starting 5

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by DirtySouth, Jul 14, 2003.

1. DirtySouth

DirtySouth JBB JustBBall Member

1. Claxton or daniels/ gaines
    2.T-mac/bogans/sasser
    3.gordan/garrity
    4./gooden/garrity
    5.howard/hunter

Do y'all see howard playing center or small forward? I hope they leave drew at the 4 that is where he plays best?

2. Truemaster14

Truemaster14 JBB JustBBall Member

PG-Gaines(depends on who we sign)
    SG-Tracy Mcgrady/Jeryl Sasser
    SF-Gordan Giricek/Keith Bogans
    PF- Drew Gooden/Pat Garrity
    C-Juwan Howard/Steven Hunter

3. TMac#1Fan

TMac#1Fan JBB JustBBall Member

i dont c darrell on there

4. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

darell is a free agent, i don't see him going anywhere, but he might leave.

juwan is gonna be our center. him and drew are going to switch off on defense for pf/c.

5. GatorsowntheNCAA

the paper mentioned this starting lineup a couple days ago.

pg-to be announced
    sg-tmac
    sf-howard
    pf-gooden
    c-declerq

i don't like it that much(the TBA, will be tyronn lue, now that we signed him today.

this should be our starting lineup.

pg-reece gaines-we need him to get experience on the pro level
    sg-tmac-MVP!!!!MVP!!!!!MVP!!!!
    sf-juwan howard-will make match up problems for other teams sf, but then will cause matchup problems with his lack of defense.l
    pf-drew gooden-gotta start him here after last year's playoff performance against big ben.
    c-steven hunter or zaza pachilia- hunter needs to get some experience, he has loads of potential, he just needs experience to reach his peak. after zaza's summer league performance, he deserves a shot at starting for the magic.

6. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac#1Fan:</div><div class="quote_post">i dont c darrell on there</div>

Darrell has really changed, first he gets arrested for beatin on a female cop. Now he wants more money...about 4 million a year and hes 35. The orlando sentinel had an article about Armstrong and this is part of what he had to say-It came off as very cocky to me
    "Tyronn is a good point guard. He won a championship with the Lakers, but I don't know if he even comes halfway close to doing the things I do," Armstrong said. "And I got offended when I heard someone call Speedy Claxton 'a young Darrell Armstrong.' Ain't no way in hell. He hasn't done enough in the NBA to be called 'a young Darrell Armstrong.' "

7. GatorsowntheNCAA

i didn't read that. damn darrell, just shut your mouth and resign with us.

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"Tyronn is a good point guard. He won a championship with the Lakers, but I don't know if he even comes halfway close to doing the things I do," Armstrong said. "And I got offended when I heard someone call Speedy Claxton 'a young Darrell Armstrong.' Ain't no way in hell. He hasn't done enough in the NBA to be called 'a young Darrell Armstrong.' "</div>

Has he been hanging around with Damon Stoudamaire? [​IMG]

9. GatorsowntheNCAA

lue will more than likely be our starter at pg until gaines gets used to the nba level and gains experience.

10. Ice

Ice JBB Member

i just saw on the news that drew gooden is now moved to the 3 spot. Thats bad news considering he did so bad in memphis out of position. So the starting lineup will look like this
    Tyronn Lue----Reece Gaines
    Tmac----Keith Bogans
    Drew Gooden--Gordan Giricek
    Juwan Howard-- Pat Garity
    Andrew DeClercq---Steven Hunter, Zaur Pachulia
    Correct me if im wrong about the bench players

11. GatorsowntheNCAA

that looks about right other than sasser will backup pg/sg also. i hope that we play hunter/zaza at center and bring declerq off the bench. we would have a very high energy bench, like how we did in the 95 season. i also hope gaines will be good enough to start at pg for most of the season. and bring lue off the bench with declerq, garrity, giricek, hunter/zaza.

12. Ice

Ice JBB Member

yeah if we did that we'd have one of the top benches in the league. But gooden should really start at PF

13. GatorsowntheNCAA

gooden and howard will flip flop at sf/pf from what it looks like, so you can't really say that gooden will only play sf and howard will play pf, because sometimes, depending on the matchup gooden will play pf and howard will play sf, etc.

here's how i want the magic to look like
    starters
    pg- gaines, we need to play our rookies, he's our pg of the future so we need to see how he stacks up starting against the top pg's

sg-tmac, don't have to say anything here

sf-howard, he will create a lot of matchup problems with sf that can't guard him, but it's the same, he can't guard other sf's.

pf-gooden, he needs to get around 38-40 minutes this year. he should be our #2 option to see how he can do in his 1st full season in orlando.

c-zaza pachilia, same as gaines. he's our rookie, we need to play him and hopefully he can work out great for us. we need to see how he handles starting against the other centers.

bench
    pg-tyronn lue, he will be a high energy guy off the bench who can shoot and play defense. he will likely start at the beginning of the year

pg/sg-jeryl sasser, he hopefully will improve his shot and get some minutes this year, stopping bigger pg's and sg's.

sg/sf-gordan giricek, he will play big minutes as our 6th man. he brings shooting and defense and slashing to help free up tmac.

sg/sf-keith bogans, i personally don't think he will get too many minutes, but i hope i'm wrong, he's the same as zaza and gaines, he's our rookie, we need to see how he stacks up against other sg/sf.

pf-pat garrity, he will be very effective and get more open looks as a reserve.

pf/c- andrew declerq, will bring plenty of energy and emotion and will be a force off the bench, on the rebounding and defensive side, he will also likely start at the beginning of the year.

c-steven hunter, he showed what he can do at the end of the season last year and showed some promise. he's 1 of our 2 7 footers and he can bring some emotion and defense off of our bench. i hope that either him or zaza will start at center for us this year.

i might have forgot someone, just remind me if i did and i'll add a description for them too.