Some History on the Refuge

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BLAZER PROPHET, Sep 15, 2008.

1. BLAZER PROPHET

BLAZER PROPHET Well-Known Member

dental malpractice claims adjuster
    Once upon a time ABM, Paul (owner of the Refuge), Wookie, [female poster who asks not to be identified for fear of Refuge retalitaion- which I hear is common], and myself sent circular emails about the Blazers. We decided to start our own private BBS as the emails were too many to keep up with. Then the owner of the board, Paul, wanted to add some more people. Everyone except myself was more or less agreeable but we agreed that all newbies would be added by unanimous vote. When it was suggested to add some troublemakers (like Hap...), I threw a fit and quit. Now, it turns out that Hap and a couple of others I was not in agreement with have destroyed the board. This is no surprise as I found them to be dishonest and the lies they stated were also unacceptable. It was a great concept, but it only takes a few bad apples to ruin the whole board.

2. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

Well if those bad apples do ever make it over here, I can pretty much assure you that they won't be given mod capabilities and abuse their power when people don't have the same political views as them

3. BLAZER PROPHET

And I get that. This is a very open board, yet we are requested to respect each other. That's all we need.

4. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Welcome to S2.

I can empathize with your situation, having been around the internet since the mid 1980s and when BBSes were the only way to collaborate with friends.

There's a term from those early days: FOFH - Fascist Operator From Hell. We strive to not become like those guys.

5. BLAZER PROPHET

It's not that the concept wasn't good- it is. It's not that 90% of the posters aren't ok- they are. It's just that when power is given to immature people and when a known lie is exchanged for the known truth, the place seems to go to hell.

6. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

The best thing you guys can do for us is this : tell us what you like, what you don't like.

We then can make adjustments.