Simmons on Blazers

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Reep, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Reep

Reep Well-Known Member

Link

There's much more, follow the link.

I'm glad were not listed under number ten. Both those where things many fans wanted.

2. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

DRAFT THE STACHE! DRAFT THE STACHE! DRAFT THE STACHE! :ghoti:

3. Ed O

Ed O Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Agreed.

I've been thinking lately that Wallace is the guy the Blazers should target to upgrade the small forward position. He's athletic, still relatively young (26), and can contribute with steals and blocks without needing the ball. Further, he's paid way more than he's worth to the Bobcats, so we might be able to get him for relatively cheap (Raef + Frye ? (they need a 4 since they screwed the pooch and took May)).

Actually, the Bobcats have pissed me off since the Martell Webster draft. We offered them the #3 for the #5 and the #13... they could have taken Chris Paul and made their fan base happy with the local kid (who also happened to be the best player available). Instead they sat at 5 and 13 and took Felton and May... and Portland had to settle for a lesser deal with Utah (who SHOULD have had to settle on Felton at 6).

Screw them. They deserve what they get.

Ed O.

4. crowTrobot

crowTrobot die comcast

you could say odds are nash would have taken gerald green at 13 anyway, and he'd be as long gone as jack right now. but yeah, chris paul in the east, deron a hornet, and felton in utah would be better.

5. Masbee

Masbee -- Rookie of the Year

Ha ha. I agree with that sentiment. Funny you should say this as not 2 days ago did I bitch to a co-worker about the Bobcats not making that '05 deal with us.

As for the Wallace idea, did you miss the recent thread on the topic? We missed your input.

http://www.sportstwo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127011