So, the rangers look pretty awesome on paper

Discussion in 'EAST: Atlantic Division' started by Giantsfan1, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

The rangers are now the favorites to come out of the East. The Drury and Gomez signings really emnphasize the rangers wanting to move up in 07-08. Whats your opinions on teh signings?

2. bronco92

bronco92 Managing Partner

Gomez was very impressive during the play offs, but his regular season numbers were not overly impressive.</p>

The Rangers do look good on paper though. </p>

3. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

The thing is Gomez makes players around him play well, he always has a high assist ratio and the rumors are that the first line will feature, hium, Jagr, and Straka....that could be a deadly line.

4. bronco92

Yes, the first and second line will be world class if all fit.</p>

You sound like a Rangers fan... do you have a slogan we could use?</p>

I'm a Canucks fan, so no mentioning '94 please [​IMG] </p>

5. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

slogan: Devils fans not welcome</p>

</p>

haha, that rivalry is so intense </p>

</p>

Oh don;t worry, considering we haven;t done myuch since the mid 90's until recently, I don't have much smack to say on any hockey team </p>

6. bronco92

Slogan updated.

7. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

The Rangers still arent't even the best team in their division let alone in the entire east.</p>

If they're lucky Jersey will slip and perhaps they can hope for second but the Pens will bury them this season.</p>

8. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

^ I'd have to disagree. The penguins have three great young stars, a whole bunched of washed up veterans and a goal tender who can't stop a beach ball consistently.

9. meltz1

meltz1 Viva La RevoluciĆ³n

yuck, the rangers and its fans disgust me. Year after year, they bash the Devils system and the players produced under it. Yet, as soon as one of those players hit free agency, the Rangers swoop in, throw millions at um', and the fans proclaim that the balance of the rivalry has shifted. In three years, Gomez's contract will be an albatross for the Rangers cap flexability and will have to cut him loose like Holik. By then, the devils will have probably hung another championship banner achieved under a proven system that doesnt need overpaid FA's to be successful.

10. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

Your right, go sign our scrubs who didn;t cut it last year, while we pick up your best defensive/passing Centerman. The devils also lost Rafalski, and signed such greats as Karl Rachunek and Kevin Weekes. Enjoy, by the way enjoy that new stadium that probably won;t sell out 10 games this year.

11. meltz1

meltz1 Viva La RevoluciĆ³n

considering that season ticket sales have already increased 30% from last year just 3 months before the new season begins, its safe to say the Devils will sell out a majority of their home games. I, myself, have upgraded from 4 partial plans to two season tickets now that I'll have public transportation to and from the arena. Poor attendance in previous season was the direct result of ZERO public transporation for anyone in the New Jersey fanbase from any part of the state.

12. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

Not to pick on Jersey but the Nets and the Red Bulls don't exactly set league records for attendance either.</p>

The Rangers look decent on paper but what happens when Jagr and Shanny break down? And the Pens have more than three young players capable of delivering next year and for years after that. More importantly their key players are moving into their prime next year we should expect more from Malkin, Armstrong, Staal, Talbot and Christensen<span class="yspsctnhdln">.</span></p>

And yes Fleury is more than a little shakey but it's not as if Henrik has reached Marty status yet either. </p>

13. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

^ Oh I agree with you, the Penguins have a great team built. Sure you can counter that by saying Jagr and Shanny are old but think about some of your older vets. Will Roberts take stupid lazy penalties mid year becuase of his fatigue and age? Recchi obviously has a small amount left in the tank and Sykora is a streaky older player.

14. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giantsfan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>^ Oh I agree with you, the Penguins have a great team built. Sure you can counter that by saying Jagr and Shanny are old but think about some of your older vets. Will Roberts take stupid lazy penalties mid year becuase of his fatigue and age? Recchi obviously has a small amount left in the tank and Sykora is a streaky older player.</div></p>

The difference is that the Pens aren't built around those old vets like the Rangers.</p>

15. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (meltz1)</div><div class='quotemain'>considering that season ticket sales have already increased 30% from last year just 3 months before the new season begins, its safe to say the Devils will sell out a majority of their home games. I, myself, have upgraded from 4 partial plans to two season tickets now that I'll have public transportation to and from the arena. Poor attendance in previous season was the direct result of ZERO public transporation for anyone in the New Jersey fanbase from any part of the state.</div></p>

So wait youre a Devils fan? Wow thats 2 i have talked to. So rare to find your kind </p>

16. Real

Real Dumb and Dumbest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shookem)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Not to pick on Jersey but the Nets and the Red Bulls don't exactly set league records for attendance either.</div></p>

No but the people that go out of their way to pay big money and endure the Turnpike traffic are very dedicated. </p>

As for the Rangers-Devils, you can never countan organization with the winning reputation like theDevils out, especially when they have Martin Brodeur.</p>

17. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Real)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shookem)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Not to pick on Jersey but the Nets and the Red Bulls don't exactly set league records for attendance either.</div></p>

No but the people that go out of their way to pay big money and endure the Turnpike traffic are very dedicated. </p>

As for the Rangers-Devils, you can never count an organization with the winning reputation like the Devils out, especially when they have Martin Brodeur.</p>

</div></p>

</p>

The Devils might win but they still cant sell out for their playoff games. Maybe with the transportation they will</p>

18. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shookem)</div><div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giantsfan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>^ Oh I agree with you, the Penguins have a great team built. Sure you can counter that by saying Jagr and Shanny are old but think about some of your older vets. Will Roberts take stupid lazy penalties mid year becuase of his fatigue and age? Recchi obviously has a small amount left in the tank and Sykora is a streaky older player.</div></p>

The difference is that the Pens aren't built around those old vets like the Rangers. </p>

</div></p>

</p>

point taken, but the Rangers have nice mix of vets to young players. For every older player theres a young guy there to be on teh helping or receiving end. Ofcourse, the Penguins deserve alot of credit for building their team. Watching them until recently was like watching teeth being pulled.</p>

19. MosDefinitely

MosDefinitely Member

When are the Devils getting a new arena?? I have previously heard of it but I didnt know the move was going to happen so quickly. Anyways the addition of Gomez and Drury just push the Rangers into the upper teir of the East, if they lose in the first round of the playoffs again then these signings were just a waste and this season would be deemed a disapointment. </p>

On the subject of the Devils, as a Leaf fan I hate when the team travels to the swamp...the arena is usually half full or empty (make your pick) and the Devils style of play is just not enjoyable to watch! and you could always count on a low scoring game with Broduer behind the pipes. </p>

20. Real

Real Dumb and Dumbest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MosDefinitely)</div><div class='quotemain'>

When are the Devils getting a new arena?? I have previously heard of it but I didnt know the move was going to happen so quickly. Anyways the addition of Gomez and Drury just push the Rangers into the upper teir of the East, if they lose in the first round of the playoffs again then these signings were just a waste and this season would be deemed a disapointment. </p>

On the subject of the Devils, as a Leaf fan I hate when the team travels to the swamp...the arena is usually half full or empty (make your pick) and the Devils style of play is just not enjoyable to watch! and you could always count on a low scoring game with Broduer behind the pipes. </p></div>

New Devils arena is going to open this fall. It's a few blocks from Newark Penn Station, as well in the middle of a plethora ofbus routes,which makes it easily accessable as it wasn't before in the Meadowlands.</p>