St Louis game

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Ranger71, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

He's 18 and has a bright future, but I'm really getting fed up with Kakko not shooting the freaking puck and fumbling it away.

2. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

I agree. Kid has talent but I’m getting dizzy watching him skate in circles also

3. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Yeah, he tries to make too many moves. He needs to make one and shoot quick with his shot. He'll figure it 0ut. Buchnevich on the other hand is a dumb fuck and has to be dealt.

4. Ranger71

I could see them dealing Buchnevich at the draft or during next season.

5. kreidertime

Love Hank but put him in the stands and play Shesterkin every game. Deal Georgiev for a lot.

mrmel29 likes this.
  6. Ranger71

As long as they still have 3 goalies around i think Lundqvist is going to have less focus than usual but i may be wrong. Especially with the team not in playoff position.

7. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Agreed. No reason to sit Igor at this point, I get Hank is still 'the guy' but he is not long for that role. Igor is the future and until he does something to deserve a benching barring the occassional night off you roll with him

8. kreidertime

I've been trying to tell dopes on other boards that size on defense freakin matters. As well as up front. You saw it in this game. Lemieux is a guy that would have been valuable against a team like the Blues. Yeah, DeAngelo blows on defense. Thus why I've felt all along he will get dealt at the deadline. Lundkvist is not big but he's pretty high end defensively with puck skills to boot.

9. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Hank didn't look sharp last night but not surprising, makes no sense to play him now. The Blues play old school grinding hockey, the Rangers don't have the personnel to match that style. Trouba was a great signing, 1st dman to 100 shots/100 hits/60 blocks was hoping he'd rub off on the youth. Size hurts Tony D when the crease has to be cleared, his trade value is high enough to latch a Staal or Smith. Gorton needs to get it done.

10. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

I'd expect Georgiev to get dealt before the DL. The Rangers need to get an NHL ready forward prospect, and if they do I make the deal. I would expect Tony D to get dealt as well, maybe Fast, and I still think Kreider is likely to be dealt given he'll want 6 or 7 years at 6 mill + per.