Sonics Fact or Fiction

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by odde23, Aug 21, 2005.

1. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

With all the bordom of waiting for something to happen I figured I would start a sonics fact or fiction thread. we all know how this works so I will start it off.

Fact or Fiction: Luke Ridnour will average 7 assists this year for the Green and Gold.

2. Coolguy777

Coolguy777 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Odde24:</div><div class="quote_post">With all the bordom of waiting for something to happen I figured I would start a sonics fact or fiction thread. we all know how this works so I will start it off.

Fact or Fiction: Luke Ridnour will average 7 assists this year for the Green and Gold.</div>

FACT. His minutes will increase about 5 MPG or so a game and with probably more duties this year I expect Luke at right around 8 assist per game.

Fact or Fiction: Nick Collision averages 28 mpg or more this season.

3. odde23

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Coolguy777:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Fact or Fiction: Nick Collision averages 28 mpg or more this season.</div>

FACT. That is assuming he takes starting duties from RE like most people expect he will.

Fact or Fiction: Danny Fortson will miss at least 10 games this season without an injury due to suspention or DNP.

4. M_Cage89

M_Cage89 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Odde24:</div><div class="quote_post">FACT. That is assuming he takes starting duties from RE like most people expect he will.

Fact or Fiction: Danny Fortson will miss at least 10 games this season without an injury due to suspention or DNP.</div>

Fact: Fact. Nick, Vitaly, and...gulp...Robert Swift's increased minutes from last season will take away some floor time and work da Fort into an emotional frenzy and help him hit the 10 game mark.

Fact or Fiction? Robert Swift will show signs of becoming a quality bench player, and average 10 minutes a game.

5. Roland Hood

Roland Hood JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction: Ro Swift is still a year or two away from contributing.

Fact or Fiction: Rashard continues to improve his game, averages 22-8 and makes the All-Star team again. And he makes everyone forget about his bad toe.

6. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Fact I think he has some upside.

F or F Rashard Lewis will average over 20 a game

7. odde23

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker14:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact I think he has some upside.

F or F Rashard Lewis will average over 20 a game</div>

Fact. As you just said.

FOF, Rid plays all 82 games again.

8. legendisdope

legendisdope JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Odde24:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact. As you just said.

FOF, Rid plays all 82 games again.</div>

Fiction, I dont think he'll do it again lol....But I hope he does.

F or F, Nick Collison will average 10 ppg?

9. Coolguy777

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting legendisdope:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction, I dont think he'll do it again lol....But I hope he does.

F or F, Nick Collison will average 10 ppg?</div>

FACT- With my assumption that Nick gets the starting nod I expect him to get some looks and average right around 10-12 ppg this year.

ForF- Vitaly Potapenko starting at center will make us a stronger team then Jerome James last year.

10. odde23

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Coolguy777:</div><div class="quote_post">FACT- With my assumption that Nick gets the starting nod I expect him to get some looks and average right around 10-12 ppg this year.

ForF- Vitaly Potapenko starting at center will make us a stronger team then Jerome James last year.</div>

Fiction. VP will score more and block less making our team look different but not stronger. Neither can rebound worth a stih.

FOF, Nate McMillan will get Boos when he returns to the key.

11. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

^Yup, after leaving the franchise, I think he will.

FOF: Seattle takes the division again

12. Coolguy777

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MrJ:</div><div class="quote_post">^Yup, after leaving the franchise, I think he will.

FOF: Seattle takes the division again</div>

FACT---Minnesota should be better and Denver will be good but I dont expect them to come out as strong as they played the last half of the season.

F OR F---Seattle scores over 104 ppg under Bob Weiss run and gun plans

13. M_Cage89

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Coolguy777:</div><div class="quote_post">FACT---Minnesota should be better and Denver will be good but I dont expect them to come out as strong as they played the last half of the season.

F OR F---Seattle scores over 104 ppg under Bob Weiss run and gun plans</div>

Fiction. Phoenix 2004 we are not, regardless of any run-n-gun plans Bdub has in store.

Fact or Fiction. Vladimir Radmanovic starts next season under Weiss' new up tempo style.

14. Coolguy777

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting M_Cage89:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction. Phoenix 2004 we are not, regardless of any run-n-gun plans Bdub has in store.

Fact or Fiction. Vladimir Radmanovic starts next season under Weiss' new up tempo style.</div>

Fiction: BUT it wouldnt surprise me that much. Its him or Collison and realistically with Nicks foul trouble that hes probably going to run into it may give Weiss even more reason then Vlade and his agent whining to give vlade a shot in the starting lineup.

F or F---Johan Petro gets even less minutes then big Swify got last season.

15. odde23

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Coolguy777:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction: BUT it wouldnt surprise me that much. Its him or Collison and realistically with Nicks foul trouble that hes probably going to run into it may give Weiss even more reason then Vlade and his agent whining to give vlade a shot in the starting lineup.

F or F---Johan Petro gets even less minutes then big Swify got last season.</div>

Fiction. He might see less mpg but should play more games unless we sign another center.

FoF, Rick Brunson will be the first gaurd off the bench in this years rotation.

16. M_Cage89

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Odde24:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction. He might see less mpg but should play more games unless we sign another center.

FoF, Rick Brunson will be the first gaurd off the bench in this years rotation.</div>

Fact. I assume Rid will be sat down before Ray will, and Flip and Ray haven't been that great together. Brunson getst the nod before RM.

FoF, 2005/06 marks the 5th season in a row that Rashard Lewis' rebounding averages decrease from the previous year.

17. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Fact, he has become a putrid rebounder for his size.

F/F - Bobby will be able to hold authority over Ray when they disagree on something?

18. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

Fiction, Weiss has no power in the media spotlight, which is where Ray always takes his battles.

Fact or fiction? The Sonics bench will be as effective as last year's.

19. legendisdope

legendisdope JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Casual:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction, Weiss has no power in the media spotlight, which is where Ray always takes his battles.

Fact or fiction? The Sonics bench will be as effective as last year's.</div>

Fact, as long as Vladimir and Brunson plays well, I think those 2 guys will be our main scorers from the bench. And plus didnt we add Tre Simmons who can shoot well??..Hopefully we have a strong and deep bench.

Fact or Fiction, Seattle making the playoffs next year.

20. Roland Hood

Roland Hood JBB JustBBall Member

Fact: we make it but it comes down to the last week or so.

Fact or Fiction: last year's warm and wonderful chemistry returns for another season - gatherings at mid-court, trips to Magic Mountain, Ray taking the guys to dinner etc etc.