Should Houston Trade Yao Ming?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by bballer768484, Oct 17, 2005.

1. bballer768484

bballer768484 JBB JustBBall Member

I truly believe they should so Houston can succeed. Yao is a great player and all, but if they get rid of him it will give the main man Tracy Mcgrady more touches and more shots. So he doesn't have to worry about pleasing Yao and passing it in the post. Tracy will be able to take over games and be the leading scorer in the league again. He is by far the best player on the floor for Houston so why put some clamps on his game by making him give Yao touches. Let Tracy Roam Free!

2. shootingmachine

shootingmachine JBB JustBBall Member

Who would they trade him for? The only way I would trade Yao was if I could trade him for Amare.

3. Brasco

Brasco JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bballer768484:</div><div class="quote_post">I truly believe they should so Houston can succeed. Yao is a great player and all, but if they get rid of him it will give the main man Tracy Mcgrady more touches and more shots. So he doesn't have to worry about pleasing Yao and passing it in the post. Tracy will be able to take over games and be the leading scorer in the league again. He is by far the best player on the floor for Houston so why put some clamps on his game by making him give Yao touches. Let Tracy Roam Free!</div>

looks like someone is lacking attention...because obviously your just making this post to get people angree, because your statement makes no sense. I guess u didn't start watching basketball untill last season because u would of known how the magic did when tracy was the only one scoring.[​IMG]

4. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

Haha..........You must of wanted some attention. Well you'll get your little 15 minutes after this one...................[​IMG]

5. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Why let Tracy roam free when his track record has proven that he can't win by himself?

I don't even know if I should look at this thread seriously at all. "Get rid of" Yao? Like he's holding us back. Haha!!! [​IMG]

6. chineseafro

chineseafro JBB JustBBall Member

You know why Tracy gets the shots and points that he gets? Or that Jon Barry, David Wesley, Mike James, and Bobby Sura had free roam around the 3 point line last year? It's because of Yao. He demands a double team in the low post, and if he doesn't get it, well that's an easy bucket. For McGrady that also forces smaller players to guard him, or the opposing team to run a big lineup that allowed Bobby Sura, McGrady, Jon Barry, and Wesley to run and gun. In addition to that, how many times did Yao set up the 3 ball?

Before you start bashing a player, at least watch a game and focus on how he changes it.

7. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

8. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bballer768484:</div><div class="quote_post">I truly believe they should so Houston can succeed. Yao is a great player and all, but if they get rid of him it will give the main man Tracy Mcgrady more touches and more shots. So he doesn't have to worry about pleasing Yao and passing it in the post. Tracy will be able to take over games and be the leading scorer in the league again. He is by far the best player on the floor for Houston so why put some clamps on his game by making him give Yao touches. Let Tracy Roam Free!</div>

I guess it's true lol. Only kids 14 and younger have Lebron James as there favorite player!

Seriously kid, T-Mac was 1W-19L in Orlando and I think he finished the season 21W-61L there (I remember everyone here was bitching about that when we stole T-Mac for Mobley and Francis lol I was so excited about htis that I almost pissed my pants). Yao has a much better FG% than Tracy as well. So if anything Tracy is holding back Yao.

9. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

This thread is a joke...

I may not like Yao Ming, but it would be incredibly foolish for Houston to trade him. They probably will be an elite team in the west for the next 7 years(assuming no major injuries).

10. Adrenaline

Adrenaline JBB JustBBall Member

Obviously this kid has no life and has no IQ of basketball. If I was this kid I would run and hide because, he'll get flamed..as this thread goes on.

11. Brasco

Brasco JBB JustBBall Member

stop responding...he's just some lonely kid.

12. shootingmachine

shootingmachine JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting igotask8board:</div><div class="quote_post">I guess it's true lol. Only kids 14 and younger have Lebron James as there favorite player!
    .</div>

What the hell is this supposed to mean? Lebron is gonna be the best player in the NBA, you think only kids younger than 14 have him as there favourite player?

13. XSV

XSV JBB The Virve Dynasty

Quit bashing the guy. Tracy didn't succeed in Orlando because they had lets see nobody else. If Houston traded Yao for a couple borderline stars or role players, I honestly believe they'd be more of a contender than they are right now (were not talking for future, but right now).

14. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting virve119:</div><div class="quote_post">Quit bashing the guy. Tracy didn't succeed in Orlando because they had lets see nobody else. If Houston traded Yao for a couple borderline stars or role players, I honestly believe they'd be more of a contender than they are right now (were not talking for future, but right now).</div>

Yea, but any one who shoots the ball is just taking away a potential T-Mac shot. We can't have that. No one can shoot the ball but T-Mac, or else they would just be getting in the way. T-Mac has to exceed beyond his imits and put up every shot. Then the Rockets would win every game.[​IMG]

Seriously if I had to let one go. T-Mac or Yao, and I REALLY HATE to think of this. If I realllly had to let one go it would be.........TMac. [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shootingmachine:</div><div class="quote_post">What the hell is this supposed to mean? Lebron is gonna be the best player in the NBA, you think only kids younger than 14 have him as there favourite player?</div>

Ok I worded that wrong. All kids 14 and younger have Lebron as there favorite player. my bad. I don't think you know what I meant by that, and I don't care to explain it.

Any one care for some gum? Well that's just part of it.

15. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Houston is succeeding with Yao. They went from 43 to 45 to 51 wins since Yao has been with the team.

16. Coolguy777

Coolguy777 JBB JustBBall Member

Came over here to check out your review on the Sonics/Rockets game and saw this thread. This guy started a thread in the Sonics forum about how dumb we are for letting Jerome James go and thats why we lost to Phoenix (in an exhibition game)..and I come here and hes encourages throwin Yao Ming away. Classic lol.

17. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

wow...trade yao.... Let me tell you the reason Tracy roams the paint freely is the same reason d wade roams the pain freely in miami. Their big man opens up lanes. Yao is a great player and there is no one any team would give that would equal yao's ability...barring any Kevin Garnett trade but that is very unlikely.

18. 42...

42... JBB JustBBall Member

Houston without Yao = LA without Shaq

19. Eduardo

Eduardo JBB JustBBall Member

20. tr@cy&ya0

tr@cy&ya0 JBB JustBBall Member

^^^ sooo true.