Steal Of The Draft?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by B.e., Jun 24, 2004.

1. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

I would have to say Jameer to Orlando that will be huge but than again he would probally have to come off the bech if the Rocket trade goes through.

Also I think my team got a steal in drafting Andre Iguodala,some people expected the Bulls to take him, and I was very suprised the Raps didnt take him but I am very happy they didnt!

2. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    I believe Toronto made a good selection, but it wasn't a steal as no one expected that to happen, heh. The biggest steals of the night are the 76ers grabbing Iguadala, and Seattle getting Swift before Boston. They could really take him and build him, or trade him away to one of the many teams that want him.

3. TMac_OwNz

TMac_OwNz JBB JustBBall Member

Jameer Nelson of course..what was Miami thinking...anyways I think the winners of this draft(Besides the Bobcats) are the Chicago Bulls...wow they got Ben Gordon,Loul Deng, Vroman and Duhon? whoa...Congrats to both Bulls and Bobcats.

4. bhl

bhl JBB JustBBall Member

Bulls definitely pulled some great moves tonight that made me very happy to be a Bulls fan.

5. Triple Dubble

Triple Dubble JBB JustBBall Member

I'm pretty shocked that the Bobcats did not land Nelson. When they first mentioned Denver moving Nelson to another team, I thought the Bobcats would be the likely candidate. The Bobcats do not have a point guard on their team and Nelson would be a great fit for them. Orlando trades a future first-round pick for Nelson? Why couldn't Charlotte do that? Especially with the many future first-round picks they have acquired in various trades, they could have sent one of them to Denver... I don't understand. Bickerstaff was really interested in getting Nelson. The Bobcats better pick up a really good point guard in free agency or they will be pretty weak in that part of their roster.

Steal of the draft is definitely Okafor. Okafor should have definitely been the first pick. Okafor will be a great fit in Charlotte. But they still need a point guard...

6. og15

og15 JBB *********

Jameer Nelson to Orlando
    Luol Deng to the Bulls at #7
    The Raptors pick was not a steal.
    Peter John Ramos to the Wizards in the second round was also a good one.

7. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">The Raptors pick was not a steal.</div>

No, really? [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I believe Toronto made a good selection, but it wasn't a steal as no one expected that to happen.</div>

8. shunt

shunt JBB JustBBall Member

Yah, the Miami deal was foolishness....Im not a big
    Jameer fan, but skiping him made no sense whatsoever.

9. Triple Dubble

Triple Dubble JBB JustBBall Member

Also I think the Sixers getting Iguodala was a steal. Many mocks had him going at #3 to Chicago. The Sixers did well in getting Iguodala.

No one in this draft really stands out as a real "steal" though.

10. wtwalker77

wtwalker77 JBB JustBBall Member

Pavel going #21 will either be a footnote in the nba draft or it will go down as the greatest steal in history. Just imagine Shaq or Yao going #21, it could be that big.

11. Birdman33

Birdman33 JBB JustBBall Member

Blake Stepp, No. 58, Minnesota. Nice pick that late.

12. NikeHoops3

NikeHoops3 JBB JustBBall Member

Bulls grabbing Ben Gordan, Luol Deng, and Chris Duhon

13. CUSA Fan

CUSA Fan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting wtwalker77:</div><div class="quote_post">Pavel going #21 will either be a footnote in the nba draft or it will go down as the greatest steal in history. Just imagine Shaq or Yao going #21, it could be that big.</div>

Word to that. I had him going at #5 and I can't believe he fell to #21. Just too low for him to fall. Someone said he's nothing but a tall tree and won't be anything, but we'll see.

Winners of today in this draft, Utah would have been top but instead they dished off Pavel. Chicago and Atlanta I think had the best drafts.

14. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I think the steal of the draft was Jameer Nelson. So many teams just kept passing up on him and I couldn't believe it. Miami, who needs a back up, passed on him. Portland, who needs a back up, passed on him and took a high schooler not even half as ready as him. So, all in all, it confused me. I was pretty unhappy about him going that low as I felt he got massively crapped on.

15. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

the ramos selection is a steal since he's potential without a guranteed contract. i think it was absurd that orlando didn't select him with the first pick in the second round, but thats what happens when u have a hockey guy running your basketball operations. however, the biggest steal in the draft is the most obvious one, okafur going to the bobcats. okafur=alonzo mourning?

16. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac_OwNz:</div><div class="quote_post">Jameer Nelson of course..what was Miami thinking...anyways I think the winners of this draft(Besides the Bobcats) are the Chicago Bulls...wow they got Ben Gordon,Loul Deng, Vroman and Duhon? whoa...Congrats to both Bulls and Bobcats.</div>

A little side note here for ya. In order for the Bulls to get Deng, they traded Vroman. So, in all actuality, they drafted him, but, he's already gone. Sorry to burst your bubble.

17. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">the ramos selection is a steal since he's potential without a guranteed contract. i think it was absurd that orlando didn't select him with the first pick in the second round, but thats what happens when u have a hockey guy running your basketball operations. however, the biggest steal in the draft is the most obvious one, okafur going to the bobcats. okafur=alonzo mourning?</div>

I don't think OKAFOR (please spell his name correctly [​IMG] ), was a steal. I think most people knew that it was a toss up between him and Dwight to go first. So, I don't think calling him a steal works out well. Also, a steal doesn't go 2nd in the draft. You get steals later in the draft. Like, late, late first round or in the 2nd round. So, yea, I don't think Okafor going #2 was a steal. It was expected by some for him to go there, I wasn't one of those people.

18. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

Jameer Nelson, for sure, what more does this guy have to do? He's proved himself against college players, he's put up great numbers while leading his team. GM's are going to be kicking them selves in a couple years. And I don't even know how Luol Deng slipped so low, its just crazy.

19. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Moo2K4:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think OKAFOR (please spell his name correctly [​IMG] ), was a steal. I think most people knew that it was a toss up between him and Dwight to go first. So, I don't think calling him a steal works out well. Also, a steal doesn't go 2nd in the draft. You get steals later in the draft. Like, late, late first round or in the 2nd round. So, yea, I don't think Okafor going #2 was a steal. It was expected by some for him to go there, I wasn't one of those people.</div>

thank you for supplying me with your definition of "steal". however, heres how i characterize okafor (satisfied?) as a steal; there was no way the bocats could move up to the first pick, he's has a guaranteed star (not superstar) as your going to get in this draft, the bobcats save 2 million dollars over the life of his contract which is crucial since they only have a 30 million dollar cap, his offensive game was relatively unexplored at uconn so much room for improvement and finally he's the perfect anchor for a defense. plus, if u seriously want to discover a late first round or second round steal u need to revisit the selections after three years.

20. og15

og15 JBB *********

Yea I don't think Okafor was a steal either, not because he went second but because Dwight will be better than expected. I think Dwight's first year he has the 11 points, 7 rebounds, 1 block numbers, and Emeka has 13-14 points, 9 rebounds and 2 blocks, but Orlando isn't going to win the championship in the next 2 years.
    In 2 years Dwight will be tearing it up while Okafor will be good but not Dwight good, so it could be a steal for the Magic.