So, 4 Small Forwards?

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by SunnyD, Jun 28, 2007.

1. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

-Kevin Durant-Rashard Lewis-Jeff Green-Wally SzcerbiakAdd Damien Wilkins (Look at his genes), and you have a huge logjam. Who is going to go?

2. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Rashard Lewis..they'll probably try to squeeze Green in at the 4 too

3. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

I don't understand why they drafted Jeff Green...doesn't make any sense at all...

4. S_Gurad

S_Gurad BBW Elite Member

I have a feeling durant will be playing the 2 and the 3 and possibly the 4 if he bulks up.| Green will be the 4 but Gelabale and Wilkins are there 2 unless Green produces better than those 2 immediately.| Szczerbiak will start at the 2 and the rest u gotta wait and see.| Wilcox will be starting though.| It is hard to predict the full Sonics starting lineup at this moment.|

5. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

Kevin Durant and Jeff Green are both combo forwards. In the Sonics' style offense, Jeff Green could play the 4. And, if I had to choose, I think that's how they'll run their offense, with Durant at 3, and Green at 4.

6. HoNgKoNgKoBe

HoNgKoNgKoBe BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GrizzFanTaylor @ Jun 29 2007, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Kevin Durant and Jeff Green are both combo forwards. In the Sonics' style offense, Jeff Green could play the 4. And, if I had to choose, I think that's how they'll run their offense, with Durant at 3, and Green at 4.</div>durant is better off playing the 4 and green at 3. wilkins can play the 2 spot occasionally and wally will come off the bench like usual.

7. TigerTaylor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HoNgKoNgKoBe @ Jun 28 2007, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>durant is better off playing the 4 and green at 3. wilkins can play the 2 spot occasionally and wally will come off the bench like usual.</div>Green is bigger than Durant which is why I think he would be more suited to play 4. But, Durant is a better rebounder though. It could probably go either way.

8. HoNgKoNgKoBe

HoNgKoNgKoBe BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GrizzFanTaylor @ Jun 29 2007, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Green is bigger than Durant which is why I think he would be more suited to play 4. But, Durant is a better rebounder though. It could probably go either way.</div>it can go either way but the reason I put durant more suitable at 4 is because hes more lanky than green and have longer arms. which I think would be more suitable at the 4.

9. Clangus

Clangus BBW Elite Member

I'd like to see this lineupSTARTING --- / OFF THE BENCH FIRSTDWest --- /Watson/RidnourSzerbiack --- /WilkinsDurant --- /GreenWilcox --- /Green/DurantSwift --- /Collison/PetroYou see I dont think Green will start! I think he will play major minutes though but at the 3 and 4 when Wilcox or durant will rest. I can see him putting in 25-35 mins a game playing there.The sonics have done a great job in the Draft in regards to that - they got players who can play multiple positions! I would have said that wiolcox would swing to center and then Green?durant would share the time at the 4 but I doubt that since they are said to be modelling after the spurs. Plus PJ Carlisimo was Popavic' assistant I'd be very surprised if he plays "RUN and GUN"Cant wait to seee!

10. KCX

KCX BBW VIP

I read this in USA today newspaper the day after the draft saying they could probably just play Durant at the 2 position and Green at the 3 position. And basically we are looking at Rashard Lewis going to another team and Wally Szcerbiak as just a player whose contract will expire soon enough.

11. TigerTaylor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KCX @ Jul 5 2007, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I read this in USA today newspaper the day after the draft saying they could probably just play Durant at the 2 position and Green at the 3 position. And basically we are looking at Rashard Lewis going to another team and Wally Szcerbiak as just a player whose contract will expire soon enough.</div>First off, Lewis is out of the picture now with the Sonics, seeing he signed with the Magic.Second off, Durant at the 2 and Green at the 3 could be very nice for the Sonics. They could create mis-matches and Durant's style would fit nicely at SG. Green would be a good 2 with his versality and then Wilcox and Sene would handle the frontcourt. Wally would be a nice scoring option off the bench.

12. time takes time

time takes time BBW Member

with this team, you can't really think positions, think match-ups. These guys are all very tall and create mismatches. This team will be an offensive powerhouse in coming years.

13. junot111

junot111 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>First off, Lewis is out of the picture now with the Sonics, seeing he signed with the Magic.</div>he hasn't signed yet, he agreed to. anything can happen.

14. Clangus

Clangus BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GrizzFanTaylor @ Jul 6 2007, 06:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wilcox and Sene would handle the frontcourt.</div>Your right about Wilcox, But Sene will be lucky to crack the rotation! He spent last year in D-leagu mostly!Hopefully Swift and Petro will be able to improve and man the middle - I cant see Durant playing the 2 isnt he like 6'11?

15. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

He is 6'9. But his skill set is pretty close to that of a 2. Although I can't see him as a full time shooting guard. The think Seattle has just begun their off season.

16. Clangus

Clangus BBW Elite Member

well 6'9 he could play the 2 but I tihnk that would waste his rebounding a little.

17. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clangus @ Jul 5 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I tihnk that would waste his rebounding a little.</div>And his quickness. He is a quick 3/4, he is an average 2.

18. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

Wow, Durant at the 2 sounds weird, but it makes sense

19. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

I seriously doubt Kevin Durant will play SG. They will most likely start Wally at the 2, Durant at the 3, and have Jeff Green come off the bench.

20. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

They'd probably even start Green at the 4 and Durant at the 3 and run an offense where both will either end up on the perimeter or down low in certain plays in order to utilize their skillsets. They'd work something out where Jeff Green will be able to show his playmaking skills either in the post or outside and where Durant can create mismatches on the perimeter and even on the block against opposing SF's.