Stern still backs Bennett

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Sir Desmond, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>OKLAHOMA CITY -- Despite the release of e-mails that SuperSonics owner Clay Bennett exchanged last year with partners about moving the team to Oklahoma City, NBA commissioner David Stern says he is convinced Bennett made a good-faith effort to keep the team in Seattle.

Bennett and ownership partners Aubrey McClendon and Tom Ward exchanged e-mails in April 2007 in which they discussed whether there was any way to avoid further "lame duck" seasons in Seattle before the team could be relocated.

Bennett, who had promised to negotiate with Seattle for a full year before deciding whether to move the Sonics, responded: "I am a man possessed! Will do everything we can. Thanks for hanging with me boys."

"I haven't studied them but my sense of it was that Clay, as the managing partner and the driving force of the group, was operating in good faith under the agreement that had been made with [previous owner] Howard Schultz," Stern said on a conference call Monday. "His straight and narrow path may not have been shared by all of his partners in their views, but Clay was the one that was making policy for the partnership."</div>

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3346600

2. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

What kind of b.s. statement is that? Obviously he's studied it, playing the ignorance card is moronic. He's the commissioner: its his job to keep tabs on information like this.

3. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

Seriously who would want to spend all-star weekend in Oklahoma City?

4. pegs

pegs My future wife.

David Stern is a big giant douche bag.

You know he's just BSing right there. He knows just as well as anyone else what Clay Bennett has been trying to do along, and he's just looking away.

I hope both get kicked in the nuts by Gary Payton. Wait, never mind. I forgot. David Stern doesn't have balls.