Starting Lineup?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by jbbSpree, Jul 29, 2003.

1. jbbSpree

jbbSpree JBB JustBBall Member

Who do you think should start for the wolves? with the latest roster i think the lineup is prettey much set, but do u think Cassel will go straight to starting or Hudson? Together they bring so much talent to the back court, there so strong offensively but how will the rotation go.. Hudson averaged somewhere around 30 mins last season and was a crucial factor in the crunch having his highest scoring season, it will be hard to keep that up with Cassell in town.. heres my starters just for the beggining of the season.. once the season gets closer it will be clearer

G - Sam Cassel (i think he's too established to come off the bench)
    SG - Latrell Sprewell (my man is gunna rip it with Cassell, Spree is unselfish and he wants to win)
    SF - Wally Scerbiak (will take the easier defensive tasks)
    PF - Kevin Garnett (running the show)
    C - Michael Olowakandi (could learn alot from KG, im expecting big thinks from the Kandi man..he hasn't quite been able to prove himself)

Bench:
    Troy Hudson - (could easily be a starter.. one of my team favs)
    Mark Madsen - (guess we'll have to wait and see)
    Kendal Gill - (veteran leadership, experience)

im sure the roster will change.. the wolves have 6 free agents and are looking to partially rebuild and use good players as bait for KG to resign the season after next..

2. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

That is one good starting lineup...so balanced, they might make it out of the first round this year...One problem is their depth.

3. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

I think they are going to fix their depth

4. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

As far as I know Cassell will be starting

5. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

If Cassell doesnt start there is a huge problem. He is use to starting and he is clearly better than Hudson. I think they will have the same starters as Spree mentioned. I think they have the most balanced starting line-up in the league. Their starters might be awesome, but that bench needs some serious work. Signing Peeler might help them out some in that area.

6. t-mac

t-mac JBB JustBBall Member

well in my opinion cassel is the most underated pg in the L at the moment so this will definetly help out the t-wolves, i also think the additions of spree and kandi have made the team a real championship contender! i say congrats to the management of the t-wolves for putting together what could possibly b a championship team

7. BucksFan-InPain

BucksFan-InPain JBB JustBBall Member

Sam I am

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting t-mac:</div><div class="quote_post">well in my opinion cassel is the most underated pg in the L at the moment so this will definetly help out the t-wolves, i also think the additions of spree and kandi have made the team a real championship contender! i say congrats to the management of the t-wolves for putting together what could possibly b a championship team</div>
    Believe me, T-Wolves fans are going to LOVE Cassell. I know I loved having him with the Bucks. The guy has a great handle, can break people down, and is one of the most clutch players in the league, period. The reason why he doesn't get the recognition he deserves is his PR (and I think he's deserved to be an All-Star the last couple of years). He's a bad interview, and he often calls his players/staff out when they've done something he doesn't agree with(publicly too).

That said, he's such a competitor. He's jawing all game long at his opponent, the refs and even the coaches. It's great. Two quotes about Cassell which I believe hold true...

"I wasn't traded to Minnesota to sit on the bench" - Sam

"Sam only knows a handful of our plays, and those plays that he does know, he doesn't run." - George Karl

8. jbbSpree

jbbSpree JBB JustBBall Member

i know im pumped up to see cassell, and according to an interview with Spree he said he's spoken to Sam and that they are very enthusiastic about playing in the backcourt together and they are both such fierce competitors.. you know what else i read. This is going to be one of the most exciting seasons in the NBA in a long time. Like the nba wasnt exciting enough.. i can't wait 2 get underway! 5 straight seasons ive gone for the knicks.. but im stickin by the wolves this year

9. VinsanityMK

VinsanityMK JBB JustBBall Member

holy crap, the wolves should be so wicked next season.... they also have Troy Hudson to backup Sam Cassell... sweeeet!

10. twolvefan11

Did you just relize that B-Ball215? It is hard to realize that the Wolves have gotten that good in one summer though, so I don't blame you.

11. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

they should get out of the 1st round, barring a matchup with the lakers again.

12. twolvefan11

I would love to see the Lakers vs Wolves in the WCF. That would probably get better ratings than the finals.

13. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

yeah, the WCF will get better ratings than the finals, IMO.

14. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting twolvefan11:</div><div class="quote_post">I would love to see the Lakers vs Wolves in the WCF. That would probably get better ratings than the finals.</div>

I would love to see that series to. That will be the true NBA finals right there. I also agree that Sam Cassell is one of the most undervalued players in the league. He can completly turna game areound single handedly. He is a clutch player, has good handles and really knows how to run a team. If they need a last second shot this year, Minnesota's coach has to love the fact that he can give it to either Cassell and Garnett and they will most likely make it. Im so pumped up about this season for the Wolves. :mrgreen: