Spanish Chocolate = Stud

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Shapecity, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">We got a good, hour-long look at the Blazers today, including two 10-minute scrimmages, complete with referees. You couldn't help but notice that 19-year-old rookie Sergio Rodriguez can play. He makes incredible passes in traffic, showed active hands on defense, and displayed an overall poise that is unique for a rookie.

Afterward, I asked coach Nate McMillan why I was getting the sense that Rodriguez is going to play and be a factor this season.

"I think your eyes are not lying to you,'' McMillan said. "That kid has a feel for the game. I like his pace. He has some learning to do, but he has a good pace, a confidence about him and his ability. I'm really impressed with how he's picking up our schemes - and that's offense and defense. That's due to him having a very high basketball I.Q. But your eyes are not lying to you.''</div>

Source

2. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

Although many Laker fans wanted Farmar, I really wanted to see the Lakers grab this guy. I've been reading about him and watching highlights of his games for a little while now and I feel he will be something special some day as well. I'm really looking forward to seeing him in portland, where I believe he will be able to find some playing time.

3. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Phreeze Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Although many Laker fans wanted Farmar, I really wanted to see the Lakers grab this guy. I've been reading about him and watching highlights of his games for a little while now and I feel he will be something special some day as well. I'm really looking forward to seeing him in portland, where I believe he will be able to find some playing time.</div>

Same here man. Apart of me died when the raptors didn't try and get. I mean, portland pretty much got him for cash, right? I can't believe so many teams passed on him.