Sources: Cards agree to trade that would send Rolen to Blue Jays for Glaus

Discussion in 'American League East' started by BasX, Jan 12, 2008.

1. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The St. Louis Cardinals have reached agreement on a trade with Toronto that will send third baseman Scott Rolen to the Blue Jays for third baseman Troy Glaus, a two major league sources said.

The deal will be completed once the two players undergo physical exams Monday, the source said.

Since the trade also includes a financial component, it's also subject to the approval of commissioner Bud Selig. It's uncertain which club is receiving money in the deal, or how much cash is changing hands.

Rolen, 32, is a career .283 hitter and seven-time Gold Glove winner with Philadelphia and St. Louis. He had a well-publicized falling out with manager Tony La Russa that set in motion trade talks.

Glaus, 31, has 277 career homers in 10 seasons with the Angels, Diamondbacks and Blue Jays. He hit 20 homers and drove in 62 runs in 115 games with Toronto last season.

The trade was first reported by foxsports.com.</div>

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3193566

2. BigWilly

BigWilly kicking ass and taking names

Wow... I like what's happend so far this offseason!! I knew Glaus had to go. I just didn't think it would be so easy for J.P! Go Jays Go