Start Pointing Fingers?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by ZeroToOne50182, Feb 13, 2004.

1. ZeroToOne50182

ZeroToOne50182 JBB JustBBall Member

Blazers have dropped Two Straight now.. Last night with a 107-98 loss to Carmelo Anthony and the Denver Nuggets at Home.

[​IMG]
    Pts Rebs Ast
    27 6 3

[​IMG]
    Pts Rebs Ast
    20 12 3

Veshon Lennard scored 31 points and Nene pulled down 9 rebounds..

Zach Randolph was held under 10 points. Which does not always happen. Damon had 9 points to go along with his 12 assits.. New Blazers Theo Ratliff and SAR proved that they are here to contribute.. SAR pulled down 12 Rebounds and scored 20 points. While Theo Ratliff scored 14 points, pulled down 10 rebounds and made 4 blocks. Both players came off the bench.. Darius Miles and Derek Anderson scored 15 and 17 points each and had their fair share of Rebounds and Assists..
    "Tonight we were out of sync and a lot of that was players not knowing each other," coach Maurice Cheeks said. "But I look forward to the task. I like the mixture of players we have. In time they'll get better." - Maurice Cheeks

In my opinion.. SAR And Theo played very well.. Lets not start to point fingers.. Because like Cheeks said, they where probably not adjusted to each other yet.. Look at Stephon Marbury and the Knicks.. It took awhile to get adjusted, but now they are winning.. I think in a couple games after everyone gets adjusted, this is going to be one dominate team.. Not only that Zach played 32 minutes and only scored 8 points.. He pulled down 8 rebounds too but hes our scoring load.. Its going to be interesting to see that if Zach aint doing it, we have SAR.. If SAR aint doing it, we have Zach.. I think this could fair well for us if we get to the playoffs too..

2. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    This team has now been transformed to third-best in the Pacific. I see them going far. A little obstacle should not be a boulder in their paths, I expect them to get over it soon and start living up to their potential.

3. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

Does anyone think that SAR is maybe taking shots away from Zach? I would be building around Randolph....not SAR. This is not building around Randolph, hell, when Zachs contract goes up he may leave because of SAR. Is this what the Blazers wanted?

I stick with what I said before. The Blazers did not help themselves with this trade. They acquired two talents don't get me wrong...but they haven't addressed their real needs.

I would be surprised if another trade didn't follow this one.

4. ANiMuS

ANiMuS JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think yesterday's game was an example of SAR taking shots from Randolph. From what I saw, Randolph just played poorly; hell he had almost as many turnovers as shot attempts. SAR and Ratliff were keeping them in the game.

5. ZeroToOne50182

ZeroToOne50182 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ANiMuS:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think yesterday's game was an example of SAR taking shots from Randolph. From what I saw, Randolph just played poorly; hell he had almost as many turnovers as shot attempts. SAR and Ratliff were keeping them in the game.</div>
    Yeah Randolph is up there in Turnovers.. One of his flaws..

I cant see the game so I wouldnt know about it.. But I hope SAR isnt taking shots away from Zach.. Hes coming off the bench for christ-sake..

6. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

I think this is a lost year for the Blazers, simply because there has been too much transition for the ballclub...they've done a great job emptying the malcontents and negative energy (Wells, Wallace, etc), but they are too far behind to make a serious playoff run...