Sobering thought

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by DolfanDale, Dec 21, 2003.

1. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

The Dolphins are now finished. No playoff hopes with a game left to play, while the CINCINNATI BENGALS are still alive!!! I could almost live with that if that means Teflon Dave is history, but now rumors swirl that Spurrier may come to Miami. Just dandy. If underachieving weren't enough, next year the Dolphins may be playing like a college team. Could it get any worse? Well, yeah. Jay Fiedler could sign a contract extension, I guess. Talk about depressing.

2. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I cant remember the last time the Miami Dolphins entered thier last game of the season without any hope for the playoffs...My prediction is that Dave Wannstedt wont last until the new year....Wayne may even fire him tommorrow and let Norv Turner coach the team next week, no point keeping a lame duck around....I think the Dolphins need to bring in someone who will take the team in a completely different direction....They need someone who isnt associated with the team, with the underachieving, with the December slumps, or the yearly dissappointments....I will be happy with Spurrier, I will be happy with Dennis Green, I will be happy with Fassel, I will be happy with Lovie...I wont be happy with Wannstedt, I wont be happy with Callahan, I wont be happy with Jauron, I wont be happy with an unknown candidate that I have to look up to see what hes about....Whoever it is, I hope they fix the cap situation by releasing Miami's 2 headed $10 Million QB tandem(Fiedler and Griese's combined cap numbers next year)....

3. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I was just reading a Dan Le Batard article, from the Miami Hearld, and he asked if Wayne would outright fire Wannstedt or demote him to just head coach and hire a GM. I hadn't even considered the latter possibility. My stomach is turning again.

4. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Wanny isnt the GM now, they have a director of player personel instead(Rick Spielman), If they do that Im gonna be in trouble, because Im sure to vommit in disgust and wearing a bag full of vommit on my head will not be pleasant...

5. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

I think Wanny is more of a problem than Spielman. However, if Spielman gets his chance in Detroit for some reason......

I think that if they hire a legit GM then he should probably be given his option on whether to bring in a new coach or not. I would think that someone like a Ron Wolf would probably want to bring in someone else.

6. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Talk about joyless! If someone told the DWO that we would could possibly finish the season with victories over Bills and Jets and be miserable, who would have thought it possible? Yet, even if we beat the Jets next week, I'm disgusted with the way this season is ending. We just beat the Bills in Buffalo and I'm miserable!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!

7. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Its offical! The 'phins continue to get worse in the erra of Wanny. Okay, so Miami may finish w/ more wins than last year but were eliminated a week sooner.

How ironic is it that Miami finally wins a Dec road game - a divisonal one no less - and gets eliminated.

Miami needs to cut ties w/ the Johnson era and move on. Betcha Norv is the next Chargers coach and takes Dave west to be his D Co-ord. I have to disagree w/ Beef. I so not want any one prowling the sidelines that has been a head coach before. I had mentioned Chris Palmer as possible coach but he would be the least of all those evils. Pats D Co-ord Romeo Crennel is my ideal candidate (for the time being).

I don't think Stoops would leave OU nor would Saban leave LSU. Would Pete Carroll leave USC?

8. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I'd rather have Steve Spurrier than Pete Carroll. Of course, my feelings for Carroll go back to his days as an assistant with the Jets. He's still a punk in my book. I don't know much about Romeo Crennel but he sure has the Patriots defense playing well.