Shocking! Girl in Opening Ceremonies "Faked Singing"

Discussion in 'PyeongChang 2018' started by Hunter, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The girl in the red dress with the pigtails, called Lin Miaoke, 9, and from a Beijing primary school, has become a national sensation since Friday night, giving interviews to all the most popular newspapers.

But the show's musical designer felt forced to set the record straight. He gave an interview to Beijing radio saying the real singer was a seven-year-old girl who had won a gruelling competition to perform the anthem, a patriotic song called "Hymn to the Motherland".

At the last moment a member of the Chinese politburo who was watching a rehearsal pronounced that the winner, a girl called Yang Peiyi, might have a perfect voice but was unsuited to the lead role because of her buck teeth.

So, on the night, while a pre-recording of Yang Peiyi singing was played, Lin Miaoke, who has already featured in television advertisements, was seen but not heard.

"This was a last-minute question, a choice we had to make," the ceremony's musical designer, Chen Qigang, said. "Our rehearsals had already been vetted several times - they were all very strict. When we had the dress rehearsals, there were spectators from various divisions, including above all a member of the politburo who gave us his verdict: we had to make the swap."

Mr Chen's interview gave an extraordinary insight into the control exercised over the ceremony by the Games' political overseers, all to ensure the country was seen at its best.

Officials have already admitted that the pictures of giant firework footprints which marched across Beijing towards the stadium on Friday night were prerecorded, digitally enhanced and inserted into footage beamed across the world.

Mr Chen said the initial hopefuls to sing the anthem had been reduced to ten, and one, a ten-year-old, had originally been chosen for the quality of her voice. But she, too, had fallen by the wayside because she was not "cute" enough.

"We used her to sing in all the rehearsals," Mr Chen said. "But in the end the director thought her image was not the most appropriate, because she was a little too old. Regrettably, we had to let her go."

At that point Yang Peiyi stepped up to the plate.

"The main consideration was the national interest," he said. "The child on the screen should be flawless in image, in her internal feelings, and in her expression. In the matter of her voice, Yang Peiyi was flawless, in the unanimous opinion of all the members of the team."</div>

Link

2. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Apparently there were fake fireworks on the television broadcast and special effects to make it look better as well. Pretty crazy.

3. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

You stay classy, China.

4. NattaNerNuttaMan

NattaNerNuttaMan NattaNerNutta like Spike

Military
    Damn, that is so messed up. Nice message to send out....during a high profile time. You'd think it would say more if they let the original girl sing...would've made a stronger message

5. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    That's ****ing horrible.

6. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    I feel very bad for the "real" little girl. Hope she's ok.

7. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

I fault China big time; that's no class. The USA would have handled it properly, and not given the honor to an ugly girl in the first place (you know I'm right on this).

8. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMJigga @ Aug 12 2008, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I fault China big time; that's no class. The USA would have handled it properly, and not given the honor to an ugly girl in the first place (you know I'm right on this).</div>

Silky smooth as always. :]

But seriously, the poor girl just needs a dentist and she will be fine.

9. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

I know the girl is young and probably didn't comprehend what was happening, but if that was me, I wouldn't bother singing. Talk about disrespect. Oh boy, buck teeth, it's the end of the world!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Apparently there were fake fireworks on the television broadcast and special effects to make it look better as well. Pretty crazy.</div>

Yeah, I heard this somewhere, too.

10. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

What is the point of lying if you come clean just a few days later? I wonder if their athletes are actually chinese.

11. tim

tim Respect JPJ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jurassic @ Aug 12 2008, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I wonder if their athletes are actually chinese.</div>
    [​IMG]

12. isrus

isrus Go Devils

They also claim that everyone in their women's gymnastics team is 16 or over when alot of them look like they're 10 years old

13. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tim @ Aug 12 2008, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jurassic @ Aug 12 2008, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I wonder if their athletes are actually chinese.</div>
    [​IMG]
    </div>

lol, it's actually the Spaniards in disguise! I have photo evidence!

14. yinets1860

yinets1860 i love this game !

i saw this news on a newspaper,but i don‘t konw whether this is true......

15. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yinets1860 @ Aug 12 2008, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i saw this news on a newspaper,but i don‘t konw whether this is true......</div>

I've heard this on the major news channels so it is most likely true.

16. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

It is true and here are the pics.

[​IMG]
    Yang Peiyi (L) had the perfect voice, but Lin Miaoke had the perfect face

17. CelticKing

She wasn't that bad, what the hell were the Chinese thinking?

18. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing @ Aug 12 2008, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It is true and here are the pics.

[​IMG]
    Yang Peiyi (L) had the perfect voice, but Lin Miaoke had the perfect face</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing @ Aug 12 2008, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>She wasn't that bad, what the hell were the Chinese thinking?</div>

[​IMG]

19. CelticKing

Haha, not in that way. [​IMG]

20. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMJigga @ Aug 12 2008, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing @ Aug 12 2008, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It is true and here are the pics.

[​IMG]
    Yang Peiyi (L) had the perfect voice, but Lin Miaoke had the perfect face</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing @ Aug 12 2008, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>She wasn't that bad, what the hell were the Chinese thinking?</div>

[​IMG]
    </div>

Good call Jigga! [​IMG]

<div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5uZP98VfaJM&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5uZP98VfaJM&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div>

Call the Police too. :[