Steph Is Not Untouchable

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Mr. J, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">It appears no coincidence that at the same time Knicks president Isiah Thomas said Thursday he was pursuing Phil Jackson, he let it out that Stephon Marbury could be available "in the right deal."

The untouchable status is off Marbury. It will be interesting to see if Thomas offers Marbury in a sign-and-trade deal for free-agent center Zydrunas Ilgauskas or unhappy Wally Szczerbiak. They are the kind of dominant low-post center and athletic, long wing players Thomas is craving. </div>
    New York Post
    Thank you Isiah. While I am a big fan of Marbury, I'm not sure the status of Marbury and the future of the Knicks. It hasn't been working out well and it's nice to see Isiah is really trying to make things better and not allow personal feelings to affect him in his job, If the Knicks can get a Marbury/Bogut deal, I'd be very happy. If they can get a Marbury 3 first round picks deal, I'd be happy. If they can get a Marbury Green deal, I'd be happy too! I don't want a Wally/Steph or Ilgauskas deal. I'd rather go younger and receive something in return for Marbury.

2. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">New York Post
    Thank you Isiah. While I am a big fan of Marbury, I'm not sure the status of Marbury and the future of the Knicks. It hasn't been working out well and it's nice to see Isiah is really trying to make things better and not allow personal feelings to affect him in his job, If the Knicks can get a Marbury/Bogut deal, I'd be very happy. If they can get a Marbury 3 first round picks deal, I'd be happy. If they can get a Marbury Green deal, I'd be happy too! I don't want a Wally/Steph or Ilgauskas deal. I'd rather go younger and receive something in return for Marbury.</div>

Explain to me as to how you would manage to get Bogut? The Hawks aren't dumb enough to give up that first pick overall (assuming they get it) for someone who hasn't helped a team win much of anything his entire career in Stephon Marbury.

3. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Moo2K4:</div><div class="quote_post">Explain to me as to how you would manage to get Bogut? The Hawks aren't dumb enough to give up that first pick overall (assuming they get it) for someone who hasn't helped a team win much of anything his entire career in Stephon Marbury.</div>
    I think a Marbury plus our potential 8th pick maybe our other pick and someone else (say Sweetney) can help? The Hawks are in complete off the map and Marbury might help them win more than 13 games. I don't know if it can work out cap wise, but if it can, I think it is definitely something to look at for the Hawks. If anything the Knicks are giving up way too much!

4. Got DWade?

Got DWade? JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">I think a Marbury plus our potential 8th pick maybe our other pick and someone else (say Sweetney) can help? The Hawks are in complete off the map and Marbury might help them win more than 13 games. I don't know if it can work out cap wise, but if it can, I think it is definitely something to look at for the Hawks. If anything the Knicks are giving up way too much!</div>

lmfao for bogut, I highly doubt that the gm of a team like the hawks, who have no need for a player like marbury would trade bogut for starbury+the fat guy...

5. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Got DWade?:</div><div class="quote_post">lmfao for bogut, I highly doubt that the gm of a team like the hawks, who have no need for a player like marbury would trade bogut for starbury+the fat guy...</div>
    I was expecting a low-quality post sooner or later... [​IMG]
    Anyway, no matter how you look at it, Marbury + Sweetney + the 8th pick in the draft > will be better than Bogut. Plain and simple.

6. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">I think a Marbury plus our potential 8th pick maybe our other pick and someone else (say Sweetney) can help? The Hawks are in complete off the map and Marbury might help them win more than 13 games. I don't know if it can work out cap wise, but if it can, I think it is definitely something to look at for the Hawks. If anything the Knicks are giving up way too much!</div>

I still don't understand why the Hawks would want to do this. It wouldn't make sense. By bringing him in, they bring in a selfish point guard who has never won much of anything his entire career. By doing that, it can only hamper the development of Smith, Childress, and what will likely be Bogut. Beyond that, Bogut is the thing this team needs. They don't need an aging, selfish, and overpaid point guard. And by the time the 8th pick rolls around, the guys they'd likely need aside from Bogut, being Paul and Williams, will also likely be gone. To me, trading down just to get Marbury does them no good. Plus, imagine the cap problems they could have when they need to resign their young guys (assuming his contract or potential stay for Atl would last that long). It just doesn't make any sense to me.

7. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Moo2K4:</div><div class="quote_post">I still don't understand why the Hawks would want to do this. It wouldn't make sense. By bringing him in, they bring in a selfish point guard who has never won much of anything his entire career. By doing that, it can only hamper the development of Smith, Childress, and what will likely be Bogut. Beyond that, Bogut is the thing this team needs. They don't need an aging, selfish, and overpaid point guard. And by the time the 8th pick rolls around, the guys they'd likely need aside from Bogut, being Paul and Williams, will also likely be gone. To me, trading down just to get Marbury does them no good. Plus, imagine the cap problems they could have when they need to resign their young guys (assuming his contract or potential stay for Atl would last that long). It just doesn't make any sense to me.</div>
    Marbury is less selfish than what people give him credit for. Him getting 8 assists per game shouldn't be taken for granted. Well some players such as KG (until recently), McGrady, Elton Brand, Steve Francis, Big Z (and the list goes on) have not won anything either. Again Marbury being selfish is overrated, and I don't really think he is really overpaid. Either way, Marbury will give the Hawks a better record. Marbury, Sweetney, the 8th, and 30th pick will not help the Hawks out? I don't understand that. They can become instant contenders with that move. Also when Smith and Childress become free agents, Marbury's contract expires.

8. Got DWade?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">I was expecting a low-quality post sooner or later... [​IMG]
    Anyway, no matter how you look at it, Marbury + Sweetney + the 8th pick in the draft > will be better than Bogut. Plain and simple.</div>

I am in fear of your incredibly high-quality posting and logic, typical NY fan [​IMG]

Bogut is a young talent, you can't teach size, and he already has exceptional skills for a center, and basketball IQ, the only real downside is his mobility, which can be ignored because of his skills. He IS exactly what the hawks need, young talent. Let's look at what is offered; Marbury, an aging, overrated, and selfish player. You say that marbury isn't as selfish as most people...but the amount of assists he gets is a testiment as to how much he has the ball...but in essence he is really a lot less selfish then most people make him out to be. However, the main downside for Marbury, IMO, is that he is way to old for the hawks, they need young guys, they're far away from the playoffs, why do they need a vet like marbury to run the team.

Now let's look at Sweetney, people have argued that bogut is a bad fit for the hawks because of his speed/mobility, well sweetney is in horrible shape, he could never keep up with an up-tempo pace, and he doesn't have the sive like bogut has. Let's go to the pick, you can't possibly compare a first pick to the 8th pick, basically something like Bogut vs. Green.

So, the only thing that the Hawks get out of the deal is Marbury, but do you really see a need for marbury, they need young guys, not vetrans. Even if the deal did go down, not mention his contract which goes through 2008-09.

I forgot to add, do you care to explain the incredibly high-quality statement of:

"Anyway, no matter how you look at it, Marbury + Sweetney + the 8th pick in the draft > will be better than Bogut. Plain and simple."

9. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Got DWade?:</div><div class="quote_post">I am in fear of your incredibly high-quality posting and logic, typical NY fan [​IMG]</div>
    I never mentioned anything about me being a better poster than you. You assumed I did. Moo2K4 brought some nice points, you said he won't trade for Starbury and the fat guy. I don't think there's outstanding quality in that one sentence, do you honestly think so? Canadian fan [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Bogut is a young talent, you can't teach size, and he already has exceptional skills for a center, and basketball IQ, the only real downside is his mobility, which can be ignored because of his skills. He IS exactly what the hawks need, young talent. Let's look at what is offered; Marbury, an aging, overrated, and selfish player. You say that marbury isn't as selfish as most people...but the amount of assists he gets is a testiment as to how much he has the ball...but in essence he is really a lot less selfish then most people make him out to be. However, the main downside for Marbury, IMO, is that he is way to old for the hawks, they need young guys, they're far away from the playoffs, why do they need a vet like marbury to run the team.</div>
    Marbury makes his teammates better too. Maybe not like John Stockton, but many of the times he does make his teammates better. This season Marbury has been distributing the ball more than ever this season. Marbury is 28, please stop acting as if he is on the verge of retiring. How ever you cut the cake, it all boils down to Marbury will give you 20 points 8 assists a night. He breaks down defense which gives everyone on the team good looks. Why do they need veterans? Every team should have a veteran.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Now let's look at Sweetney, people have argued that bogut is a bad fit for the hawks because of his speed/mobility, well sweetney is in horrible shape, he could never keep up with an up-tempo pace, and he doesn't have the sive like bogut has. Let's go to the pick, you can't possibly compare a first pick to the 8th pick, basically something like Bogut vs. Green.
    </div>
    Sweetney is not in horrible shape. He can and has been running the floor for the Knicks. If he was in horrible shape, why would he even be in the NBA? The Hawks don't need a completely uptempo style. They already have 4 players who can already run the floor well for them in Smith, Childress, Harrington, and Lue. Also even if you did think Sweetney was in horrible shape, he has 6 months to get into good shape. Ever thought about that? Sweetney can serve as a very legit post up threat for them. He averages 8 and 5 in 19 minutes, and in 30 minutes, he averages 16 points and 9 rebounds. He will be a very good player in the league. And Green, he's projected to be the next Tracy McGrady! He has a bigger upside than Bogut and can help put this team on the map.
    So let's think about this:
    PG: Marbury
    SG: Childress
    SF: Smith
    PF: Harrington
    C: Drobnjak

Bench:
    Sweetney
    Green
    Lue

That team is more improved in every aspect than just Bogut. Also let?s not forget a potential role player with the 30th pick in the draft. That move is not a completely horrible trade at all.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">So, the only thing that the Hawks get out of the deal is Marbury, but do you really see a need for marbury, they need young guys, not vetrans. Even if the deal did go down, do you really see marbury wanting to stay with a team like the hawks...</div>
    [​IMG]
    Did you read my post? The only thing is Marbury? What about Sweetney, a possible Gerald Green, and the 30th pick? Did you forget about those?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I forgot to add, do you care to explain the incredibly high-quality statement of:

"Anyway, no matter how you look at it, Marbury + Sweetney + the 8th pick in the draft > will be better than Bogut. Plain and simple."</div>
    Marbury, Sweetney, a potential Green, and the 30th pick in the draft will be better than Andrew Bogut.
    Let's say Marbury puts up 20 points 8 assists
    Sweetney puts up 8 points 5 rebounds
    Green puts up 6 points 3 rebounds
    the 30th pick puts up 4 points and 1 rebound.
    Overall you have at least 38 points 9 rebounds and 8 assists. Let's say Bogut puts up 17/8/3. Who gets the better deal? Even if Marbury declines, you still have the potential McGrady, Sweetney a work horse and the 30th pick. When it's all said and done, all three of them combined will be better than just one Andrew Bogut.

10. Beat

Beat JBB JustBBall Member

I think we should keep Marbury. Maybe not build around him but he should be a core player. Really what we need is a center who can rebound and play good D' and a sg who can shoot. If green turns out to be at least a Joe Johnson type player and we get a good center I think we could be title contenders easily.

11. Got DWade?

*sigh* Here we go. Silly <u>New York</u> fan [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I was expecting a low-quality post sooner or later... Anyway, no matter how you look at it, Marbury + Sweetney + the 8th pick in the draft > will be better than Bogut. Plain and simple. </div>

K, with my "the fat guy" quote, it was a joke, because he is overweight, and not in a good way like shaq was/is. I did not assume anything, you clearly implied that I just made a low-quality post, which I disagree with, but hell who cares. I did not assume that you said you were a better poster then me, you said I made a low-quality post, which I responded to by saying your post was well...also suspect/low-quality.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Marbury makes his teammates better too. Maybe not like John Stockton, but many of the times he does make his teammates better. This season Marbury has been distributing the ball more than ever this season. Marbury is 28, please stop acting as if he is on the verge of retiring. How ever you cut the cake, it all boils down to Marbury will give you 20 points 8 assists a night. He breaks down defense which gives everyone on the team good looks. Why do they need veterans? Every team should have a veteran.</div>

You're right, he does make his team better with his assists, but not nearly on an exceptional high level like some PG's (*cough* kidd). He's 28, he's past his prime, he's not going to get any better..whilst compared to bogut where the sky is the limit. And do they really need a very pricey vet like starbury... hell if you want a vet resign Kevin Willis. The hawks are a long away from the playoffs, plus his contract still has 4 or 3 years (I think), even with your roster of:

PG: Marbury

Sure, it's a better roster then they would have if they drafted Bogut, but in the long run, would you rather have a deteriorating PG in marbury, the incredibly raw green who will take a long while to really contribute to any team, and the overweight and under sized sweetney, or the rising star, and potential of Bogut. Like I said, you can't teach size, and bogut already combines that with a high basketball IQ (which is really rare in 7 footers) and already has the skill to contribute, simply he has an amazing overall game and is still very young.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Sweetney is not in horrible shape. He can and has been running the floor for the Knicks. If he was in horrible shape, why would he even be in the NBA? The Hawks don't need a completely uptempo style. They already have 4 players who can already run the floor well for them in Smith, Childress, Harrington, and Lue. Also even if you did think Sweetney was in horrible shape, he has 6 months to get into good shape. Ever thought about that? Sweetney can serve as a very legit post up threat for them. He averages 8 and 5 in 19 minutes, and in 30 minutes, he averages 16 points and 9 rebounds. He will be a very good player in the league. And Green, he's projected to be the next Tracy McGrady! He has a bigger upside than Bogut and can help put this team on the map. </div>

All I have to say to this...is everything I said above...sweetney is overweight and IS in bad shape comparing to basically any other PF in the leage you cannot deny that, although he will be given the oppurtunity during the off season to change, green is incredibly raw, out of highschool, he'll take a long while to turn into anything like T-Mac, also he needs to work on his upperbody, he just doesn't have a NBA body right now, he will turn into a great NBA all-star...but it will take a lot of development for that to happen.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Did you read my post? The only thing is Marbury? What about Sweetney, a possible Gerald Green, and the 30th pick? Did you forget about those?</div>

What I meant by that is the only real servicable thing the hawks would bet is marbury, I don't think they need a fat power-forward in sweetney, a raw gerald green, and the LAST thing they need is ANOTHER role player via the 30th pick.

Meh, typical NY fans. [​IMG]

12. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

It doesnt matter, yall wouldnt get much for Marbury in return...hes a nice talent, but hes not a winner or leader...You might get two decent players for him, but who would actually want him, except for maybe a lower-tier team such as Atlanta or New orleans...hes never won in any of his stops (Minny, NJ, Phoenix or NY) and his career has been pretty much about numbers...yes, averages of 21 and 8 are nice, but if that doesnt produce into victories, then it doesnt matter...bottom line, trading marbury wont necessarily solve the Knicks' problems...the Knicks' problem is that they have way too many undersized posts and too many guards who are only really skilled in one area, which is scoring (Marbury, Crawford and Houston)...frankly, they're a mess, but I believe that Sweetney, Ariza, Marbury and Crawford MAY be a nice core to atleast start with...Thomas, Mo Taylor, Malik Rose should all be packaged one way or another for a suitable big man...

13. crazyrussianz

crazyrussianz JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Got DWade?:</div><div class="quote_post">lmfao for bogut, I highly doubt that the gm of a team like the hawks, who have no need for a player like marbury would trade bogut for starbury+the fat guy...</div>

Do you have something against fat people, no.1 he can defend alot of centers or PFs and hes a great low post player, so please b4 u judge him by his looks look how he plays, ok!

14. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">K, with my "the fat guy" quote, it was a joke, because he is overweight, and not in a good way like shaq was/is. I did not assume anything, you clearly implied that I just made a low-quality post, which I disagree with, but hell who cares. I did not assume that you said you were a better poster then me, you said I made a low-quality post, which I responded to by saying your post was well...also suspect/low-quality.
    </div>
    Well I added facts and substance instead of saying "the fat guy." There's a big difference.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    You're right, he does make his team better with his assists, but not nearly on an exceptional high level like some PG's (*cough* kidd). He's 28, he's past his prime, he's not going to get any better..whilst compared to bogut where the sky is the limit. And do they really need a very pricey vet like starbury... hell if you want a vet resign Kevin Willis. The hawks are a long away from the playoffs, plus his contract still has 4 or 3 years (I think), even with your roster of:</div>
    So? Kidd is considered one of the best PG's in history. What matters is Marbury can make his teammates better and will do it in Atlanta. He's in his prime not past it. Willis is pretty much ineffective, Marbury will give you 20/8 a night. When his contract expires, Childress and Smith expire too so it works out well.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">PG: Marbury

Sure, it's a better roster then they would have if they drafted Bogut, but in the long run, would you rather have a deteriorating PG in marbury, the incredibly raw green who will take a long while to really contribute to any team, and the overweight and under sized sweetney, or the rising star, and potential of Bogut. Like I said, you can't teach size, and bogut already combines that with a high basketball IQ (which is really rare in 7 footers) and already has the skill to contribute, simply he has an amazing overall game and is still very young.</div>
    But Marbury will help right away and by the time he starts deteriorating, Green would start flourishing along with Sweetney. Bogut is the most NBA ready in the draft but he doesn't have the biggest potential.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">All I have to say to this...is everything I said above...sweetney is overweight and IS in bad shape comparing to basically any other PF in the leage you cannot deny that, although he will be given the oppurtunity during the off season to change, green is incredibly raw, out of highschool, he'll take a long while to turn into anything like T-Mac, also he needs to work on his upperbody, he just doesn't have a NBA body right now, he will turn into a great NBA all-star...but it will take a lot of development for that to happen.</div>
    Sweetney is not overweight. He uses his body in the post to score. If that?s the case than Elton Brand is overweight too. If you watch Sweetney on a consistent basis you would know. Green is raw, but once Marbury starts breaking down, he?ll start making a big impact. Mac broke out in his 3rd year. Kobe broke out his 2nd year.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What I meant by that is the only real servicable thing the hawks would bet is marbury, I don't think they need a fat power-forward in sweetney, a raw gerald green, and the LAST thing they need is ANOTHER role player via the 30th pick.

Meh, typical NY fan. [​IMG]</div>
    Do you watch NBA basketball? You?re really sounding?uninformed to put it nicely. Even if you thought Sweetney was fat, he is still effective. Green would make an impact when Marbury starts breaking down, and how many low picks have turned out well? Ginobili, Parker, Rashard Lewis, Ariza, Duhon and the list goes on. How would a solid role player be the last thing they need?

15. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

It's not a dumb idea. It is very interesting at the least is the point im tryng to get across.

16. Tribute to H2O

Tribute to H2O JBB JustBBall Rookie Of The Month

First off the Atlanta Hawks first priority is to get people to buy their tickets and go to their games. That's their first order of business. Marbury can do that if nothing else. Second, Bogut as it's already been said is not a good fit for the up tempo game the Hawks want to run whereas Marbury is a great fit. Finally Marbury just might make Atlanta a place where basketball players want to go again if they can start winning again. No free agent will sign with the Hawks no matter how much money is thrown at them. Even if Marbury doesnt have alot of good years left if he can get them to start winning, there's a chance that free agents will sign with the Hawks. So getting Marbury has alot more benefits then 20 points and 8 assists a night. If we throw in a player like Mo Taylor who is a legitimate threat in the low post I'm sure that the Hawks or Hornets would give up draft picks(especially since there are no Duncans in the draft)to bring back some life to their respective clubs.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Got DWade?:</div><div class="quote_post">K, with my "the fat guy" quote, it was a joke, because he is overweight, and not in a good way like shaq was/is.</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Got DWade?:</div><div class="quote_post"> All I have to say to this...is everything I said above...sweetney is overweight and IS in bad shape comparing to basically any other PF in the leage you cannot deny that, although he will be given the oppurtunity during the off season to change...</div>

Now tell me how is Sweetney "overweight" if it doesnt affect his game? Sweetney may be 270 lbs but he doesnt move like it. He's pretty quick and agile. You mention the shape of all the other powerforwards in league but you dont mention he's stronger than almost all of them in the low post. You can probably count on one hand all the powerforwards in the league that can stop him in the low post. Compared to Sweetney most of the other powerforwards in the league are just oversized small forwards. Sweetney is usually stronger than the guy guarding him and if he's not stronger he's almost certainly quicker.

On a side note Bogut is starting to get overrated. Noone mentioned Bogut's suspect on ball defense. He certainly will not be a good shot blocker and he probably wont be an outstanding rebounder considering his mobility issues. Not saying he shouldnt be the top pick(and he almost certainly wont!) or that he wont be a good player but he isnt alot better than some of the other guys in this draft. I personally wouldnt pack up Sweetney and my lottery pick for him.

17. Beat

Beat JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tribute to H2O:</div><div class="quote_post"> I personally wouldnt pack up Sweetney and my lottery pick for him.</div>
    [​IMG]
    It seems as if Got D Wade is now just posting to start trouble.

18. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BobbyEscobar:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]
    It seems as if Got D Wade is now just posting to start trouble.</div>
    Word, that NY thing was out of line imo.

19. YSM5

YSM5 JBB JustBBall Member

thats true

20. Got DWade?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">Well I added facts and substance instead of saying "the fat guy." There's a big difference.</div> Do I have to define the word joke to you

Joke:

1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.

2. A mischievous trick; a prank.

3.An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

4.Informal.

(a) Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.

([​IMG] An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

And... <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Marbury + Sweetney + the 8th pick in the draft > will be better than Bogut. Plain and simple</div> facts and substance....right.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">So? Kidd is considered one of the best PG's in history. What matters is Marbury can make his teammates better and will do it in Atlanta. He's in his prime not past it. Willis is pretty much ineffective, Marbury will give you 20/8 a night. When his contract expires, Childress and Smith expire too so it works out well.</div>

You claim that marbury isn't selfish, it's going to turn out something like with LBJ except on a larger scale. He dishes, and his teammates can't convert. Then he's just going to go back to being selfish. I used Willis as an example, he's much to old, but still provides leadership and direction for the young guys (*cough* Bogut) so basically it was just to prove your logic of..."every team needs a vetran" wrong, when if you want a vetran you could simply sign the lower-class guys for a lot less money. Whatever, I believe that he's starting to get worse just like GP did, except faster, but thats a matter of oppinion and has no way of being proven except by waiting.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">But Marbury will help right away and by the time he starts deteriorating, Green would start flourishing along with Sweetney. Bogut is the most NBA ready in the draft but he doesn't have the biggest potential. </div>

That is debatable; we have no idea whether or not green will even be good, he only has a lot of potention, they said the same thing about dorrel wright...he does have a lot of potential but we have no idea how long will it take for him to use it. I don't believe sweetney will ever flourish, he's under-sized, I don't see the comparison to him and brand, and the only people he can beat up on is PF's like haslem...bosh destroyed him, even the stringbean he is. All guards start deteriorating at the age of 30 or around that age, that's only 2 years away for marbury, will green possibly bulk up and "flourish" as you say by then...debatable. My point is marbury will only get worse.

Also, bogut has alot more potential then you give him credit for, he's still really young, I think 20 or 21, and already is the most NBA ready for the draft...but isn't that kind of weird because usually guards are the most ready for the nba...if you look at the past drafts, I guess you don't watch enough basketball [​IMG] .

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Sweetney is not overweight. He uses his body in the post to score. If that?s the case than Elton Brand is overweight too. If you watch Sweetney on a consistent basis you would know. Green is raw, but once Marbury starts breaking down, he?ll start making a big impact. Mac broke out in his 3rd year. Kobe broke out his 2nd year. </div>

Sweetney, IMO is exactly like zbo, he uses his weight to push people around, but like H20 said the hawks play an up-tempo game, but the only thing is Bogut isn't fat, sweetney is. And he only averages 5 rpg and 8 ppg in 19 minutes....a monster...and if you compare Zbo to sweetney, i'd take zach, i'd take brand, i'd even take bosh to bang with him, he isn't as strong as you make him out to be, I've watched a lot more bball then you guys think.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Sweetney is not overweight.</div>

And, I just had to laugh at that quote again, because it's the funniest thing I have ever heard. I really hope I don't have to explain that to you...

And You never know when players will break out of their shell, if ever. Some people are late, some guys are early, some never do anything. For example I see dorrel wright taking 4 years to really break out of his shell, but that's all debatable.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Do you watch NBA basketball? You?re really sounding?uninformed to put it nicely. Even if you thought Sweetney was fat, he is still effective. Green would make an impact when Marbury starts breaking down, and how many low picks have turned out well? Ginobili, Parker, Rashard Lewis, Ariza, Duhon and the list goes on. How would a solid role player be the last thing they need?</div>

I can say the same thing about you...

Sweetney is very effective, 5 rpg and 8 ppg in 19 minutes..it's not very incredible. It's pretty reasonable for a sophmore but it's nothing special.

Also, those were all good picks...out of how many ineffective role players that were taken in the draft, there are only a few that turn out to be like shard or manu, etc. So, the 30th pick in the draft isn't all that great if you can't use it.

The NY thing was a joke, may I reffer you to the top of my post.

I do not come in here to flame you guys, I just want to have an intelligible discussion, and I don't come here to start trouble, im doing exactly what mrj18 does in the raptor forums.

And, to H20, the only reason why atlanta doesn't sell tickets is because they lose. The slam dunk champion can sell tickets better then marbury, but if they don't do good no one will come. If they draft Bogut, it will give the atlanta fans something to look forward to. And every good guard wants a dominant big man (why did t-mac come to houston...because it's alot easier to win with Yao) Bogut, is very special, because he's a really good passer, and what kind of guard wouldn't want a guy like bogut in the post to give him the ball when he cuts or is open.

In conclusion, Bogut will make people want to come, and I think Smith with his dunks can sell tickets to...all the team has to do is win.

Bogut isn't really ovverated, his defense isn't that bad, and plus you can teach better defence, he's still really young and is supposed to reach his prime at 26, so he has a long way to go.

And some people are insecure, I'm not making fun of anyone (NY or fat people, shaq was fat, but he dominated, and I don't see that in sweetney), lighten up. [​IMG]