Snapping Tutles

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BrewCityBuck, May 3, 2007.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Behind my house there's a big channel that runs from a nearby lake. There's these monster homes back there lining the shores and they have kept the area 'natural' leaving downed tree's in the water and thus creating almost a swamp area where there are turtles/bass/herons/lilly pads. It's a great place where I've fished for almost 15 years. Well, anyway, just this past week I've been fishing back there and noticed one of these.[​IMG] Two of them were humping near the shore, the damn things were gigantic, probably over 40 pounds or so. Any of you seen these things? I was talking to my uncle who works for a local park/rec department and he said he had to move one these a few years ago in a garbage pale and said that it snapped a broom handle....they weighed it and it was 60 pounds! These things are prehistoric looking and have these long tails, they are the ugliest things I've ever seen. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. TheAnalyst

TheAnalyst BBW Elite Member

Damn. Those are some big motherfuckers. :shok:

3. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

The last picture looks like Monster Man. Thats messed up, you should probbaly call a animal place or something. They might be able to provide a better enviroment for them....and get them outve your fishing spot.

4. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheAnalyst @ May 3 2007, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Damn. Those are some big motherfuckers. :shok:</div>That's what she said

5. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

yeah those muther fuckers can be scary. Don't let it bite ya...

6. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (austingriz @ May 3 2007, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The last picture looks like Monster Man. Thats messed up, you should probbaly call a animal place or something. They might be able to provide a better enviroment for them....and get them outve your fishing spot.</div> Snapper turtles are a natural species in my area, no need to call animal control. I just read that they are 'threatened' in many states, probably because like most large turtle species, they nest on land.[​IMG] Just found a picture of an Alligator sitting on top of an Alligator Snapping Turtle.

7. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ May 3 2007, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Snapper turtles are a natural species in my area, no need to call animal control. I just read that they are 'threatened' in many states, probably because like most large turtle species, they nest on land.[​IMG] Just found a picture of an Alligator sitting on top of an Alligator Snapping Turtle.</div>now that is innaporopiate

8. ChuckTheD

ChuckTheD BBW Elite Member

Could you imagine the first picture if you didn't know those things were in the water? That would be scary as F*ck. They look like monsters.

9. Rodenbo

Rodenbo BBW Elite Member

I thought we didn't show pictures that sexual on this website, I'm highly disappointed, lol

10. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rodenbo @ May 3 2007, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I thought we didn't show pictures that sexual on this website, I'm highly disappointed, lol</div>yo, really

11. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ May 3 2007, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Snapper turtles are a natural species in my area, no need to call animal control. I just read that they are 'threatened' in many states, probably because like most large turtle species, they nest on land.[​IMG] Just found a picture of an Alligator sitting on top of an Alligator Snapping Turtle.</div>Im not saying call animal control for humans, but for them. It sounds like this place in the the middle in the city, so maybe they have a better enviroment or something for them.