Spurs are the true number one seed in the West because.....

Discussion in 'San Antonio Spurs' started by SportsAnalyzer, Apr 5, 2003.

1. SportsAnalyzer

SportsAnalyzer JBB JustBBall Member

they ave proven they can beat any East team at their house, the beat the Kings 3 times ths year, They beat the Lakers 4 times, they beat Dallas 2 times, and jus have too many offensive weapons. I ust don't see what team in the West can beat the Spurs 4 times in a 7 game series. Spurs are the team to beat.

2. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I agree with you in a way with the Spurs but the Mavs and Lakers are the favorites right now. The Lakers are three time champions and KOBE is playing MVP type ball. The Mavericks are just great at the full court game. They are like Kansas. They push the ball up the court every time and are darn good at it. The Spurs are almost too predictable. They go to Tim Duncan on the left block every time. That being said, if Parker and Ginobili play like we know they can and Robinson plays his role then they sure might be the team to beat. However IMO the Lakers are the team to beat right now. They have proven they can dominate in the playoffs year in and year out. They are too good in the playoofs to be stopped.

3. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

mI w3ould not want to face the spurs in the playoffs.

4. Mel JBB

Mel JBB JBB Webmaster

the spurs got absolute steals in ginobili and parker. the spurs definitely have a good shot.

i disagree about the mavs. they don't have the mental toughness yet...they were knocked out of the playoffs last year by the kings (to a gamewinner by bibby, if i remember correctly, and they choked against the lakers earlier this season.

the mavs are very good but the lakers/spurs/kings are better in the playoffs.

5. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Spurs are only a half game back from the Mavs now, saying that Mavs are playing Orlando who havent played T-Mac so far and it's near the end of the 1st quarter. Spurs are on a 8 game winning streak and I think they are better than Dallas. Why because Duncan and Robinson are and Shawn Bradley is nothing much and Raef get's to many fouls :cry: Get him back to Denver and he'll be good again.

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Spurs have been great this season, but I don't think they can beat the Queens or the Lakers in the playoffs.

The Mavs actually have a losing record against the current teams in the playoffs so I would not consider them the favorites anymore.
    The Mavs are more likely to see a first round exit courtesy of the Lakers.

The Spurs have a chance, but David Robinson is not healthy and the outside shooting of the Spurs is inconsistent. They do have the most momentum going into the playoffs, and that usually equals to post season success.

7. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

Spurs are my favourite. Check the signature.

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I thought you were a raptors fan? i've been a spurs fan forever...i grew up watching them in texas.I'm also very good friends with one of the spurs main players.So good to see them playing so well...should get the 1st seed

9. SCBrian

SCBrian JBB JustBBall Member

until the Lakers get knocked out of the playoffs...they are still the team to beat...because they are the guys with 3 straight titles...

10. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

Phi_Slamma_Jamma JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Mel":</div><div class="quote_post">the spurs got absolute steals in ginobili and parker. the spurs definitely have a good shot.

i disagree about the mavs. they don't have the mental toughness yet...they were knocked out of the playoffs last year by the kings (to a gamewinner by bibby, if i remember correctly, and they choked against the lakers earlier this season.

the mavs are very good but the lakers/spurs/kings are better in the playoffs.</div>

if the mavs get the first seed in the playoffs and end up playing the rockets, i think the mavs could make it to the finals in the west (assuming the t-wolves beat the blazers)

11. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

AllNet who are you friends with?

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">AllNet who are you friends with?</div>

Stephen jackson...i've played ball with him and also malik rose..was pretty cool.I've spoke to steph quite abit since december when i saw iike 5 straight spurs home games.Havn't been on touch with him for a few weeks though..as he is quite busy with this being the important time of the season and all

13. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

spurs are now in 1st seed in the west after the win over the blazers and dallas back to back losses

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] GO SPURS!!

14. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

it really dose not matter what number you are because the true #1 seed is back the lakers are going to prove to all that they are the really team to beat in the playoffs.

15. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Spurs will take care of those lakers come playoff time if L.A even get that far..spurs are the best NBA team period....4-0 sweep this season.remember?

16. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">Spurs will take care of those lakers come playoff time if L.A even get that far..spurs are the best NBA team period....4-0 sweep this season.remember?</div>

There is a big difference between the season and the playoffs, some of the best players on the spurs have not been in the big game, while only 2 lakers players have not been in a big game(but they are not important)

17. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Don't know if you realised but spurs are a different team to the last few seasons while lakers havn't really improved...duncan is playing better while the role players are doing great and the best i've seen do for a long time at the spurs.The defence has been excellent which is what you need in the playoffs.

But we shall see come playoff time..

18. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

If the Spurs can beat the Lakers, hats off to them. I would rather them represent the West instead of Dallas or Sac. I like how the Spurs have built their team and I'd like to see D-Rob get another ring if the Lakers are defeated. I still think the Spurs need one more consistent scorer to take pressure off TD. Tony Parker and Stephen Jax are still a year away of being consistent scoring threats, especially in the post season. The Spurs are playing the best basketball right now, but their confidence has been shaken before in the playoffs, and if they face the Lakers and drop 1 or 2 games at home, you might see a collapse.