Suns@Heat on friday

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Luv2win, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Luv2win

Luv2win JBB JustBBall Member

Well,big game for our team...I think it is very important game for Phoenix,a statement to the rest of the league!Show them that we mean business in the playoffs and this style of basketball can be successfull in the postseason as well.
    Also,now that Duncan is on the IL the Suns can make a run to finish first in the West and gain home court advantage all the way back to the Heat(I hope).Anyway,what you guys think are the keys to beating the Heat(besides stoping Diesel)?

2. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Containing Wade should be a key to the game, he has been known to just go off on some nights and we can't let that be one of those nights. Shaq-Amare doesn't worry me as much, Amare usually does well against better big men (had 39 against KG).

This is a great chance to start a run to get #1 in the West with Duncan out for the Spurs.

3. jbbDowntown

jbbDowntown JBB JustBBall Member

Well, as of tonight's win against the Hawks, the Suns are first in the West. But I don't necessarily see that as a good thing. The Suns have been playing better all year on the road than at home. If the trend continues, they would seem better off without home court advantage. It's only a game difference, and the Suns great road play should more than make up for that. What do you all think?

4. TheMatrix

TheMatrix JBB JustBBall Member

I'm a bit concerned how we will go against Miami after playing Atlanta and Charlotte in the leadup. The game should be awesome though

5. Bba11er08

Bba11er08 JBB JustBBall Member

I am defintly gonna watch this game. I am rooting for Phx!!

6. TheMatrix

The game can't start soon enough for me [​IMG]
    You have to beat the best to be the best

7. jbbDowntown

I agree, and they still have to beat Duncan-ed Spurs. I think they can win tonight. Only 2 hours 9 minutes til tipoff.

8. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

There's so many great games to watch today for the pros and college. Could we be watching a prelude to a possible Finals match-up between these two teams? This game has 4 MVP canidates and the best in the West v. the beast in the East, what more could a fan of the NBA ask for. The key to the game will be TEMPO. Whoever can make the other team play their style of basketball will win this game. The Suns will want to make this a track meet and light up the scoreboard, while the Heat will want to get the Suns offense standing around, and pound them all night with Shaq in the halfcourt set.

9. jbbDowntown

The Suns will probably let Shaq have his game, but the key to their victory is containing Wade. Last time Shaq had 35, and they still got spanked. On the other side, the Heat might try to make Nash score more than usual, to stop the rest of the team from getting a rhythm off of his feeds. If Amare can expand his range early, it will force double-teams his way, and with how good they are at swinging the ball, they might still play good.

10. Shapecity

Miami can't miss, and Phoenix can't make a basket so far in this game. Miami is getting in foul trouble though Shaq and Eddie Jones both have two. If Phoenix starts making their wide open shots they should be able to get back in the game. 22-9 so far with 5 minutes left in the 1st.

11. TheMatrix

Triple teaming Shaq and leaving the outside shooters open? Insane [​IMG]

12. TheMatrix

We need to work harder on the glass, and help Nash out more. They are just throwing guys at him, whilst our players stand around waiting for their shots, not moving around. To think we are only down 60-54 at the half

13. Shapecity

The Suns are on fire in the second half and have tied the game up at 71. Amazing comeback, not the deficite, but the quickness the Suns were able to get back in this game. I'm glad this game has been everything it was hyped to be!

14. TheMatrix

Suns down by 14 with 5 mins to go. Haven't been able to stop Wade, or any of the Heat for that matter. They are shooting just under 55% on the game, and you won't win many when your opponent's shoot like that.

15. TheMatrix

Suns lose 125-115
    Wade was a monster, but he was more contained in the final quarter. OUr defense was lackluster at best, whilst Miami passed the ball around and always seemed to find the open man, who would knock down the shots. They shot at 55%, and that will win you most ball games [​IMG]

16. jbbDowntown

tough loss. I liked that last spurt that put them within like 4 with about a minute and a half to go. But they need to play better defense on Wade and the outside shooters if they want to beat them in the Finals. During their runs, they put a lot of pressure on their shooters, and let Shaq get his points. Wade was unstoppable, including that painful block and shot to end the first half. Miami Heat, see you in the Finals...