‘Shogun’ Recovery Faster Than Expected

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by truebluefan, Jul 10, 2010.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

FC light heavyweight champion Mauricio “Shogun” Rua in on track for an early 2010 return -- possibly at the promotion’s annual Superbowl weekend event in February -- after undergoing anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) surgery in his left knee on June 10 in Los Angeles.

UFC President Dana White told the media earlier this month that the newly crowned titleholder wouldn’t be expected back at least until March. Eduardo Alonso, Rua’s manager, said all signs point to the 28-year-old fighter accomplishing that and possibly doing White one better.

“Off the top of my head, I think of the Superbowl card in February, but this is something that could change depending on his recovery schedule and the UFC’s business schedule,” said Alonso. “But the way things are going right now, I can tell you that he’ll be ready sooner than expected.”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Shogun-Recovery-Faster-Than-Expected-25576

2. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

This is great news BUT the last thing we want to see is him come back too soon and be a shell of his former self, a-la Forrest Griffin fight a few years ago.

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Rashad is going to tool him. We saw it took him 2 fights last time to get back into shape.