Smith

Discussion in 'NFC West' started by nflfan04, Jun 18, 2004.

1. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

Emmit Smith was named starter for the Arizona Cardinals after spending the last 6 games as a backup for Marcel Shipp after coming back from injury . last year was his worst year... any opinions on who should get the job?

2. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

Yeah someone other than Smith or Shipp. Go after T. Henry... once Magahee wins the job in Buffalo, Henry will be an afterthought.

3. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

Looks to me like Dennis Green is going to continue the Bidwell's "Commitment to Excrement" in order to sell a few tickets! It's still a sad situation in the desert. Marcel Shipp is by far the best back in Arizona.

4. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

I'll agree with the Zackman here. Shipp should definately get the starting nod! Emmitt should get his AARP card!

5. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

I think that emmitt could contribute to the team but i dont think either 1 should be starting in the nfl. Shipp has shown flashes of skill but only in sporadic situations. i dont know about henry leaving anywhere by trade this year.

6. Steelerfan_2005

I had heard rumors that Oakland is still not happy about there running back situation and may make a play for Henry before Training camp... not real sure how true that is... ROTR, any word out there?

7. kcgsc

Didn't Oakland pick up T. Hambrick?

8. Steelerfan_2005

Yeah, Oakland has like 7 backs on their roster. Of course none of them stand out. Wheatley, Zereoue, Hambrick, Fargas, Downs, Redmon, Burnell, and Green... acutally 8! But I can't see any of them being standouts.

As for Arizona's situation, I can't imagine Smith being the full time starter. Shipp has much younger legs and a quicker first step.

9. kcgsc

They are saying with 3 good young wideouts (Boldin, Fitzgerald, Bryant Johnson) and D. Greens penchant for throwing the deep ball, Emmitt makes sense because he is better at picking up the blitz on blocking duty. Greens Minnesota teams did run the ball too, so I would imagine Shipp will have plenty of opportunities.

10. Steelerfan_2005

I read that he's a better seam runner as well. Arizona does have a good line. They've been drafting top O-linemen for the last 10 years... sheesh!