Sonics : 12th and 14th

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by jbbFranchise, Jun 26, 2003.

1. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

What are your thoughts on the Sonic's pics: 12th with Nick Collison, and 14th with Luke Ridnour.

I really think they made the right choices, they desperately needed these two positions.

Ridnour is a quick PG with great passing skills, Collison is a very consistent PF who can score inside and out, and is a very good rebounder.

what do you think?

2. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

Good choices on Positions, but wrong players.

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

sonics did great in ths years draft..they have the makings of a really bright future

4. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

Both of these picks were iffy ... Collinson I see doing nothin but bein a complete bum in the NBA and Luke is too flawed on defense to be anything great...

5. jbbFranchise

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Dr. Funk":</div><div class="quote_post">Good choices on Positions, but wrong players.</div>

what players were better?

collison: 18.5 ppg 10 rpg at kansas

Ridnour: 19.5 ppg 6.7apg at Oregon

IMO they were great choices.

6. jbbFranchise

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "purehoops":</div><div class="quote_post">Both of these picks were iffy ... Collinson I see doing nothin but bein a complete bum in the NBA and Luke is too flawed on defense to be anything great...</div>

yeah Luke is bad on defence, but Barry can come in for bad situations like that.

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "thefranchise3":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Dr. Funk":</div><div class="quote_post">Good choices on Positions, but wrong players.</div>

Ridnour: 19.5 ppg 6.7apg

IMO they were great choices.</div>

exactly..my thoughts too...

8. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "thefranchise3":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Dr. Funk":</div><div class="quote_post">Good choices on Positions, but wrong players.</div>

Ridnour: 19.5 ppg 6.7apg at Oregon

IMO they were great choices.</div>

I agree.

9. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

i think the sonics had an EXCELLENT draft. the future is bright for them.

10. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

these picks were dumb and dumberer

collison is a bust and will be outplayed by reggie evans. collison has already peaked and i don't see his game improving.

ridnour is another pick that won't work in seattle. the sonics played great with allen and barry in the backcourt and i don't see ridnour ever being better than either of them.

if they really wanted a pg they should have taken banks at #12, he is the best pg in the draft. i know for damn sure jerry west would avoid nick collison, so seattle could have gotten him at #14.

the sonics are already undersized and physically weak compared to most teams. and they just selected two of the physically weakest players in the draft.

11. HighHeat

HighHeat JBB JustBBall Member

i think seattle is one of the big winners this year, cuz they have Nick the Pick and an akzeptable pg

12. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "shapecity":</div><div class="quote_post">these picks were dumb and dumberer

collison is a bust and will be outplayed by reggie evans. collison has already peaked and i don't see his game improving.

ridnour is another pick that won't work in seattle. the sonics played great with allen and barry in the backcourt and i don't see ridnour ever being better than either of them.

if they really wanted a pg they should have taken banks at #12, he is the best pg in the draft. i know for damn sure jerry west would avoid nick collison, so seattle could have gotten him at #14.

the sonics are already undersized and physically weak compared to most teams. and they just selected two of the physically weakest players in the draft.</div>

couldnt have been explained better... do you really see Collinson SURVIVING in the tall west... I see him a decent bench player AT BEST... Luke Rinior... where to I start "he couldnt gaurd the chair im sittin in"... lmao

13. jbbFranchise

Ridnour will probably only play like 10 mpg this comming season the only real problem is his defence, and really you don't know one thing about Collison if you don't see him improving, believe it or not this guy can jump, and he is one of the best rebounders comming from the draft. hes planning on working out a lot this summer. Hes 6'10 255, and he is strong, his size now is fine hes only 5 pounds less than Tim Duncan and only 2 inches shorter. He can really go up strong under the net and can shoot 17' jumpers he will be good if he gets good playing time.

Yes Banks would have been a better choice for a PG, but Collison at PF to me was a great choice.

14. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

ridnour will be there only point guard.

15. jbbFranchise

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "raptors21":</div><div class="quote_post">ridnour will be there only point guard.</div>

Barry played it when GP left, he did a good job too, i can see him doing it a lot next season too.