Rumor Smith: Giannis and Lillard Would Win Ring

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BigGameDamian, Sep 7, 2020.

1. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

2. AldoTrapani

AldoTrapani Well-Known Member

3. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Yeah, someone hadn't talked about this clip from ESPN but had cited a redditer in the trade ideas thread where we traded CJ, Zach and every pick we possibly could under the CBA for Giannis and Wes if Wes picked up his player option (there are a lot of ways to make the trade work where we give up a lot more and still have good enough left). I think if we got Giannis and Dame together with whatever supporting team that would have to be around to make salaries match and with the MLE, we would win a championship next season and with that championship and Dame being Dame, I think Giannis would re-sign with us. We would have a four or five year run where we would be really tough to stop and win multiple titles. It's a pipe dream but a helluva pipe dream.

riverman likes this.
  4. KSF-ERIC

KSF-ERIC Well-Known Member

If we can keep GT2 and get RoLo back, that’d be nice. Sign Harkless and Marc Gasol in free agency.

Dame/Simons
    GT2/Wes
    Ariza/Harkless
    Giannis/Melo
    Lopez/Gasol

5. blazerkor

First of all, we would have to get a backup PG because I don't think anyone on the roster you have up there can bring the ball up and initiate the offense effectively while Dame sits I definitely don't think Ant could. Second I don't think that either Gasol or Moe are going to take half the MLE but I could be wrong. The third thing is kind of endemic on this forum, Melo said he would love to play here next season, at no time has Melo said he would love to play here for a min level contract and we don't have bird rights for Melo... so why does everyone just keep penciling Melo in like he's going to play here for nothing? It's not just you, it's practically everyone. I would probably use the MLE to get a back up PG and a back up post player that can guard 4s and 5s in today's NBA. Gary, Trevor and Wes can cover just about all of the minutes on the wings hopefully with some help from Rodney. Oh and if we are sending out CJ, Zach and Nurk... Brook Lopez would have to be the Lopez coming back to make salaries work not Robin. Brook might be better for us anyway since historically he stretches the floor better than RoLo.

6. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

Cj liked, i have a feeling this could be another melo situation

Screenshot_20200908-115412_Gallery.jpg

7. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

So, what trash is Milwaukee supposedly accepting for the NBA MVP?

jlprk and BBert like this.
  8. blazerkor

Maybe CJ likes the idea of running his own offense.

9. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Not saying I think it will happen (it's beyond unlikely), but consider what the Raptors gave up for Kawhi. They didn't have to give up the farm for him.

And also consider that losing him for nothing (like the Raptor lost Leonard for nothing), and consider that Giannis has only 1 year left and he could leave for nothing, I'm not sure they'd be as concerned about getting 'equal talent' for him.

I would hope that IF (and imho, it's like about as likely to happen as the % of fraud in VBM) they traded for him, he would then immediately sign an extension.

Either way, I don't see how it's possible or probable that they don't have to include CJ in a trade for him, + draft picks + a prospect

10. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    So Giannis will sign with Portland in 10 years?

STOMP and BBert like this.
  11. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

It's far fetched but not impossible, especially with one year left on his contract. If Giannis plays out his contract and leaves next summer without signing his supermax, Milwaukee is left with nothing. We have enough evidence that teams explore deals in these situations:

Anthony Davis to LA for Brandon Ingram, the #4 pick in 2019, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, and two other pick swaps.

Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto for Demar Derozan, Jakob Poeltl, and the #29 pick.

Paul George to OKC for Oladipo and Sabonis (both became all stars for Indy).

Kawhi's value was a bit reduced due to the nature of his load management and injury history, but Lakers paid a ton to land Davis. Pacers made out really well after being criticized initially.

12. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

As another article posited, GSW could put forth a much better offer with Wiggins, their #2, and Minny's protected pick.

BTW, how trash would it be if the Warriors legitimately turned a disenfranchised, injured, and willingly-departing Durant into Giannis in the span of 15 months?

13. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

The key in all this is Giannis wanting out, and wanting Portland and Dame. Agents also important in getting these moves made.

Giannis' agent isn't really as connected to Portland. Only other clients with relation to our team are Rudy Fernandez, Jon Diebler and Seth Curry-- unfortunately for Neil, he hasn't done much work buttering up this agent like he has others in the past. There's a reason why Raps signed guys like Matt Thomas, and the Lakers and Bucks signed Giannis' brothers. Don't let anyone tell you nepotism is absent in the NBA.

https://basketball.realgm.com/info/agent-client-list/Alex-Saratsis/120

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    HailBlazers likes this.
  14. Labinot41

I think CJ would be a 28/8/6 type player on his own team tbh. That team wouldn't have that much succes though

15. Labinot41

Haha with our luck probably true

16. Labinot41

One thing i dont get about Neil, he allways talks about how good culture is in Portland and how great of a Leader Dame is, yet he allways complaints about how hard it is to bring good free Agents in a Portland market. That doesn't make sense to me.

Dom McBlazer and PCmor7 like this.
  17. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Thanks a lot. You just took me from “Ooh, what a fun idea” to “Reality bites. I feel sick” in five seconds.

PtldPlatypus likes this.
  18. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Anyone but Dame.

19. ripcity67

ripcity67 Active Member

this.....now I will go cry

20. Cugel

Cugel The epitome of mediocrity

Canvas Repairman