Stephen Jackson

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by NYKnick87, Jul 26, 2003.

1. NYKnick87

NYKnick87 JBB JustBBall Member

I'm a supporter of the KVH for Spree trade, but after finding out that Jackson is a FA, I regret the trade. Steven Jackson can play good defense, is atheltic, penetrate just as good as Spree, a good passer, and a good scorer. If we did get Jackson, we could've had Houston and Jackson at the SG and SF spots, one a good shooter and the other a good penetrator. Or, we could have Spree come off the bench to play SG and Jackson at the SF. Both can penetrate and both can play good defense. The Knicks could've got Jackson who is younger, more athletic, and more aggressive and also cheaper instead of KVH and his mammoth contract.

2. Truemaster14

Truemaster14 JBB JustBBall Member

If the knicks want a guy who shoots knuckle balls and commits alot of turnovers then jackson is your guy :thumbsup:

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Truemaster14:</div><div class="quote_post">If the knicks want a guy who shoots knuckle balls and commits alot of turnovers then jackson is your guy :thumbsup:</div>

You mean

hit clutch shots
    gets the team motivated when down
    he comes up big when spurs need him

he is clutch if it wasn't for him..there would of been a game 7 v dallas

Oh did i mention...HE NOW HAS A RING...

4. Truemaster14

hes a good player, im just saying that he needs to improve a little bit.

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Every player needs to improve...

6. NYKnick87

NYKnick87 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">If the knicks want a guy who shoots knuckle balls and commits alot of turnovers then jackson is your guy </div>

Yeah, the same guy that killed the Mavs in Game 6 and helped the Spurs put away the Nets in the Finals. This guy is fearless, and at he knows how to step it up in pressure situations.

7. knicks235

knicks235 JBB JustBBall Member

hopfully sjax can still sign with us, i would put van horn on the bench but since layden and cheany are the only 2 van horn fans, it wont happen

8. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

Van Horn can play power forward.

9. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

I don't think that he can. He doesn't have the post skills nor the size. You can't just move people to the nearest position whenever you have a logjam at a certain position.

10. Truemaster14

yeah, people dont realize that though

11. Voodoo Child

Yeah, like all the Magic fans who think Gooden can play center for them. [​IMG]

12. Truemaster14

:mrgreen:

13. Nylex

Nylex JBB JustBBall Member

Van Horn doesn't have the size to play PF?! He's 6-10!

14. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Nylex:</div><div class="quote_post">Van Horn doesn't have the size to play PF?! He's 6-10!</div>And if he turns sideways you can't see him. I am talking about size, not just height. Guys like Keith Van Horn would get killed in the paint.

15. Kid Canada

^hes like 255 pounds. He can play power forward he played it on the nets and sometime the sixers depending on the match up because Kenny Thomas could nt handle some.

16. Voodoo Child

Just because he helped out for a few games at Power Forward doesn't mean that he would be a good starting Power Forward. Little 6-0 Earl Watson played Power Forward some games for the Grizzlies, but that doesn't mean he could always play there. I don't care if he is 6-10 and 255lbs. because he is definitely a little guy for a Power Forward who will be killed in the post.

17. Kid Canada

Earl Watson did nt play power forward. He can be a full time power forward. He was on the Nets and did nt get killed. He has good size for a power forward.

18. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

keith van horn doesn't have the strength or toughness to play inside. he's a perimeter player and not a banger. the knicks already have enough tweeners on the team with van horn, spoon & shandon anderson to play the SF spot. i don't think sjax fits on this team at all. also lampe will be used a lot because he's lighting it up in the pre-season and the knicks want to develop him ASAP. and if they sign lee nailon there will be even less minutes.

19. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

whoever said that gooden could play center? i sure didn't. i hope that zaza or hunter can play good quality ball at center and gooden at pf and howard at sf, that would beat most east teams.

20. jbbSpree

jbbSpree JBB JustBBall Member

gooden got game.. but definately not at center! lol.. im not a fan of the KVH trade..im glad Spree got to a good team but now i feel sorry for the knicks.. i think they got the bad end of the deal. i dont c what kind of drastic imporvements they think they can make for trading Spree for KVH.. fair enough if the trade was for someone worth it but KVH?? they already have a softy in Houston. As for Stephen Jackson.. he's a great player.. but hes nothing that can help the knicks.. i think the knicks need Shaq if there gunna do anything otherwise ill be suprised to see them make the top 8 this season.. or it'll be 3rd year straight with no playoff hopes