Sixers to make another move before the trade deadline?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Accord, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Accord

Accord JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Billy King has grown to be a master of the NBA deal. If you have any doubts, just look at what he has done in his six seasons as general manager of the 76ers.

With the Sixers rolling along in first place in the Atlantic Division with a 41-14 record during the 2000-01 season, King gave up four players, including Theo Ratliff and Toni Kukoc, to get Dikembe Mutombo from Atlanta, then watched the Sixers advance to the NBA Finals.

King brought in Eric Snow. He reacquired Derrick Coleman. He got a third team involved in a trade with Houston for Kenny Thomas. He kept Mutombo around for one more season, then dealt him to New Jersey for Keith Van Horn and Todd MacCulloch.

Then, last summer, King worked a four-team deal that sent Van Horn to New York and brought Glenn Robinson from Atlanta and Marc Jackson from Minnesota.

So it's likely that King won't be afraid to pull the trigger between now and the Feb. 19 trade deadline and that he will find a creative way to do it if necessary.

King wore a long-sleeve shirt to the Sixers' practice yesterday at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, and he refused to let reporters see if he had anything up his sleeves.
    </div>

More here.

2. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

I think something will happen with either Snow or Coleman.

3. ZeroToOne50182

ZeroToOne50182 JBB JustBBall Member

I dont watch Philly, but I think Samuel Dalembert should get some more time.. Hes gonna be a great player, so I guess It would be good to see Coleman leave, unless he can help Dalembert in some way.. I don't understand logic in getting rid of Snow unless they get someone better..

4. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

i dont no whats gonna happen hopefully something good!!!

5. MVPlaya

MVPlaya JBB Banned Member

Somethin has to happen, if not the Sixers Organization will officially suck. How can you not make a move after the recent play of the Sixers.

Sixers NEED to make a move QUICK and EFFECTIVE.

6. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

^^^ true,right now they re abput to lost to the raptors iverson has 32 6rbs 8assist with like 3-4 minutes left

7. Arthur

Arthur JBB JustBBall Member

I think Ratliff would be perfect here. We want to build a team on defense, says BK, so Ratliff is perfect. Also, think how much he can teach Daly about defense and blocking.....

8. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

I think DC needs to go, he's been a career underachiever and isn't doing anything right now but taking up space. I like Ratliff coming back, as stated above, and a change at the point would be nice too.

9. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

Anyone see Iverson's post-game press conference last night? Someone's mad.