So our backcourt is pretty good, huh?

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by FOMW, Dec 19, 2008.

1. FOMW

FOMW Member

I don't know that I've ever seen two perimeter teammates play a more efficient, prolific scoring game than VC and Devin did tonight. Quite a performance and a much needed win for the team.

Of course I figured they would win because I knew there would be more energy (and people) in the stands than usual. Let's hope there's some carryover to tomorrow night.

2. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

Tony Parker and Manu are a pretty good back court too. Rip and Billups were a great back court. But this back courts, has obvious great scoring, and is fun to watch, but they won't match up to those back courts.

3. yinets1860

yinets1860 i love this game !

:clap:tonight,our backcourt

vc+harris=75 points,13 rebs,19 ast,pretty good:clap:

4. nets1

nets1 Member

when they both are on there is no better back court ever.....

5. DevinNets34

DevinNets34 Member

I'd say Vince and Harris are the most violent backcourt.

Just because of their attack.

6. Master Shake

Lawlz. Mad jokezzz :clap:

7. FOMW

FOMW Member

Well, they haven't won a championship, but it's their first full season together, they don't have Tim Duncan and defensive player of the year candidates around them, and they don't have the amazing quality, veteran depth that the Pistons had a few years ago.

As an individual player, Carter is better, more versatile, and certainly more talented than all those you mentioned, has had a more impressive career in individual terms. And Harris is just proving how some coaches, systems, and too much conventional wisdom can impede the growth of a player. There isn't a point guard in the league playing better overall than Devin since the Detroit game. And I think Devin is going to be a better player long term than Parker (is certainly playing better this season) because he has more length while being just as quick and has better range on his jumper.

8. farouq710

farouq710 Member

Shake I know your a Toronto fan but can you just call a spade a spade?? Devin and Vince are easily the most productive backcourt in the NBA THIS YEAR. Chauncey and Rip as well as Tony and Manu were supported by at least one frontcourt player that were easily one of the best at their positions. THIS YEAR the two aforementioned backcourts aren't even close to matching the production of Devin and Vince. They are also doing this without much help in the frontcourt on both offense and defense, they have to guard their men and also put up numbers on offense.

9. farouq710

farouq710 Member

FOMW great minds think alike haha. Hilarious, I was also going to mention how annoyed I get when people try to play it off as if Rip and Manu are better players than Vince.

10. Netsfan99

Netsfan99 Member

You have balls to talk after your team lost to Oklahoma? ROFLMAO!!!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  11. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

Sorry, that's not a state.

12. farouq710

farouq710 Member

We lost to the Knicks who got creamed by the Bucks, We also have consistently let big leads slip this year...so I don't know if i would criticize other teams when we're not consistently good either.

13. NOMAM

NOMAM Member

[​IMG]

There were so many good gif capture moments from this game. I'm going to start a thread later and post them there.

14. DevinNets34

DevinNets34 Member

ok... thanks

nice work

15. DevinNets34

DevinNets34 Member

We need LeBron James to join with the Nets, we will have the most violent three players.

Devin Carter LeBron

16. Master Shake

Listen, I'm not saying Carter and Harris isn't a good back court. Just FOMW said "I've ever seen two perimeter teammates play a more efficient" I've seen much more efficient back courts. But hey, Carter and Harris can run with the best of them, for sure. No reason to blow up and tell me the Raptors suck. I know they suck right now. They lost to the worst team in the league, and our star player is pissed as fuck.

The thing is not about team, it's about the back court. Harris and Carter are one of the best scoring, but most efficient, I don't think so.

17. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

Can you make that smaller so I can use it as an avy?

18. MaxaMillion711

MaxaMillion711 ...?

Mixer
    no. one has heart. the other is a washed up bum. one actualy tries, the other just chucks up jumpers and never drives. plus one is always injured all the time.

so much sarcasm....ouch....

seriously, fun backcourt to watch

19. FOMW

FOMW Member

It really helps to read what a person writes:

I said nothing about their efficiency for all time (although they've both been extremely efficient this season). The combination of efficiency and PROLIFIC scoring output from two teammates in the same game, let alone two guards who both must handle the ball a lot to be effective, is truly rare. I can't recall ever seeing a game where that particular combination was the case.

20. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Devin Harris has really become a good player. When was the last time a guy could score 40 points in a game and have over 10 assists to go with it? Once he improves on defense, he will be a top 3 point guard. Hell, he might be top three right now. Maybe.

Vince is playing well too. I love how everyone was saying Vince is washed up and last year he sucked so he will again this season, will all the haters have got to shut up after the way Carter has been playing this season. He's playing good on defense and has become a good leader. He has matured over the years. Back then no one would call him a leader, now look at him. Along with Harris, he is leading a team that really isn't deep to a top eight seed.