Sixers v Pistons (Brown returns to Philly)

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by mike18946, Nov 26, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Detroit Pistons (10-5) @ Philadelphia 76ers (7-8)

Head Coaches
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Randy Ayers /Larry Brown

Probable Starters

[​IMG] [​IMG] Derrick Coleman /Elden Campbell
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Marc Jackson/Ben Wallace
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Kenny Thomas /Tayshaun Prince
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Allen Iverson /Richard Hamilton
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Eric Snow /Chauncey Billups

Injuries

Detroit Pistons
    Richard Hamilton (neck), questionable;
    C Zeljko Rebraca (back)
    G Hubert Davis (hamstring)
    G Chucky Atkins (knee),

Philadelphia 76ers
    Monty Williams (knee)
    Greg Buckner (hamstring)
    Glenn Robinson (ankle)

quotes

Sixers guard Eric Snow: "I think (the fans) are going to be tough on Brown, which is expected. They're tough on everyone. He's the enemy now. It's nothing personal. Not to me. It may be to other people. He was the enemy the day he left here. Even more when he took the Detroit job."

Pistons guard Chauncey Billups: "Man, it is going to be wild and crazy. I can remember going out during the playoffs and people saying things. With us knocking them out of the playoffs and their coach coming to us, I'm sure there's going to be a lot of emotion and energy out there."

Sixers guard Allen Iverson: "Philly fans? He knows how it's going to be. . . . A lot of fans probably feel betrayed. Like me, I'm hurt, too. I felt if Coach Brown was not coaching the Sixers, he would retire. I was hurt over the whole thing, too, especially with (him joining) a team that knocked us out of the playoffs. . . . I don't want to blow them out. I want to win the game. I don't want to try to embarrass him or show him up. It's going to be exciting. A special night."

Key's to Game

Sixers need to get their inside game early..stoping Ben Wallace on the glass while contending the Pistons guards Chauncey Billups and Rip Hamilton.Rip however got injuried during the game at home to the Hornets on sunday and didn't return.He missed the game @ Hawks because of that the day after.So it is un-certain if he will play or not.Allen Iverson will want to prove a point to Larry Brown...he will be motivated to beat his old coach.The x-factor will be Marc Jackson and how Pistons handle him on the boards and to stop him from getting easy stick backs.

Chauncey Billups has always been a problem for the Sixers..He ended their playoffs hopes last season with 3 big threes in game 6 of the eastern conference semi-finals...He loves playing under pressure and hitting the big shots.

This game will be a very good one to watch....As mentioned in quotes from all the players involved this will be a "Speical night"

Prediction

Pistons by 5

2. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

i'll be here tonight. i am so excited! this is going to be great!

3. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

Yeah! Hamilton is questionable for tonights game,great!

Here's what Billups said on tonights game:
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"Oh, man, it's going to be a madhouse," he said. "I remember in the playoffs last year, that place was crazy. Even at the restaurants and around the city, people were just talking crazy. They are going to be looking for revenge. They have all kinds of incentives." </div>

[​IMG] C'mon Sixers you gotta win this one!