Suns Trade!

Discussion in 'Memphis Grizzlies' started by pennyhardaway, Oct 1, 2003.

1. pennyhardaway

pennyhardaway JBB JustBBall Member

Trade! What do you guys think

The suns traded outlaw and tskaladis yesterday for brevin knight and 2 other bums. Then the suns go out and sign guard demarr johnson. There has to be another trade in the works because the suns have penny,marbury,borbosa,jj,casey j,brevin knight and demar johnson there has to be another trade working. You cant take that many guards i have a feeling penny, jj or casey jacobson our goin to be traded what do u guys think. Some wierd moves there has to be something goin on

2. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

It was a while back when somebody posted it but I think Penny might get traded to Memphis.

3. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

Cap reasons. Knight is an expiring contract. He will also have more of an impact backing up Marbury than Barbosa will.

4. Big D

Big D JBB JustBBall Member

Saying a trade was for cap purposes has become the most cliched thing in basketball. Even if it's true, let's all promise to never say the phrase again. Who's in?!

No one? Ahh well. It was worth a shot.

5. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Big D:</div><div class="quote_post">Saying a trade was for cap purposes has become the most cliched thing in basketball. Even if it's true, let's all promise to never say the phrase again. Who's in?!

No one? Ahh well. It was worth a shot.</div>

Well, I could go on to explain the luxury tax ramifications that would affect Phoenix had they not done the trade, and provided monetary losses, but no one reads that when I do bec. it ends up being lengthy.

So why waste my time into a post like that when maybe 2-3 people will read it, when I can just say "cap reasons" and everyone will read it, and understand it

6. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deestillballin:</div><div class="quote_post">It was a while back when somebody posted it but I think Penny might get traded to Memphis.</div>

if that goes down look for the grizzlies to trade battier and/or dickerson (might retire)

7. Big D

Big D JBB JustBBall Member

Not intended as a shot at you Vintage, but I don't suspect you took it as one. You are definitely right about it being a cap move. I've just noticed that's been a buzz phrase for everyone about any trade. Just an observation.

8. jdub

jdub JBB JustBBall Member

penny isnt worth all the money there givin him, maybe there gonna trade him and give jj a startin spot, maybe they will try and get a C, since they traded tsakilidis and outlaw

9. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

One of the problems in the league nowadays is why trades are made. In the past, teams made trades in order to get players that they felt could be integral parts of their team, and help them reach the promised land. However, nowadays teams trade players mainly for salary cap purposes, and how they'll actually fit in with the team has very little or almost no impact on the trade. This just shows that the owners are more concerned with how much money they make at the end of the season than with how their team does in the season. *COUGH* donald sterling *COUGH*. This needs to change soon or the league could get really boring soon... as the only phrase we'll hear when we ask why a trade was made is "cap purposes".

10. NugzFan

NugzFan JBB Banned Member

lux tax kicking in. grizz won this trade.