OT Some Totally Useless Trivia

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Lanny, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    About a week and a half ago, I drove my great nephew to his friend's house. I then learned that a block away from his friend's house is Evan Turner's house.
    Turner has a large round white glowing globe I presume to ward off errant drivers from running into his house.

2. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Well a huge truck did drive into his swimming pool so I'm sure he's taking precautions now

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  3. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    Oh man, they still let you behind the wheel of a car Lanny?

Just messing with you!

4. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    Speaking of useless trivia. Yesterday I was watching the KC Chiefs game and they were talking about their sensational young quarterback Patrick Mahomes and flashed to the stands and commented on his dad who had pitched in the majors and won a world series. All of a sudden it donned on me that his dad, Pat Mahomes had pitched for the Portland Beavers in the early 90's. What made it even more interesting is that our family went to a game and my daughter was about 5 years old at the time and we had seats right behind the Beavers dugout and Pat Mahomes had come out of the dugout and my daughter asked him for an autograph on the Portland Beaver hat that we brought with us which he graciously signed and tossed back up to us. We had no idea how close we were to NFL football greatness, lol. Patrick Mahomes dad was only around 21 years old at the time.