Suggestions plz for replacement grip?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by sarahadams, Mar 17, 2023.

1. sarahadams

sarahadams New Member

So I've started using the tecnifibre tf40 2022.

I don't mind the grip on it, the size is great. But for a 1.9mm thick grip it's interesting how much it LACKS shock absorption. I bought one of these frames incidentally without a grip on it and put on a Wilson pro performance which is 1.6mm. Love that grip. Shock absorption seemed better despite being thinner, but also has less stiff strings Vs the demo so maybe it was just that.

Has anyone else thought similar that the x-tra feel grip site link is actually not great for shock absorption too?

Anyway. I may end up just using the x-tra feel grip and I'm planning on buying more of these frames with that grip anyway. But I figure I may as well compare it to some other grips in case I prefer it. And since I need to switch out the grip anyway on one I just regripped to one slightly thicker.

One I am considering is the head hydrosorb tour because it is 1.8mm (so close to stock 1.9mm) and appears to be a heavy grip so likely has pretty good cushioning. I don't mind if it adds a few grams.

Can anyone else suggest any good grips for shock absorption in the 1.8-1.9mm range?

I also use an overgrip.

Thanks!