St. Louis Cardinals vs New York Mets

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rex Grossman 8, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Fuck the Mets. [​IMG]

2. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Mets in 5. :thumbsup:

3. Jenkz

Jenkz NFLC nflcentral.net Member

No way,its gonna be alot closer series than most think. Cards have the pitching and their offense is starting to come around a bit while the Mets have almost no pitching and a stellar offense. The better pitching team is gonna win this series AND the World Series.

4. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jenkz @ Oct 8 2006, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No way,its gonna be alot closer series than most think. Cards have the pitching and their offense is starting to come around a bit while the Mets have almost no pitching and a stellar offense. The better pitching team is gonna win this series AND the World Series.</div>The Cardinals have Chris Carpenter, who won't pitch now until at least Game 3 and then a bunch of Terrible starting pitching alongside him. Sorry dude, but your kidding yourself if you think the Mets Offense won't tear apart Jeff Weaver, Jeff Suppan, and Jason Marquis just like they do to all Mediocre at best Right-Handed Pitchers. Once you guys lost Mark Mulder down to injury you lost this series IMO, as the Mets only really struggle against Left-Handed Pitching. Plus, The Cardinals bullpen is seriously hurt without an Injured Jason Isringhausen, as Late in a Playoff Game, if you guys do have a lead, do you really trust Wainwright in a Big Spot? And to be honest, even with Isringhausen they arent Close to as Good as the Mets Bullpen has been....The Mets have the Best Bullpen in Baseball, having 8 Relievers with an ERA of 3.62 or lower, and 5 Relievers with an ERA Under 3 .... And That's not even including the Injured Duaner Sanchez. With a bullpen like that, It allows the Mets Starting Pitching to go 4.1, 6 and 3.1 Innings like they did in the Divisional Series on route to allowing only 3 Runs. Our Starting Pitching will be on an extremely short leash and will be pulled after the First Sign of Trouble. John Maine and Steve Trachsel have been argueably our best 2 Starting Pitchers this entire season, even with a healthy Pedro and El Duque, so im not really concerned about them as I have full confidence in them. And while Steve Trachsel and Oliver Perez are questionable, they have gotten Great Run Support all season long and will be on that extremly short leash as I mentioned above and wont be allowed to give up 3-4 Runs.My predicition is that the Mets will take the First 2 Games, lose Game 3 (The Game Chris Carpenter pitches vs. Trachsel/Perez), and then win the Other 2. You're right. The Team with the better pitching will win, but I'm pretty sure that team is the Mets.

5. GotSkillz92

GotSkillz92 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

mETS in 4.

6. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Go Cardinals!Sorry, blood is thick and my cousin plays for the Cardinals.

7. Rex Grossman 8

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Oct 9 2006, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Go Cardinals!Sorry, blood is thick and my cousin plays for the Cardinals.</div>Who's your cousin on the Cardinals?

8. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rex Grossman 8 @ Oct 9 2006, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Oct 9 2006, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Go Cardinals!Sorry, blood is thick and my cousin plays for the Cardinals.</div>Who's your cousin on the Cardinals?</div>Randy Fucking Flores, who else?

9. Rex Grossman 8

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Oct 9 2006, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rex Grossman 8 @ Oct 9 2006, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Oct 9 2006, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Go Cardinals!Sorry, blood is thick and my cousin plays for the Cardinals.</div>Who's your cousin on the Cardinals?</div>Randy Fucking Flores, who else?</div>That's still pretty cool. No matter what.

10. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Oct 9 2006, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rex Grossman 8 @ Oct 9 2006, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Oct 9 2006, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Go Cardinals!Sorry, blood is thick and my cousin plays for the Cardinals.</div>Who's your cousin on the Cardinals?</div>Randy Fucking Flores, who else?</div>Boring. Should've been Pujols!Floyd out for the post-season. Smooth move trading Nady.

11. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Oct 9 2006, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Floyd out for the post-season. Smooth move trading Nady.</div>Mets havent said anything about Floyd being out for the Post-season. Anything you have heard is just speculation at this point in time as they've just shut him down for a few days and are going to Re-evaluate the Condition of his leg likely Wednesday Morning to see if it is in Playable Condition or Not. Cliff Floyd has said himself he hopes to be back at the very least as a DH for the World Series and hopefully they havent yet ruled him out for playing in the NLCS either.Either way though, the Mets Offense will be just fine If Endy Chavez is in there instead, As you could make the case that hes the Better Player Right Now Considering how banged up Cliff Floyd is. Endy Chavez - .306/.348/.431, 4 HR, 42 RBI, 12 Stolen Bases, 48 Runs, and Gold Glove Caliber Defense. (353 AB)Cliff Floyd - .244/.324/.407, 11 HR, 44 RBI, 6 Stolen Bases, 45 Runs, Decent Defensively (332 AB)The Difference without Floyd is that the Mets have a Weaker Bench and Less Power in the Lineup, but they are Stronger at Contact Hitting, Faster and will play Better Defense. Not exactly a bad trade off. :thumbsup: PS: The Xavier Nady trade is completely irrelevant at this point in time, as the Mets made up for that move by trading for Shawn Green. :whistling:

12. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Oct 9 2006, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rex Grossman 8 @ Oct 9 2006, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Oct 9 2006, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Go Cardinals!Sorry, blood is thick and my cousin plays for the Cardinals.</div>Who's your cousin on the Cardinals?</div>Randy Fucking Flores, who else?</div>Are you serious??P.S. FUCK THE CARDINALS!!

13. GotSkillz92

Mark My WordsThe Mets will sweep in the cards. You heard it here first.

14. Rex Grossman 8

[quote name='GotSkillz92' post='72274' date='Oct 10 2006, 02:22 PM']Mark My WordsThe Mets will sweep in the cards. You heard it here first.[/quote]Mets better have some pitching or else they won't be going anywhere. Hell, i trust Adam Wainwright over Billy Wagner in the 9th inning.[quote name='Moose87' post='72255' date='Oct 10 2006, 12:07 PM'][quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='72132' date='Oct 9 2006, 01:58 PM'][quote name='Rex Grossman 8' post='72124' date='Oct 9 2006, 11:38 AM'][quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='72123' date='Oct 9 2006, 12:36 PM']Go Cardinals!Sorry, blood is thick and my cousin plays for the Cardinals.[/quote]Who's your cousin on the Cardinals?[/quote]Randy Fucking Flores, who else?[/quote]Are you serious??P.S. FUCK THE CARDINALS!![/quote]Poor, poor Cubs fan. :LMAO:

15. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rex Grossman 8 @ Oct 10 2006, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotSkillz92 @ Oct 10 2006, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Mark My WordsThe Mets will sweep in the cards. You heard it here first.</div>Mets better have some pitching or else they won't be going anywhere. Hell, i trust Adam Wainwright over Billy Wagner in the 9th inning.</div>Are you serious?Just look at what Wags has done the Past 4 months. Lights Out.Post All-Star Break - 1.99 ERA, 1.11 WHIP, 22 of 23 in Save Opportunities. Round 1 of Playoffs - 3 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 4 K, 2 of 2 in Save Opportunities.Id take somebody making saves at a 96% rate as of late over anybody else not named Mariano Rivera :thumbsup:

16. Jon_Vilma

[quote name='Moose87' post='72255' date='Oct 10 2006, 10:07 AM'][quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='72132' date='Oct 9 2006, 01:58 PM'][quote name='Rex Grossman 8' post='72124' date='Oct 9 2006, 11:38 AM'][quote name='Jon_Vilma' post='72123' date='Oct 9 2006, 12:36 PM']Go Cardinals!Sorry, blood is thick and my cousin plays for the Cardinals.[/quote]Who's your cousin on the Cardinals?[/quote]Randy Fucking Flores, who else?[/quote]Are you serious??P.S. FUCK THE CARDINALS!![/quote]Yeah. He's my Grandma's Nephew. AKA My Mother's 1st-Cousin.

17. Rex Grossman 8

Mets have one hit through 5 vs Weaver. :LMAO:

18. GotSkillz92

Beltran just blasted a 2 run hr. hahaaha. we up 2-0 and Glavine is pitching a gem. Game 1 is ours.

19. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Mets won Game 1 2-0 after a good game by Tom Glavine and a Carlos Beltran Home Run. [​IMG]

20. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Albert Pujols is crying :whistling: <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>"He wasn't good. He wasn't good at all," Pujols said of Glavine, who threw seven innings of four-hit ball for the victory. "I think we hit the ball hard, we didn't get some breaks."I say he wasn't good at all. We just didn't get some opportunities and that's it. . . . (Glavine did the) same thing that he always does. Throw a changeup, fastball and that was it. I just think we should've done a better job than we did."</div>