Shocker: Alistair Overeem fails random drug test, fight with Dos Santos in jeopardy

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, Apr 4, 2012.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sport...er Overeem fails drug test/6411908/story.html

[​IMG]

2. speeds

Re: Shocker: Alistair Overeem fails random drug test, fight with Dos Santos in jeopar

Odds...

+500 yeah we did it, sorry everybody
    +100 complete denial
    -150 we question the results, will get to the bottom of this immediately
    -250 deny now, tainted supplements later
    -500 my trainer slipped me something without my knowledge
    -1000 tainted horse meat from Kentucky

3. speeds

Re: Shocker: Alistair Overeem fails random drug test, fight with Dos Santos in jeopar

If the fight is off, who would you rather see JDS face?

Mir
    Silva
    Velasquez
    Hunt
    Struve
    Gonzaga
    del Rosario

4. speeds

Frank Mir has jumped up and asked for the fight. DFW seems to love Franky but I think Velasquez gets asked first.

5. ktrulez

ktrulez blessed era

I'd like to see a rematch with Cain.

6. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

JDS wil KO Mir in about 20 seconds. If Nog put him on queer street, Carwin KO'd him, and Brock turned his face into hamburger...JDS is going to fucking decapitate Mir. Honestly, I'd rather see Hendo step up and fight JDS than Mir. I think Cain should get the fight instead, but you honestly can't argue with Mir getting it. I just don't think he's got any shot.

As for the Reem. Is anybody even remotely shocked? There can't be anyone who thought that he legitimately added the muscle, can there? Not shocked at all and honestly, I don't know why the hell Dana is upset. He's an idiot if he thought Reem was clean. He knew the bed he was making and he slept in it. A risky gamble that bit him in the ass. I don't think Reem deserves to be in the UFC, honestly.

We'll see how this plays out. Right now there are rumors that the fights have already been altered in case Reem isn't allowed to fight..the new match ups would be Mir/JDS, Cain/Silva, and Big Country/Mitrione.

7. speeds

It's true that on paper Mir hardly stands a chance against JDS. The match to make is Velasquez or, failing that, Hunt. I know Hunt hasn't necessarily worked himself into the top five but the guy would guarantee a good scrap.

8. speeds

9. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Agree with Mamba, DFW can't even feign an ounce of anger about Reem testing positive. Anyone with half a brain knew something wasn't right there and I'm sure he's heard whispers himself being a foremost member of the sport.

Mir and Hunt both have 3 wins in a row, Cain could warrant a re-match just based on his past. As mentioned, Mir seems like a really bad matchup but its a toss up as to who they plug in there.

10. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Hendo is an interesting idea but its hard to see him winning against JDS. JDS is 6'4 and would have 35+ lbs on Hendo. Old, slow, 5'11 Fedor doesn't compare to JDS right now.

Plus Hendo was just assured the next shot at Jones or A. Silva, fighting JDS would set him back if he were to lose.

Some other outside-the-box ideas could be Machida or Rampage. They're both in 205 lb purgatory having lost to JJ as well as losing some other big fights recently. I assume Rampage is way out of shape but at least he wouldn't have to worry about making 205 lbs. Hes winding down his career and could get excited for a title shot with a guy who will stand and trade with him- not to mention another big payday. I'm guessing Lyoto is a training partner of JDS', but if hes not that could be an interesting fight, he really should be looking at dropping to 185 though, not taking random HW fights.

11. speeds

12. speeds

For the record, Chael's testosterone ratio (17:1) was much higher than Ubereem's (14:1).