Shopping Help

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by GrandpaBlaze, Oct 20, 2008.

1. GrandpaBlaze

GrandpaBlaze Predictions Game Master

It looks like I'll be coming through Portland on Thursday on my way to Seattle for a meeting. While I'm in the area, I'd like to pick up an Oregon State shirt or two along with a Blazers shirt or two. Any suggestions as to locations (preferably not too far off the 84/205/5 area. I'll be coming in 84 and, if the location is conducive, take 205 north toward Seattle; otherwise I'll go all the way to I-5 and then head north.

Any suggestions?

Also, depending on the time of day I'm there, I may stop for dinner someplace where I can watch the game; suggestions?

Thanks all.

Gramps...

2. AgentDrazenPetrovic

AgentDrazenPetrovic Anyone But the Lakers

Lloyd Center would probably be your best bet.

I think there's an OSU store downtown near 2nd?

3. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

If you're ever near a McCormick & Schmick's during happy hour, i highly recommend it. Unfortunately, most game times are not during happy hour. :(

4. GrandpaBlaze

I'm not a drinker; still recommend it? Don't know where they are though.

Gramps...

5. GrandpaBlaze

Any particular store there?

Do the Fred Meyers carry shirts for both teams? I just thought about Fred Meyer here in Boise and they have Boise State stuff (as does Wal-Mart). They are more prevalent and may be cheaper as well?

Gramps...

6. BrianFromWA

For 2.50 (the price of a coke, iirc), you get to eat from the happy hour menu. Really good burger and appetizer-esque food for 99C or 1.99. Bigger/fancier entrees are 2.99 or 3.99.

Me and Mrs. generally go there before or after the games...subtracting out the drinks I normally get us (8 or so each...I like Whiskey sours and she likes trying froo-froo stuff) it comes out to about 10 dollars for all the food we want to try to eat.

7. BrianFromWA

8. AgentDrazenPetrovic

You know, JC Penny has a lot of college stuff and its cheap. They also had blazers stuff, decent selection actually. This was in Washington Square though...I don't even think they have a store at Lloyd Center....maybe Clackamas Town Center might?

There's some All Pro Sports or Pro Image that has a bit of gear...maybe someone who lives closer can verify. In general, Lloyd Center has more sporting good type stores. I'm sure you can go to "Joe's" (used to be GI Joes)...they have a bunch, I think there's one on the way to Washington off I5.

1140 N Hayden Meadows Drive
    Portland , OR 97217

9. GrandpaBlaze

Very tempting. Do they broadcast the Blazer games? What time is happy hour?

Thanks.

Gramps...

10. GrandpaBlaze

Thanks, much appreciated.

Gramps...

11. AgentDrazenPetrovic

you know, Lloyd center doesn't actually look that great when i see their website. call just sports though: Phone: 503-282-2048

Clackamas might be good. i haven't been there in years though. JC Penny at least @ washington squared had some nice selections......at least when I was three.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  12. BlazerFanForLife

BlazerFanForLife Member

There is both a Beavers and Ducks store somewhere downtown close to the waterfront, try to do a search online for it, that is if you want some high quality merchandise or some odd stuff like flags ect, otherwise any sports store in the portland area should have what your looking for i know Joes has a good selection.

13. GrandpaBlaze

I'll probably do the Joe's thing. With all the Boise State shirts around Boise, I need to show a little of my favoritism. I like Boise State mind you and root for them but they are way behind OSU and the Blazers.

Gramps...

14. Reep

Reep Well-Known Member

I was just up in Vancouver and couldn't find any real Blazer stuff at JCPenney or Fred Meyer. One of the sports stores in Vancouver mall had about 50 blazer jerseys though--1 Aldridge and 49 Miles . . . at full price. I'm guessing they are going be holding on to those for a while.

15. ant

ant egg

Just an interesting aside...I met William McCormick this summer in Wellington (NZ), where he is the US ambassador to New Zealand. We were introduced to the Ministry of Research, Science & Technology and the Royal Society of NZ, and then we were taken over to the US embassy, where William McCormick gave us a short welcome talk (we were a group of visiting graduate students working on various NSF grants). I told him I was from Portland, and I asked him if he's still following the Blazers, and he got really excited and talked about what a great young group we have coming up. And that was even before the draft (Bayless & Batum!) and the Olympics (Rudy!).

16. timmay

timmay Member

FYI, I went to [GI] Joe's a year ago when I was in town, specifically to buy Blazers gear. I always knew them as the Blazers store when I lived up there. I actually went to the Delta Park store listed here.

Big disappointment. Much smaller selection than I expected.

Maybe choose one of the hat/sports stores at the mall for non-Blazers stuff (there's one or two at Clackamas Town Center, I'm sure Lloyd Center too). Then get your Blazer gear at a Blazer game, if possible. Their selection at the arena is the best I've seen, arguably better than online. I wish they'd open an everyday Blazers store at the Garden to pick up stuff.

EDIT: I just re-read and saw you're assumedly not going to a game. My bad. The mall sports stores have Blazers stuff as well. I also don't know either way how good Joe's non-Blazers stock is.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  17. Rodolfo

Rodolfo Double Stamp>Triple Stamp

Gramps...Hollywood Fred Meyer(NE 28th and Broadway) right off I84 in Portland...plenty of Gear in there.

18. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

You have already heard it but Joe's or Dick's should be well supplied . . . probably pay full price, but no tax.

Both stores frequently do coupons of 15% off. I had one in my desk for Dick's and was going to offer it, but it's expired (In August). It's your if you want to try and use it . . .

19. GrandpaBlaze

Thanks! Great to hear.

Gramps...

20. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

That's cool. I didn't even realize McCormick was an ambassador.
    Last time I was in Wellington the Queen was there too. And there was a ferry strike.

barfo