Something that would be nice to say in a few days...

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by MIXUM, Jan 2, 2009.

1. MIXUM

MIXUM Suspended

radio/mixmaster/club jock/syndication programmer
    The blazers beat the celtics and lakers in the same week. That would be pretty impressive. Not many in the NBA can say that...if any at all.

This week could be remembered as the week they grew up and made the "arrived" statement to the NBA.

I mean i doubt we beat LA but imagine beating the celts and lakers in the same week. Im sure the blazers wanna show LA they grew up since Oct 30th. With that said, a win vs Celtics and Hornets will be just fine. 2-1 vs those three teams is very satisfactory lol.

Can we beat the hornets wout roy is the big question. I think we got a lil lucky vs the celtics.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  2. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

I dont think it was the same week but the Pacers have beat both

3. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

I think it's really tough to gameplan a defense against a team that you don't know where the scoring's coming from. Do you gamble that LMA's going to take over and try to be a beast? Or that Blake will have a magic game from 3? Or that Travis will remember he can jump higher than most mortals and use that near the hoop? Or do you think the Armada will have a good game? Do you make them try to run, or make them try to slow down? What about Oden? Did they just put two centers in the game?

Rather than, "we know they'll run pick-and-rolls and not hit the rolling big man", or "we know they'll iso Roy in the 4th".

4. MIXUM

MIXUM Suspended

radio/mixmaster/club jock/syndication programmer
    beating the lakers and celtics in one week is pretty impressive in my book...regardless who has done it. The pacers have lost quite a few close games and they ALWAYS beat us.

5. alex42083

alex42083 Thanks Brandon

Writing about sports
    I'd love to see us do that. We've shown we can beat the elite teams at home the past seasons, but going to Boston, going to Cleveland, going to LA has been a little too much for the guys it seems, and we get caught up in the hype of it while to those teams, it seems like it's just another game. I just hope we don't get blown out in LA again...

6. Ed O

Ed O Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The Pacers are in the middle of a truly bizarre season.

Ed O.