Summer Trade Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by playaofthegame, Apr 16, 2007.

1. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Because of Nene's contract extension, the Nuggets go well over the luxury-tax threshold in the 2007-2008 season and the rumor is the team will look to move Marcus Camby this summer for financial reasons despite his defensive play.</div>Let's trade for Marcus Camby!<u>Outgoing </u>Theo Ratliff6-10 C from Wyoming2.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.0 apg in 21.5 minutes Ryan Gomes6-7 PF from Providence12.1 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.6 apg in 30.9 minutes <u>Incoming </u>Marcus Camby6-11 C from Massachusetts11.2 ppg, 11.7 rpg, 3.2 apg in 33.9 minutes Reggie Evans6-8 PF from Iowa4.7 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 0.7 apg in 16.9 minutes Due to Boston and Denver being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Boston and Denver had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario. The Trade ID for this scenario is 3750496.http://realgm.com/src_tradechecker/1/Camby is a hometown hero (See 1995 UMass final four run) and is a vet who is a huge defensive presence (one of the best defenders and rebounders in the league to add)..of course this scenario would only work if we don't get Oden because Camby is scratched if we get Oden obviously..but if we get Durant or any lower..this trade scenario is not that bad but obviously we'd also have to go for a vet PG in a trade...we need to get rid of some of these players on our rosterWhat you think? Post up your trades you think we should make in the summer

2. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

I like it. Camby is a bit brittle, but he's experienced and can contribute immensley to the team's D, can hit the 15 footer and will not get in Jefferson's way on the Post. Evans is a pure Banger. Only problem is, with J.R Smith and Mello, do the Nuggs, really want/need Gomes?Here's my first attempt Outgoing;Theo Ratliff 6-10 C from Wyoming2.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.0 apg in 21.5 minutes Kendrick Perkins 6-10 C from Clifton J. Ozen (HS)4.5 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 21.7 minutes Delonte West 6-4 PG from St. Joseph's12.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 4.4 apg in 31.9 minutes Incoming Jermaine O'Neal 6-11 C from Eau Claire (HS)19.4 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 2.4 apg in 35.7 minutes Change in team outlook: +0.4 ppg, -2.0 rpg, and -3.3 apg. kinda misleading IMO.Successful Scenario Due to Indiana and Boston being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Boston had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Trade ID 3750702.there's our presence in the middle and Paul would most likely love it!would Jefferson regress or would Jermaine stay strong side and pop 15 footers? Jermaine is a strong defender (though not outstanding), and his 2.6 blk/game would be so nice.If this trade was possible, you could draft Durant and move Paul to SGPacers get a decent sized PG/ Combo Guard, a Center who can play 20 mins a night and cap relief for after their year of rebuilding. (which they pretty much need to do IMO)Starting five;C - O'NealPF - JeffersonSF - Durant (crosses fingers) or Pierce (if draft doesn't go our way)SG - Pierce or Allen (ditto)PG - Rondo

3. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

Larry Bird has come out and said if O'Neal goes, he's not going to any Eastern Conference team. I think playoff's trade could be great, Camby is an absolute monster but I think you would need a litlte bit more than Theo (Who probably won't even play) and gomes. You're more or less giving up a good role player in Evans and a great center in Camby for Ryan Gomes. I think maybe D-West in that trade would make it complete.But on the other hand Camby is injury prone. He's done well this year, he's played in 70 games to date. But not counting this year he's only played more than 70 games in one season since he came in the league in 1996.

4. playaofthegame

They're not searching for good players..they're searching for cap relief and Theo's expiring contract will definitely give them that

5. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

Camby is a great double, double machine center who can provide great defense as well. Evans is an absolute monster rebounder. Gomes is a good player, but he can't provide the production lost by those two combined. I realize they are looking for cap relief but Camby is a huge part of that team, they won't just give him up for an expiring contract and Gomes.

6. Celtic Fan

absolutely. Signing Nene to the huge contract, having K-Mart and now having AI has them at 77 million for next year's cap.oh yeah, Mello's extension kicks in next year too.trading camby would take 8 mill off the cap.

7. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

<span style="color:#556B2F"><u>Minnesota Trade Breakdown </u></span><u>Outgoing </u>Mark Blount7-0 C from Pittsburgh12.3 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 0.8 apg in 31.1 minutes Troy Hudson6-1 PG from Southern Illinois5.9 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 16.4 minutes Randy Foye6-3 PG from Villanova9.8 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.8 apg in 22.5 minutes <u>Incoming </u>Paul Pierce6-6 SF from Kansas25.0 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 4.1 apg in 37.0 minutes <span style="color:#2E8B57"><u>Boston Trade Breakdown </u></span><u>Outgoing </u>Paul Pierce6-6 SF from Kansas25.0 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 4.1 apg in 37.0 minutes <u>Incoming</u><u>Mark Blount</u>7-0 C from Pittsburgh12.3 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 0.8 apg in 31.1 minutes <u>Troy Hudson</u>6-1 PG from Southern Illinois5.9 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 16.4 minutes <u>Randy Foye</u>6-3 PG from Villanova9.8 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.8 apg in 22.5 minutes Change in team outlook: +3.0 ppg, +4.2 rpg, and +1.6 apg. <u>Successful Scenario: </u>Due to Minnesota and Boston being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Minnesota and Boston had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Dont watch Boston much, but I would like this trade if I were yall. Get Blount back, hes been playing very well. I would also have Boston getting a 1st rnd pick from Minny to though. But like I said, dont watch Boston much so this may not be as good as I think.

8. playaofthegame

WHAT THE F*ck WHY WOULD WE WANT BLOUNT BACKWORST TRADE EVER

9. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Blount has been playing well for Minny...I dont know..ive always thought of Foye in Boston...that was the best I came up with. But you know Boston mroe than me...trade must suck.

10. playaofthegame

Blount is playing solid but I think it's a contract year :lol:he was lazy and was a jerk when he was in Boston..pretty much why we traded him

11. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Blount has been playing well for Minny...I dont know..ive always thought of Foye in Boston...that was the best I came up with. But you know Boston mroe than me...trade must suck.</div>Blount had a conspiracy that the Boston media was trying to sabotage him. He bullshitted everyone and said he was going to step up his game after he inked a $35 Million contract. He is a f*cking bi*ch who has as much size as any big man could ask for and all he can do is hit foul line extended jump shots. I would picket outside the Garden if Blount was back on the team.

12. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Blount is playing solid but I think it's a contract year</div>It's not even a contract year, Blount is just a guy that CB32 always talks about. You look at his stats and think wow he's productive, but he really isn't. He has the worst hands in the NBA, isn't tough, he makes a living off of outside jumpers. He's one of those guys that will always be a contributer to a bad basketball team.

13. Celtic Fan

Pierce, when healthy, is a top ten player in this league.no way do you trade him for jettison like that.Foye had an up and down year and may get a lot better, but we got Rondo and he's gonna be a better player IMO.

14. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE @ Apr 17 2007, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It's not even a contract year, Blount is just a guy that CB32 always talks about.</div>
    Wait, what? Blount is a guy that I always talk about? Are you suggesting that I like Mark Blount? F*ck no, I have given him as much sh*t as anybody. I hate Mark Blount, he's a f*cking pussy who screwed us out of a lot of money, Telfair could probably out-rebound the stiff, and if he ever does that high-skip down the court again I'll hire a hit man. I have always hated Mark Blount, and I haven't talked about him in a long time.

15. AiRuPtHeRe

AiRuPtHeRe BBW Elite Member

Celtics NEED to trade back for Ricky Davis. I miss him in Boston. Ricky Davis + Gerald Green = WOOO HUGE DUNK MACHINES.

16. Living_Legend33

Living_Legend33 BBW Member

First things first, the Celtics shouldn't trade for anyone they've gotten rid of in the past 5 years unless he's named Joe Johnson, and I don't see that happening.Trading for a swingman would make no sense as the team already has way too many guys at that position. The Celtics need three things, but since you can't trade for a coach I'll only list two: 1. Center - Al Jefferson is too small to play the 5 and Kendrick Perkins is nothing more than a backup. Unless the Celts end up with the #2 pick and Kevin Durant I'd take a big man in the draft no matter what. If the pick ends up being #3 or worse then packaging it for someone like Pau Gasol, Jermaine O'Neil, or (dare I say) Kevin Garnett would make sense. The Celts could also trade down and take Roy Hibbert or Joakim Noah, picking up something of value along the way.2. Point Guard - Rondo may very well be the future for the Celts at this position, but he's not quite there yet. Getting a veteran like Brevin Knight who could take over when Rondo is struggling and contribute while playing major minutes would do wonders for the team and minimize Rondo's growing pains. There aren't too many quality veteran points available, so this is easier said than done.

17. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Wait, what? Blount is a guy that I always talk about? Are you suggesting that I like Mark Blount? F*ck no, I have given him as much sh*t as anybody. I hate Mark Blount, he's a f*cking pussy who screwed us out of a lot of money, Telfair could probably out-rebound the stiff, and if he ever does that high-skip down the court again I'll hire a hit man. I have always hated Mark Blount, and I haven't talked about him in a long time.</div>Did you read the sentence I wrote after that? You always talk about how stats are decieving, what I meant was Blount is a perfect example of that. It looks funny the way I worded it but it was a compliment to your basketball knowledge if anything. You took it the wrong way.

18. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE @ Apr 17 2007, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Did you read the sentence I wrote after that? You always talk about how stats are decieving, what I meant was Blount is a perfect example of that. It looks funny the way I worded it but it was a compliment to your basketball knowledge if anything. You took it the wrong way.</div>
    Ugh. I do it all the time, don't mind me. :doh:

19. Living_Legend33

Living_Legend33 BBW Member

How about trading Wally or Ratliff and either West/Gomes/Telfair/Allen for AK-47? The Jazz were interested in Wally at one time, and they'd definitely be interested in the cap room received from Ratliff. Kirilenko isn't happy in Utah, and they're not happy paying him all that money. He'd would help the Celts on the defensive end immensely and wouldn't require the ball to be effective like Gerald Green. That would leave plenty of touches for Pierce, Jefferson, and whatever big man the Celts can get in the draft. I'd only make this trade if the Celtics DON'T end up with Kevin Durant. Otherwise it'd just create an Atlanta-like logjam.

20. high54life

high54life Sky's The Limit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AiRuPtHeRe? @ Apr 17 2007, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Celtics NEED to trade back for Ricky Davis. I miss him in Boston. Ricky Davis + Gerald Green = WOOO HUGE DUNK MACHINES.</div>I think part of the Ricky trade was to get Gerald playing time.