Sonics Going to Start Choking

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Bosnian, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Bosnian

Bosnian JBB JustBBall Member

Who Agrees I mean They Lost to Phili and Then ALmost Charlotte last night I feel some Bad Luck COming for the Sonics Maybe if they Waive Rindour and put in Murray then they would do better Just Watch though they are going to start loosing some games in the Near Future

2. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

I take that as an insult. Philadelphia is not a great team, but at the same time they aren?t a bad team that you should be ashamed to lose to. But my point is that they have been silently playing some of the best ball in the NBA. They won 7 of their last 10 games, and all three games that were lost were due to 4th quarter collapses. Not to mention, Iverson has been tearing up lately, so you should take that into account as well.

So when you look at it, in a way their on 10-game winning streak even though the record doesn?t show it. This team is a WIP and those 4th quarter collapses are what comes with being a team that?s working to come together. So saying the Sonics lost to them is a sign of the Sonics falling off is completely out of the picture.

As for the Bobcats?this is nothing to worry about as well. First and foremost, you guys won? That?s the important thing, so there nothing to worry about right there. Secondly, you have to take into consideration that the Bobcats are easily one of the most competitive teams in the league. They are not your ordinary expansion team and they even pulled of a win against the defending world champions. So how much is that telling you?

So again, the Sonics won and let me tell you that each and every night the Bobcats give a fight, and being an expansion team the opponent never see it coming. The Bobcats are catching their opponents off guard every time with their competitiveness. So all in all, there is nothing to worry about. The Sonics are still playing great ball and the only thing that they need to worry about is D-Fort temper.

3. Semmi

Semmi JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bosnian:</div><div class="quote_post">Who Agrees I mean They Lost to Phili and Then ALmost Charlotte last night I feel some Bad Luck COming for the Sonics Maybe if they Waive Rindour and put in Murray then they would do better Just Watch though they are going to start loosing some games in the Near Future</div>

Nice call on waiving Ridnour! Have you ever considered to become a basketball coach? Almoust losing means still winning, so as long as those W will keep appearing then the team is ....winning. Simple as that. Are those wins by 1,2 or 30 points that's irrelevant! And in NBA you have 82 games in regular season - it is obvious that you have winning streaks and losing streaks - no team can win every game! You have your ups and you have your downs....
    And why are everybody so conserned about Sonics falling off? Are we taking away a valuable play-off spot in West? Yes. Does some team have to miss play-offs because Seattle took their place? Probably. It is hard to take...damn it is hard for me to take that we have won 22 games and lost only 6. But that's how life goes!
    ANd please keep your voodoo stuff away from our team, then we won't have any bad luck either....I hope so...

4. Shard

Shard Hi2u

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Who Agrees I mean They Lost to Phili and Then ALmost Charlotte last night I feel some Bad Luck COming for the Sonics Maybe if they Waive Rindour and put in Murray then they would do better Just Watch though they are going to start loosing some games in the Near Future</div>
    For some reason you left out the fact that they have beaten the Spurs twice, and the T-Wolves, and the Kings.

Also, yea lets waive our thriving point guard in his second season. Good idea. [​IMG]

5. YugoRocketsFan

YugoRocketsFan BBW Member

I dont see sonics choking all i see is a 22-6 record and also how did they almost lose, they dominated in the 4th quarter so i dont know what youre talking about. Radmanovic helped a lot in the 4th

6. Bosnian

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Shard:</div><div class="quote_post">For some reason you left out the fact that they have beaten the Spurs twice, and the T-Wolves, and the Kings.

Also, yea lets waive our thriving point guard in his second season. Good idea. [​IMG]</div>

He just Isnt FIt For the Team He Messes up way too much

7. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

I'm not sure why I'm even dignifying this thread with a response.

Why is everyone so concerned with whether or not the Supes can keep it up? Are people embarrassed that they're doing better than people thought? Does it annoy people that the Sonics are doing better than they're team? If we falter we falter, but at least give them credit for where they are.

And Bosnian, can you not start every word in a post with a capital? We have that in our guidelines so it makes it easier for people to read posts.

Oh, and Ridnour > j00.

8. Shard

Shard Hi2u

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> Oh, and Ridnour > j00.</div>
    ?ber PwNaGe!!!!

9. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Supersonic:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm not sure why I'm even dignifying this thread with a response.</div>

Usually I don't feed trolls, but I'll reaspond too.

The Sonics may fall, but I believe that we have enough cushion to still make the playoffs. Worst case, we will lose homecourt. But I still see us advancing to the next round.

Ridnour seems to be getting his shooting touch back. I am a Seattle native when not at school, and over break I have gotten to see almost every game on FSN. I am starting to believe that we are a legit title contender. Both Evans and James can score in the post when isolated. If those two start putting up 7-10ppg apiece we will be unstoppable.

It's great to see James finally getting the ball. Even though he is still grabbing an unacceptably low number of boards for a 7 footer.

10. TheMatrix

TheMatrix JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Supersonic:</div><div class="quote_post">Why is everyone so concerned with whether or not the Supes can keep it up? Are people embarrassed that they're doing better than people thought? Does it annoy people that the Sonics are doing better than they're team? If we falter we falter, but at least give them credit for where they are.
    </div>

You will probably find that most people don't want their team to lose to the Sonics, who most predicted would finish at the bottom end of the West. People are waiting for Seattle to fail as they think they are overachieving and not worthy of a higher spot in the West, but I think they will go well for the rest of the season. They will have a few bumps in the road and some lower points, but it certainly won't be the horrific season many were anticipating.
    A few Sonics fans I know have been concerned about the last couple of games after such a great start, but it is a long season. They will make it to the playoffs, and how far they go will depend on their confidence. Regardless, it would still be an impressive effort in spite of the critic's predictions

11. RiverspoonJones

RiverspoonJones JBB Sonic Death Monkey

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheMatrix:</div><div class="quote_post">You will probably find that most people don't want their team to lose to the Sonics, who most predicted would finish at the bottom end of the West. People are waiting for Seattle to fail as they think they are overachieving and not worthy of a higher spot in the West, but I think they will go well for the rest of the season.</div>

Post of the god-damned millenium...

12. Bosnian

WHo is Right NOw

Huh what happend with your sonics What did I say u little kids Need to grow up and Learn the game now this thing is only going to get worse They are going to loose to Miami At home also that will make it 3 consecutive Losses I mean is that a Bad Streak or A Bad Choke

13. Shard

Shard Hi2u

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Huh what happend with your sonics What did I say u little kids Need to grow up and Learn the game now this thing is only going to get worse They are going to loose to Miami At home also that will make it 3 consecutive Losses I mean is that a Bad Streak or A Bad Choke</div>
    They lost 2 road games...come back at the end of the season to add another worthless Sonics bashing post but please do not gloat after two games. We don't need to grow up but you need to use periods and not capitalize random words. "Little kid."

14. Dr. J

Dr. J JBB JustBBall Member

Please dont talk down to the Sonics they are one of the best teams in the NBA... and we have beaten some of the best teams in the NBA so that has to mean something...right?....right.... and even if we lose to some no load teams doesn't mean anything sure its not the best thing in the world but look at the Patriots they lost to Miami and they are still one of the best teams in the NFL. I know the Sonics arent in the NFL but it is still the same concept...and take out Ridnour!!!! How can you say hes making us lose!!! Why don't you just say take out Allen or Lewis!!! You obviously aren't a Sonics fan...watch a game... thats what TV is for...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">?ber PwNaGe!!!!</div> [​IMG]

15. Bosnian

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Dr. J:</div><div class="quote_post">Please dont talk down to the Sonics they are one of the best teams in the NBA... and we have beaten some of the best teams in the NBA so that has to mean something...right?....right.... and even if we lose to some no load teams doesn't mean anything sure its not the best thing in the world but look at the Patriots they lost to Miami and they are still one of the best teams in the NFL. I know the Sonics arent in the NFL but it is still the same concept...and take out Ridnour!!!! How can you say hes making us lose!!! Why don't you just say take out Allen or Lewis!!! You obviously aren't a Sonics fan...watch a game... thats what TV is for...

[​IMG]</div>

Hah Yea I do watch a lot of Their Games Obviously I live in Seattle if you have not noticed the reason I am saying Rindour sucks is because He cant play against a quality PG Examples being Francis, Arenas, Payton I mean he can play against nobodys but when it is time to shine he can not produce and you have to like the one move he did when he jumped in the air with the ball in his hands and then when he got down he started dribbling the ball again I mean C'mon

16. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bosnian:</div><div class="quote_post">Hah Yea I do watch a lot of Their Games Obviously I live in Seattle if you have not noticed the reason I am saying Rindour sucks is because He cant play against a quality PG Examples being Francis, Arenas, Payton I mean he can play against nobodys but when it is time to shine he can not produce and you have to like the one move he did when he jumped in the air with the ball in his hands and then when he got down he started dribbling the ball again I mean C'mon</div>

Rid isn't great, yet, but He Is very good. There Are plenty of people around the league who say It on a regular basis. These are professional broadcasters, coaches, and people that played in the league. Who the hell are you?

Hey, random Capitolization is Fun.

17. Dr. J

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">These are professional broadcasters, coaches, and people that played in the league. Who the hell are you?
    </div>

Are you saying that the only people with opinions are people that are on TV? To you are people that are not on TV can't make opinions. If that is ture that, "Who the hell are you?"

18. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Dr. J:</div><div class="quote_post">Are you saying that the only people with opinions are people that are on TV? To you are people that are not on TV can't make opinions. If that is ture that, "Who the hell are you?"</div>

I do believe he was actually sticking up for Lukey.

19. flash2diesel2k5

flash2diesel2k5 JBB JustBBall Member

that signature is horrible guy.. swift? please tell me you are joking?

20. Dr. J

I know he was sticking up for Luke but I just don't like how he said I can't say anything because im not heard.