Spurs 89 @ Warriors 91

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

What a game this must have been. I just got back from my bball game so I couldn't watch it. What a win for the Warriors against the defending NBA Champions. I just love how this Warriors team keeps proving the critics wrong. NVE came up huge tonite in the clutch, the very reason why the Warriors acquired him. Any comments?

2. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Nick Van Exel poured in 16 points in the fourth quarter, including the go-ahead trey with 20.9 seconds remaining in a 91-89 Warriors home win over San Antonio on Saturday. Van Exel finished with 29 points for Golden State, which won its fourth straight. The Warriors host Denver on Wed.</div>

box score

3. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

Whoa are the Spurs struggling. Get blown out by the lakers and lose a close one. This keeps the idea of the Warriors making the playoffs alive

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I'm glad to see the Spurs lose another game to a Western Conference team. The Warriors are exceeding my expectations and they are still doing all of this without Foyle and Murphy. Van Exel didn't show any rust dropping 28 tonight against one of the better defensive units in the NBA. Dampier had another monster game against a premiere big man. The 8th seed might belong to the Bay Area if they continue this type of play.

5. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

this is sort of off-topic, but has anyone realized J-Rich is averaging 20.7 PPG and 8.90 RPG

6. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ObieCent:</div><div class="quote_post">this is sort of off-topic, but has anyone realized J-Rich is averaging 20.7 PPG and 8.90 RPG</div>He is doing exactly what the Warriors have expected him to do. He's not afraid to take the shot with the game on the line. This guy is maturing before our very eyes.

7. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Golden State Warriors finally got their first glimpse of the real Nick Van Exel.

Van Exel scored 16 of his season-high 29 points in the fourth quarter, including two clutch 3-pointers in the final minutes, as the Warriors posted a 91-89 victory over the slumping San Antonio Spurs.

Van Exel has missed seven games this season as he continues to recover from offseason knee surgery and was averaging 12.1 points per contest. His previous season high was 16, a figure he matched in the fourth quarter of this one.

The veteran point guard scored all but seven of Golden State's 23 points in the final 12 minutes. In a game that featured 17 lead changes, he put the Warriors ahead for good, 90-88, on a 3-pointer with 20 seconds to go.

San Antonio's Tim Duncan had a chance to tie it but made just 1-of-2 free throws with with 10 seconds remaining. Clifford Robinson made 1-of-2 from the line for the Warriors with eight seconds left.

Duncan missed a wide-open jumper from the top of the key as time expired and the Spurs lost for just the third time in the last 25 meetings with the Warriors.

Erick Dampier posted nine points and 16 rebounds for Golden State, which has won four in a row and is off to its best start since the 1994-95 season.

Duncan had 27 points and 15 rebounds and Rasho Nesterovic had 14 and 11 as San Antonio fell to 2-6 on the road. </div>
    http://www.nba.com/games/20031129/SASGSW/recap.html

8. MVPlaya

MVPlaya JBB Banned Member

did you see the game Deezy? my friend was watchin and he and his bro exploded on the 3 pointer off the screen

9. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Great game by the Warriors, they'll be right up there with Seattle, Houston and Phoenix fighting for the 7th and 8th seeds. Denver too maybe, but I doubt they can hold it.

I still say Dallas made a mistake in trading Van Exel, this guy is clutch.

10. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MVPlaya:</div><div class="quote_post">did you see the game Deezy? my friend was watchin and he and his bro exploded on the 3 pointer off the screen</div>I couldn't watch the game, I had a game of my own. I saw the highlights though. I would've been going crazy during this one. NVE is a clutch player, I have no idea why the Mavs let go of him...and I don't care.[​IMG]

11. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

It looks like Nick is back...Didn't see the game so I can't judge the Spurs performance or the Warriors...When is Murphy back?

12. Chucksta

Chucksta JBB JustBBall Member

What a 3 from NVE!!

13. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">It looks like Nick is back...Didn't see the game so I can't judge the Spurs performance or the Warriors...When is Murphy back?</div>It is really a mystery. It all depends on Troy Murphy and when he feels no pain. They are hoping to get him back in late December, definately in Jan. The sooner the better. I can't wait to see what this team is capable of at full strength.

14. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

haha this is off topic, but did anyone see Tim Duncan push the referee down? I think he shoudl have gotten ejected for doing that, I mean I've seen coaches (Jerry Sloan for example) get thrown out of the game just for touching or bumping the refs. Duncan used two hands to push off on the ref... oh well the Warriors still won [​IMG] They continue to prove everybody wrong (except me and the other Warriors fans of course), and have won four straight now. LETS GO WARRIORS!

15. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting kobeonfire:</div><div class="quote_post">They continue to prove everybody wrong (except me and the other Warriors fans of course), and have won four straight now. LETS GO WARRIORS!</div>Isn't it beautiful?[​IMG]

The Warriors have won four in a row...lets make it five against the Nuggets.

16. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

I saw the game, and man was I happy for those Warriors. The kind of shot Van Exel took was like if he didn't make it everyone would be saying "what the hell kind of shot was that." But he made it, I was going crazy. He came off the screen and knocked it down in Bowen's eye with confidence, crowd went crazy. Great game, big win for the Warriors. Didn't realize J-Rich was avg those kind of numbers.

17. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

Oh yeah about the other thing I was saying (Duncan pushing the ref..), he was suspended for one game by the NBA office for pushing the ref.

18. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

Big win for both the Warriors and the Western Conference. If the Spurs keep losing to easy teams, and now that Duncan is suspended a game, I sense an implosion, although champs never go down easy. I have a hunch that S.A. will come back strong later in the season after the slow start..

19. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting the MDE:</div><div class="quote_post">Big win for both the Warriors and the Western Conference. If the Spurs keep losing to easy teams, </div>Easy teams? The Warriors are 8-7 and are far from an "easy team".

20. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Easy teams? The Warriors are 8-7 and are far from an "easy team".</div>

This proves your point that the Warriors truely are underrated.