So, how would you rank them?

Discussion in 'College Football' started by JCB, Nov 2, 2008.

1. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    How would you rank the top teams now that TT knocked off Texas? Mine would probably go (I've shuffled it around numerous times and I'm still not completely happy):

1) Alabama
    2) Penn State
    3) Texas Tech
    4) Florida
    5) Texas
    6) Oklahoma
    7) USC
    8) Oklahoma State

You could maybe make an argument that TT could jump PSU, but it's tough to justify a team being jumped if they didn't lose. So the top 3 are the remaining 3 unbeatens. If TT beats OK St. next week, that'll be enough to jump PSU.

After that, I think you have to put Florida. They're Sagarin SOS is 10th (though Texas' is 7th) and they've blown out two former top 10 teams, and their only loss was a close one to Ole Miss. I think they're the best team in the country right now, and there's no way they should be lower than 4th.

Then you put Texas, who has played the toughest schedule out of all these teams. They don't fall behind an Oklahoma team they've already defeated.

Then USC and OK St. follow.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  2. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

what a game in lubbock last night...................that dropped INT probably cost the Horns a national championship...I was screaming at the horns fans around me that the game was over when ole boy dropped the ball....I think they run the table if they won that game last night...............another defensive mistake was not wrapping up Crabtree on that last throw.....dude went for the strip instead of actually tackling him...................time probably expires if he makes that play...............

1. Tech
    2. Bama
    3. Penn
    4. Florida
    5. Texas

at least it should look this way....if Oklahoma was 1 when texas knocked them off making Texas number 1, I don't see how you can't do the same for Tech.....no way in hell should oklahoma skip ahead of texas.........

3. La Bomba

La Bomba The Future

1) Alabama
    2) Penn State
    3) Texas Tech
    4) Texas
    5) Florida
    6) Oklahoma
    7) USC
    8) Oklahoma State

4. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

1) Alabama
    2) Texas Tech
    3) Penn State
    4) Florida
    5) Texas
    6) Oklahoma
    7) USC
    8) Oklahoma State

This isn't really tricky right now. OSU can really muddy things up this week.

If you think Texas should be ahead of Florida, you have a good case. I think they are even right now. This is my guess at the BCS championship matchup.

If Penn State loses, they will drop out of the top 10.

5. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog GO DAWGS!

1) Alabama 9-0
    2) Penn State 9-0
    3) Texas Tech 9-0
    4) Florida 7-1
    5) Texas 8-1

Im giving PSU the benefit of the doubt being that they were off, but if they lose they drop out of the Top 10. Same with Bama,they lose they drop out of the Top 5 for me, if PSU loses too..

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008