I am not convinced that Durant is as good as he is made out to be...simply because he hasn't shown me that he has the grit to do whatever is necessary to win. I saw that from Melo and Wade as rookies - as well as Kobe and others who weren't giving the green lights from their teams from Day One.

It is early but the draft class of 2007 may go down as one of the most overrated in league's history.

3. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

Patiences. I've been a Hawks fan through and thick in thin, and all I have to say it patiences.

4. tradebark

tradebark JBB JustBBall Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Iron Shiek @ Feb 3 2008, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I miss the forum being at a different url. The team stinks and it seems as if that Sam Presti has done more to kill any enthusiasm about the Sonics than anyone else -- including Clay Bennett.

I still watch the games but it is hard for me to get excited watching a rebuilding team with not much to build upon. There are only 3 players with any long term future in Seattle...and there is no guarantee that any of them will ever see an All-Star game. I am not convinced that Durant is as good as he is made out to be...simply because he hasn't shown me that he has the grit to do whatever is necessary to win. I saw that from Melo and Wade as rookies - as well as Kobe and others who weren't giving the green lights from their teams from Day One.

It is early but the draft class of 2007 may go down as one of the most overrated in league's history.</div>

I think Durant's nba-readiness was definitely overrated. He has the size and skill to be a very good player, but doesnt have nearly the strength for it yet. After a couple summers of putting on some time in the weight room I do think he'll be a force..

But I also agree.. Sonics are basically unwatchable at the moment

5. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

hey if the can get O.J Mayo. Mayo and Durant, that be something worth watching

6. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Iron Shiek @ Feb 3 2008, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I miss the forum being at a different url. The team stinks and it seems as if that Sam Presti has done more to kill any enthusiasm about the Sonics than anyone else -- including Clay Bennett.</div>

It's horrible, isn't it? I'm not sure Dwayne Casey could have done anything more with the pieces, but I still wish he'd been given the opportunity. I have nothing against PJ but everything is all over the place; rotations, plays, chemistry. Everything.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I still watch the games but it is hard for me to get excited watching a rebuilding team with not much to build upon. There are only 3 players with any long term future in Seattle (Durant, Green, Collison)...and there is no guarantee that any of them will ever see an All-Star game. I am not convinced that Durant is as good as he is made out to be...simply because he hasn't shown me that he has the grit to do whatever is necessary to win. I saw that from Melo and Wade as rookies - as well as Kobe and others who weren't giving the green lights from their teams from Day One.</div>

Melo and Wade came in to better teams and were more NBA ready physically anyway. Melo had just come off a National Championship and Wade went to the Final Four with Marquette. Durant is a skinny kid who walked onto a team that had just lost it's two best (and realistically, only) offensive weapons. He has a much more laid back demeanour too than the guys you mentioned -I don't think that necessarily means he cares any less, he's still hit a lot of big shots this season in a crap team.

I love Jeff Green's attitude too - once he gets a consistent jumper and some experience he'll be a terrific pro. And I still think Nick is worth the pick we used on him. As for the guy who went two spots later, maybe not.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>It is early but the draft class of 2007 may go down as one of the most overrated in league's history.</div>

A bit premature to say that given the best player in the draft is out for the season. Give it a few years, as a lot of raw players were taken.

And I hate this bloody website.

7. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (o.iatlhawksfan @ Feb 4 2008, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Patiences. I've been a Hawks fan through and thick in thin, and all I have to say it patiences.</div>

Nah it's not the success, I just miss the bond we had that season. Plenty of activity and good discussion, plus also RiverspoonJones' wisdom.

I think I'd prefer Derrick Rose too, from what I've seen. He could easily be another Chris Paul/Deron Williams.

8. Shard

Shard Hi2u

It's a combination of things, really. The Sonics are terrible right now, but there is alot of potential success in the future with this team. The thing that really turns me off is that prick Clay Bennett and how we're pretty much watching our Sonics hobble around and slowly fade away like a cancer patient. It's sad and disheartening.

So yea pretty much the Sonics' internet discussion is dead. It was fun in the old days but this is what it has become. Wanna be Blazers fans? Brandon Roy is good.

9. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

my friends were joking that we should become Portland Trailblazer fans because we're losing the Sonics to Oklahoma.

10. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

I miss when we used to have a new post on every game and our excitement about it.

11. psheehy

psheehy Beaten down by the "MAN"

It has been so long since I logged in, the system treated me like I didn't have an account. It made me log in three times before it would believe I was me.

It got sad here with only four or five posters. I have gone back to SonicsCentral where life has really picked back up.

Of course, I almost never post there either.

NBA basketball is becoming a painful experience for me.

At least March Madness is here to keep me sane.